anfo

[Solved] Custom marker dimensions

Hello

Would like to try making custom markers. I notice some references I've found speak of 32 (pixels?), however, does anybody know whether bigger sizes are allowed by the engine? Say 256 or 512?

1 hour ago, anfo said:

Hello

Would like to try making custom markers. I notice some references I've found speak of 32 (pixels?), however, does anybody know whether bigger sizes are allowed by the engine? Say 256 or 512?

Well you could use drawIcon on map display (12 ctrl 51 as seen on the wiki I guess?).

Cheers

Hi Grumpy
I guess getting off my arse and finding out for myself was the best way. 512 x 512 works, and I'm sure others do too.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, anfo said:

Hi Grumpy
I guess getting off my arse and finding out for myself was the best way. 512 x 512 works, and I'm sure others do too.

Just don't forget to post a solution if you found one, though the example on the wiki should be close enough, heh.

Cheers

2 hours ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Just don't forget to post a solution if you found one, though the example on the wiki should be close enough, heh.

Cheers

Sure, happy to ☺️
Still messing with this myself, but I am attempting to make templates for radio messages as a marker on the map screen. There are a few mods around with dialogues for 9-liners etc, but at least if I make them custom, I can make them exactly how my group needs them.

So credit to this reddit post for getting me started:

1. Create "modFoldername"
2. Add to it paa files. The following example uses files called north.jpg and south.jpg (although I used paa)

3. Add a config.cpp file based on following code guide:

class CfgPatches
 {
class Markers
{
	units[] = {};
	weapons[] = {};
	requiredVersion=1.00;
};
 };

class CfgMarkers
 {
class CivilWarNorth
{
	name="CivilWarNorth";
	icon="\modFolderName\north.jpg";
	color[]={1,1,1,1};
	size=32;				//so far I've been able to load 512^2 paa markers successfully
	shadow = 0;
	scope = 2;
	markerClass = "Flags";
};
class CivilWarSouth
{
	name="CivilWarSouth";
	icon="\modFolderName\south.jpg";
	color[]={1,1,1,1};
	size=32;
	shadow = 0;
	scope = 2;
	markerClass = "Flags";
     };
 };

PBO "modFoldername" and place that inside an Addon folder, which would tghen be placed into an @ folder. That is:

@mymarkermod
---addons

--------modFolderName.pbo

Hopefully that is helpful.

• Like 1