MrCrazyDude115

OPERATION COBALT: The Walking Dead Total Conversion

"When civilization ends, it ends fast" - Tobias

kZsB5ei.png

Greetings everyone!

Today I'm here to share with you my biggest project yet. Operation Cobalt.

What is Operation Cobalt?

I'm sure we can all agree there is a lack of "good" FPS/TPS games based in The Walking Dead universe, with very few that even give a glimpse of the Army/Gov in action. Operation Cobalt is an apocalyptic total conversion mod based in The Walking Dead universe, using Ravage and ACE3 as a base, and attempts to portray the efforts of the Military in Roleplay, Milsim, SP, Co-op, and even PVP environments with its included missions and content.

In The Walking Dead, Operation Cobalt is the name given to the plan devised by the U.S. Military in order to contain the spread of the infection. The initial stage of Operation Cobalt was initiated three days after the initial outbreak began in the U.S.A., with the deployment of military units into major urban areas (such as Los Angeles, California or Atlanta, Georgia) after the outbreak overwhelmed local law enforcement. Once deployed, the units would set up easily defensible 'Safe Zones' in urban areas such as Safe Zone India in Los Angeles or around the CDC in Atlanta. Medical facilities and refugee centers, such as those in the Los Angeles Arena and Raynard Community College, would also be set up to secure those believed to be infected, provide screenings for the injured and sick, and to act as bases of operations. Once these areas were set up, the safe zones would be used as a spring board to try to take back major metropolitan areas.

Included Missions/Scenarios (W.I.P)

Operation Cobalt comes with missions, scenarios, and campaigns that all take place in The Walking Dead universe and portray the events of Operation Cobalt, mostly during the first 30 days of the outbreak.

Operation Cobalt RPG (MMORPG) (Released, Alpha)

Spoiler

You RP one of two roles (You can swap between them): Military and civilian. Military personnel have to enforce laws, ensure safety in safezones, conduct missions, and attempt to take the region back from the dead and rebuild civilization. Civilians are basic survivors who must choose between a safe life within the safezones, resort to baditry, or start their own community away from the safezones.

In an effort to combine Milsim, Roleplay, and Zombie Survival, Operation Cobalt is the first ever gamemode meant to immerse the players into a heavy Roleplay environment based in the VERY EARLY stages of the zombie apocalypse, offering players an experience never before seen in Arma 3 while witnessing the fall of society. Rather than throwing the players into an open world with the basic survival mechanics with no real idea of who you are or what you're supposed to do, Operation Cobalt puts the players into one of two sides, where the civilians are free to start their own factions and communities while fighting the undead, pesky bandits, and struggling for survival in the beloved universe of The Walking Dead, and the soldiers need to enact Operation Cobalt.

The events of the Operation Cobalt RPG scenario take place in the following scenario: 17 days into the outbreak, the contingency plan was activated and the major city in the area was bombed. The remaining military units all withdrew to the nearest airbase. After failing to establish contact with high command, the remaining National Guardsmen decided to continue their mission and will begin a second and final push into hostile territory in order to contain, build, exterminate, and protect. Although the official lore never stated that the military attempted a second push, it was never denied or confirmed, therefore I’ve taken a few creative liberties!

Features:

• Two playable factions, each with their own dynamics, shops, playstyles, events, bases, and equipment.
  • Authentic roleplay environment.
  • 120 max players.
  • Extensive base building with different options based on which faction a player is in.
  • Hunger and thirst.
  • Mining, picking apples trees and mushrooms, fishing, hunting, and cooking.
  • Extensive lore based in The Walking Dead universe, with nods to the show and eastereggs.
  • Weapon, item, gear, and vehicle shops with trading.
  • Money, XP, ranking, and kill tracker systems.
  • Full persistence if the server owner has INIDBI2 enabled.
  • Bandit and friendly AI.
  • TFAR support. Having TFAR enabled on the server will auto-add the radios to the military gear shop.
  • And over a dozen more features currently planned and in development!

