I'm working on this event for a mission of mine where a ghost hawk flies into the AO, the player, and their squad board said ghost hawk, and the ghost hawk takes them out of the AO. I decided it would be best to use CaptureUnit for this, as the AI piloting can be unreliable at best. And because I wasn't sure how else to have it so that the player and squad would have a limited amount of time to board the helicopter, I decided I'd break the UnitCapture into two parts: Part one flying into the AO and landing, and Part two taking off and RTB.

Part one works fine up until the moment the UnitPlay finishes, at that point the helicopter flies back up into the air and then lands again. And once the player and ai are in the helicopter it does lift off the ground, but then it just hovers, but it's giving me no indication that the script has any errors (and I'm very confident that it doesn't myself). Is there something I can do to fix this? Or should I go about getting the helicopter to pick up the player some other way?

Is this a MP mission? If so, I didn't think Unitcapture worked in MP.

I seem to have fixed my own problem, or part of it at least. In order to fix the helicopter hovering in the air instead of enacting the second part of the unitcapture, I just re-recorded it. But I still can't fix the fact that the helicopter will take off and land again once it lands the first time.

50 minutes ago, SaltyNewt said:

I seem to have fixed my own problem, or part of it at least. In order to fix the helicopter hovering in the air instead of enacting the second part of the unitcapture, I just re-recorded it. But I still can't fix the fact that the helicopter will take off and land again once it lands the first time.

This is a known problem, and I've never seen a fix for it. It's the AI pilot that is doing this.

Well, there is a fix, but not a good one. You could set the helicopter pilot health to 0 (killing him), or just remove the pilot. 

The other thing you could do is just use only one unitcapture where the helicopter flys to the LZ, and lands, sits on the ground for 5-10 seconds, then takes off to RTB.

Place a trigger on your LZ where the heli lands that ejects all the units you want out of the heli. This is the option that I personally use. 

Put this in the trigger for each unit you want to eject out of the heli.

man1 action["eject",heli1]; 

19 hours ago, Rich_R said:

Is this a MP mission? If so, I didn't think Unitcapture worked in MP.

It works MP, I use it pretty often. 

44 minutes ago, beno_83au said:

It works MP, I use it pretty often. 

Seriously????? I thought one of the tutorials said it wouldn’t. This changes everything for mission- making.

Very good to know, thanks! 

• Like 1