FreyaW

Landing gear on a static plane?

I am not that new in ArmA 3 community in general, but a complete newbie in editing&screenshots. I am trying to do a screenshot with flying planes. What I am confused with is how to make the plane a static object but do it in a way so it can raise its landing gear, as with open cockpit and lowered gear the pic looks fake. I already tried doing 

this enableSimulationFalse and this engineOn true; player action["landGearup",this], in first case it just fallls w/o raising its gear and in second case it falls with doing it, or it just freezes, depending on do I uncheck Enable Simulation boxes.

A simple solution would be to let it fly for a second and then disable its simulation. 

• Like 1

I messed with something like this a while back but this was for an empty plane, if a pilot is needed it might be possible to move him in later.

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/216323-how-to-create-a-plane-with-closed-canopy-and-landing-gear-up/?tab=comments#comment-3286302

Maybe just attach flying plane to a static object.

Doing what f2k said works. And if it's just for a static screenshot you can position an aircraft just how you want it, then disable it's simulation and hide it, and attach the real one to it.