Sign in to follow this  
The Truest King

Camera Angle and the Giant Blindside

Just came back after a month break. Took my break during Preppers and just came back to Hunters. What in the living f**k happened to the camera view. My character covers almost all of the left side of the screen and feels like its actually been zoomed in. Almost feels like i cant even see now. If i spam the rb button it actually feels how it used to. Why was this changed? Is this a bug. Why is my character to the complete left side of my screen. Imo you should either choose between 1st or 3rd person. Cuz this 2 1/2 person view is just trash. Everything else is wonderful and this game has done nothing but gotten better aside from this. Anyone else notice this or am i just seeing it differently because of the break i took?

I just answered my own question. Anyone wondering what im talking about. Youtube "Vigor preppers gameplay". The youtube "Vigor hunters gameplay'. Your character position on the screen is almost completely to one side or the other depending on if you hit rb. No wonder my friend list is full of people playing other games used to be a third of my friends playing during preppers. Changes gameplay tremendously. 😕

It definitely changes the gameplay.

I now have to sit further back from my tv because it now feels too close.

I can only assume it has something to do with improving frame rate maybe because you could see a lot more and thus reducing the amount of crashes people were experiencing??? Im just speculating...

• Like 1

Yes, the camera is a lot closer then it used to be. I am pretty sure they have done this to make the third person corner peak somewhat harder. Before S1 you could look into houses without being anywhere near putting yourself into danger, when they placed the camera closer in S1 your sight got completely obstructed by your secondary weapon butt-stock. I found my way around it by equipping my primary in the second slot. However they decided this was the way to fix it. Every time I change my view to the left I indeed only have a very small space where I can actually see the action. Everything else is just my character.

• Like 1

Appreciate the feedback guys. Thought I might have been going crazy. Both points are really good. Improving performance and balance is nice. Just needs to be a smidge more centered imo.