NOTE: TO HOST OPERATION COBALT RPG, YOU MUST HAVE INIDBI2 ENABLED ON THE SERVER! THIS ALSO GOES FOR HOME-HOSTED GAMES!!!!

SERVER SETUP GUIDE:

OFFICIAL SERVER:

Game Server IP: 54.36.126.232

Port: 2302

• Trapped (SP Mission) (TBA)
  • First Contact (SP Mission) (TBA)
  • Resurgence (Co-Op Mission) (TBA)
  • Escape (Co-Op Mission) (TBA)
  • First Responders (SP Campaign) (TBA)
  • COBALT (SP Campaign) (TBA)
  • N.O.A.H. (SP Campaign) (TBA)

Main Mod Features

• Highly modified Ravage zombies with custom sounds and new animations. (Configured as a replacement mod for Ravage)
  • Custom units for various factions in the editor for mission creation. (Constantly adding more)
  • New weapons and items such as an AR-15, Thermometer gun, fishing pole, pickaxe, hammer, and dozens of food and drink items. (Constantly adding more)
  • Hunger and thirst.
  • Arma 2 animations and terrain walking sounds.
  • Mining, picking apples from trees and mushrooms, fishing, hunting, and cooking using ACE interact. (Constantly adding more)
Spoiler

* All sheep can be hunted with the item classname "rvg_guttingKnife".
* You can cook meat at the campfire with the classname "Campfire_burning_F".
* You can mine with the item classname "gen_pickaxe" at the big hill with the classname "Land_SY_01_stockpile_02_F".
* You can gather mushrooms with the classnames "CUP_clutter_mochomurka" AND "fern_boletus_group".
* You can pick apples off the tree with the classname "CUP_t_malus1s".
* You can go fishing when riding in ANY naval vehicle if you have the item classname "gen_fishing_pole".

• Customized ACE system.
  • ACE can be fully customized to suit your liking under Options --> Addon Options --> Server --> ACE Stuff.
  • Extensive lore based in The Walking Dead universe, with nods to the show and eastereggs. (Constantly adding more)
  • All existing Ravage modules and features will work EXCEPT for the survival system. Use the new KSS Hunger and Thirst module instead!
  • And over a dozen more features currently planned and in development!

Documentation on how to implement each feature into your custom missions will be available soon. For now, join the Discord for help.

Join our Discord for access to our official Cobalt game servers, help, tips, announcements, and so on.

There is a channel in the Discord called "editors-corner", all help regarding how to use the new assets can be requested there.

Screenshots, videos, downloads, and the required mods are available on the Steam Workshop.

CREDITS:

Spoiler

Operation Cobalt and its core missions, mods and new items by Genesis (Myself)
ACE 3 by ACE 3 Team, modified by Genesis
Expansion Mod - CBRN by Jakes
3den Enhanced by R3vo
Arma 2 Sounds for Arma 3 by MAXIMILI
Arma 2 Anims To Arma 3 by MAXIMILI, modified by Genesis
Police Pack by Demian2435
Building Compositions by DP
Immersion Cigs by Rebel
Ivory Car Pack by Dezkit
KSS Hunger and Thirst by KSS, modified by Genesis
PLP Markers by PLP
USA Unifroms Megapack by Niko
Extra RHS Uniform Retextures by War

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Looks great, can't wait for the missions.

• Like 1

So I hopped onto this server yesterday after finding it on Steam Work Shop. 

Very good experience so far and there were a team of guys who were actually playing as a group or team. 

Just wanted to share my comments to other forum members to give it a try.

6 hours ago, Valken said:

So I hopped onto this server yesterday after finding it on Steam Work Shop. 

Very good experience so far and there were a team of guys who were actually playing as a group or team. 

