Hham

Portable signal detector

Hey on duos it shows the closest threat as your partner. Please fix as it’s a waste

I think its okay the way it works.

In Duo's u got your Partners Eyes and Ears to spot Enemys.

But in Solo's this thing is really helpful and there the Way it operates is fine. 

It’s description is traceable closest enemy. The point is to be like the signal thing but only the closest. Given the description it’s not working as intended. 

• Like 1

Agreed it’s currently only a solos kit until that’s fixed I’ve wasted a couple simply forgetting it pings my ally. Bit annoying 

The portable signal detector is situational in duo's right now. It can be usefull when playing with a random duo, or when you split up to cover more ground and both players have one in their inventory. You should see it as "it detects the closest Outlander," not enemy.

How long does it work? the full match till i leave or like the signal station for round about 10 seconds?

3 hours ago, stanolli said:

How long does it work? the full match till i leave or like the signal station for round about 10 seconds?

It works the same as the signal detector. It gives a single ping for a few seconds, it does not track a player. The big difference is it only pings the nearest player, there is no notification and it has less activation time.  If you want to track a player use 2 of the PSD with an interval of like 3 seconds. That way you can find out what direction this player is heading.

If another player comes closer in between the interval he will het pinged.

• Like 1

The portable Signal detector does not work for me. It will show me someone across the map and then 10 seconds later I get blindsided by someone in the same building as me. Am I missing something? Do I need to use the signal detector on the map first to be more accurate?

ive literally used it before entering buildings such as the barred house or where time safe is. It pings someone across the map. Go into building still crouched and walking around quietly and get killed by someone waiting inside. 

There are currently issues with the psd that the devs are aware of. Currently their only useful for learning if someone is still in the match late game beyond this the signals that are pinged are just random. Best to avoid using them or take the information they give with a pinch of salt. It’s good training anyway to learn to survive without knowing where everyone is, it’s more fun anyway ^_^ 

Ya it’s weird. It seems to work for other people no problem. And I only started using them cause I could craft them. But I normally don’t even use the signal detector on the map.