vilas

Vilas addons in A3 w.i.p.

after many years I am returning to Arma :) 

so far I am learning "how to" but at the moment I imported my new models from 2017 (yet not released in Arma2) , first to go is FB GROT rifle (aka "MSBS") so far I am learning differences between Arma2 and Arma3 , but I hope to add some addons - for example to Livonia faction (LDF-Polish mix) , I have (2017, 2018, 2019, 2020) changed some old models (still not released ) but so far few screens:

https://postimg.cc/gallery/1wmtzibhm/

gallery of several dozen screens, probably camo will be changed to fit LDF scheme , those models are totally new (not old 2010-2012 from Arma2)  and many of them have mesures taken from real vehicles or real rifles (match size , match elements) 

I already know how to import weapons and add proxies (scope, bipod, pointer) now I have to add custom pointer (khaki for example) , custom scopes, 

after adding several weapons to LDF infantrymen I will try to port some vehicles, 

some time ago i made my first A3 campaign,  for this campaign i already made addon of police skins (soon will be realeased, police uniforms, blue police, black police, ranger green police, also CTRG uniforms in new shades, woodland-summer and desert)

https://postimg.cc/gallery/18srzm3sa/

due to need of campaign I needed desert CTRG and spring-bright-grass CTRG uniform and new police uniforms and helmets, so campaign will be updated with new uniforms and weapons for Police/Army etc. 

• Like 32
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

It's good to have you back Vilas, i'll be following this closely

Bloody good You're back to A3 🙂 Cheers mate!

Villas #narobocie 😲

Good luck mate, can't wait to see your modelling skills improved after all those years 😝

Welcome back, Vilas! This is great news, your work for previous Arma games has always been among my favorite.

Have been waiting for this day.

Glad to see you back! 🙂

and you said you would never do it 🙂 !!!!

https://postimg.cc/gallery/2k54w078o/ gallery on postimage

I am starting to port , but I have few questions :

- in previous engines weapon was in cfg_weapon, now i see weapons doubled in cfg_vehicles, i suppose it has to be done to make weapon be available as something that can be put on table in mission ?

so far i made :

- slots compatibility (changeable magazine proxy, changeable scope/sight, add bipod, add laser, added new type of sight, added new type of silencer (Rotex III) 

- first import will be weapons because they are quite-ready, few reskins (CTRG, police  - for my campaign that was realeased but with Arma3 vanilla content)

- i still have problems with custom sight configuration (inheritance works but when i change iteminfo parameters than scope cannot be used, simply like rifle has no sight)

Regardin weapons in CfgVehicles - yes, they are here exactly for the reason you said. In fact, it was possible to add editor-placeable guns already in OFP (by WeaponHolder class), but few addons made use of that.

Edit: since those are meant for LDF faction, it might be a funny easter egg to replace FB factory logo with Livonian Sila!