Just wanted to share my comments to other forum members to give it a try.

sounds like fun have you tried the single player aspect

I played for two days with my friend and I just got banned today for apparently stealing the admin's friend's vehicle even though at the time it was unlocked, in the middle of the road, and the owner of the vehicle could not claim it (because we met up and he tried) and that we killed the admin's buddy who the admin said he was AFK and had his gun holstered (he did not have his gun holstered, and yes we killed him because that was the first human player that my friend and I encountered since the server has a very small player base at the moment). The admin then bans us and does not tells us why, calls us trolls on the discord server, and will not let me or my friend even attempt to explain ourselves. The server was very fun however, this ban I feel was very unjust. I recommend, just don't mess with the admin's friends, or else you might get banned. 

56 minutes ago, Jeongyeonmukbang said:

I played for two days with my friend and I just got banned today for apparently stealing the admin's friend's vehicle even though at the time it was unlocked, in the middle of the road, and the owner of the vehicle could not claim it (because we met up and he tried) and that we killed the admin's buddy who the admin said he was AFK and had his gun holstered (he did not have his gun holstered, and yes we killed him because that was the first human player that my friend and I encountered since the server has a very small player base at the moment). The admin then bans us and does not tells us why, calls us trolls on the discord server, and will not let me or my friend even attempt to explain ourselves. The server was very fun however, this ban I feel was very unjust. I recommend, just don't mess with the admin's friends, or else you might get banned. 

NrTy8fw.png

I wasn't on, but this is what my teammate and 3 other players reported. I noticed that a lot of the times when people get banned on servers it's because they were simply being trolls. Banning isn't only for hackers and cheaters; being an annoying person to deal with is also a justified reason. No offense to anyone, but sometimes different levels of maturity or a different sense of humor can come off as blatant disrespect. I while ago I had a group get on and grief everyone and everything; going to restricted areas as civies for the sole purpose of annoying the army, buying vehicles then blowing them up for no reason, etc... then getting genuinely upset when we told them they can get banned for doing so. Also, being a bandit is not an excuse to KOS or harm every single person you come across. We made it clear that this gamemode is meant to be a blend of Life and Survival, and just like in the Life servers, being a criminal is not an excuse for constant hostility. Everyone would know this if they checked the briefing and read all the rules.

I've played on this server when the admin's group is on, went on my own and ZERO problems. In fact, they gave me the keys to their heli for use as well!!! Really friendly.

To the admin, you should install random CCTV and script patrol drones to monitor players.

Since we do that in the "matrix" - real world, it would help to confirm disputes. 

You can put all the funny videos online as Jackazz ARMA TV... Would be hilarious and have  tribal court to clarify or vilify players.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Jeongyeonmukbang said:

Just be very clear. As I love to do my due diligence. I was going to give you both warnings about what you've been accused of, I had 4+ people telling me you've done the same thing. I was about to let you go on your way, even though that would've made the accusers unhappy. But I won't do anything without proof. As I am indeed fair.

Instead of acting like normal human beings, you then proceed to run me over and drive off giggly like some little school girls. Just to clarify, the accusers are not Friends, they are active and long time players of the mod. So this whole notion of "don't mess with the admin and his buddies" is a load of baloney. You are the first people to come on the server and ruin the experience for everybody. You then proceed to ban evade like some life server hoodlums.

Remember, if you only read one rule, like you said you did (the RDM part) and you then break one of the rules you DIDNT read. Expect to be removed. 

• Like 1

One we only killed one civ, two we did not tie up anyone that is completely a lie, and We ran you over because the quad bike's wheel was broken so it turned one way continuous. We even said sorry on voip right after we ran you over, but you didn't say anything back to us so we thought you were afk so we drove off. As soon as we drove off we got banned with the message "nope" and you explained to us on the discord after that we didn't come back to help you even though you don't take damage in safe areas, and you did not let us explain ourselves, just hit us with an immediate ban. And you banned us on discord as well as memed us without letting us even talk. Literally, 20 minutes before the ban we were all talking like we were friends and while we were talking you did not bring up any of these problems to us if you had problems with us why didn't you tell us then? And how would you know we drove off laughing you can't hear us without voip? And how would we tie anyone up, there was no one to tie up because the server only has like 5 players all of whom do not bother each other and we never run into other players unless we are at the fort hope base. And for the stealing bit, that truck that we "stole", the owner of the vehicle said it might have been his vehicle, we immediately gave it back to him, however, he said he could not reclaim due to an unknown bug. We dealt with the issue and he still continues to report us after for the issue we literally just talked to him about and resolved, it he wanted to bring up that we stole it, why did he not tell us straight up? And we don't run around killing civs with an s because we have only killed one civ so you can't you the word "civs" because we only killed jordan a singular civ and we literally admitted to killing jordan to Jordan himself and we had a laugh about it after, and even asked him if we could make our swat team group in the server due to our continued interest in playing on the server. He then reports it to J.Holiday after we laughed about and he seemed perfectly fine with it due to him not saying he had a problem with it to us even though we talked to him for about 20 minutes over voip. We tried to ban evade on the discord so we could talk to you about our situation, but you silenced all my accounts and did not let me talk it out like adults. In conclusion, we really wanted to play on your server, but due to some exaggerated claims and false narratives by your friends who could have said it to our face when we sat down and talked at fort hope for 20 minutes, we got banned and never got to explain ourselves. We apologize if we came across as trolls, but with my 800+ hours on arma 3 I am definitely not a troll, but someone who enjoys playing on unique servers like operation cobalt, arma 3 life, milsims, etc. If you want to talk to us directly you can contact me on discord by messaging me on this forum. Thank You. 

Also, on holiday, when you were pretending to be AFK at the quartermaster, we tried many times over VoIP to call your name while standing next to you, you did not answer, so we got on our quad bike and drove off, but unfortunately, the damaged quad bike swerved and hit you because you were standing right off the front left of our quad bike and it swerved. After we hit you, we said over voip sorry multiple times, you did not answer, so we figured you were still afk and drove off as we were not going to wait there for you to come back because we don't know how long you were going to take, also we were in a safe zone so it did not seem like a big deal. When you said you confronted us, you could of confronted us when we hit you over VoIP but instead you chose to stay quiet because you were "pretending to be afk" for some reason, also what kind of admin pretends to be afk when a player comes up and tries to contact them. Also, you just messaged us on gamechat in game, and immediately after we go to you to try and talk and you sat there "afk" why is it that? You said we did something on gamechat, we try to talk to you directly, but you "pretend to be afk"? 

If I a troll, why the hell would I waste my time, going here and explaining myself just to go back to a server that is horrible for trolling due to the extremely small server population. I could, if I wanted to troll go on a much larger server like warlords and troll there, why the hell would I troll in your server? Why would a troll make several accounts and attempts to contact the admin on discord? I remember I hopped on for the first time on Saturday, and I talked to Jordan he helped learned the basics of the server, and we were about to meet up but I had to go. And when I did come back Monday with my friend, we played on your server for 10+ hours almost all of those hours being just my friend and I hitting up hazardous areas. So, I don't know in god's name why the hell you think we are trolls just based on like 3 interactions with us. I wish I recorded that experience just so I don't have to explain myself here which is flipping ridiculous, but I hope you have some sense and talk to us directly instead of a secondary source. 

Yeah not reading that horrendous novel.

On 12/6/2020 at 4:14 AM, Jeongyeonmukbang said:

I wish I recorded that experience just so I don't have to explain myself here which is flipping ridiculous, but I hope you have some sense and talk to us directly instead of a secondary source. 

Hmm, now being rude. Great way to sway me to speak with you. Your way with words is almost as bad as your ability to read rules. No one asked you to explain yourself here. Merry Christmas by the way.