vilas

Vilas addons in A3 w.i.p.

On 8/15/2021 at 10:53 PM, vilas said:

if you do missions - do you need another piece of furniture ?

Having medical stuff like a surgeon operating table with lamps, a hospital bed, foldable gurney, med cabinets, a screen, some x-ray table and screens or posters with medical stuff on them, etc. would be brilliant.
Always wanted to have some medical equipment to populate a field or city hospital. With seating/laying cargo proxies together with ACE it could bring better immersion into a mission, I guess.

Actually, I would like the gun locker for Ravage. I put DayZ there because many people looking for the DayZ experience on ARMA 3 will find it in Ravage, but a whole lot more.

There are only a handful of Ravage servers online. Many are SP, COOP. 

I think we can just make a composition but it would be nice to have a real gun locker for ARMA 3 in general. 

If someone is charging money for a DayZ server, even on ARMA 3, they should pay a % of the fees to the mod developers to support it. But I am not sure what kind of money would be made in terms of monthly income.

• Like 1

surgery table is in modeling, good sugestion

some surgical room equipment will be added, it was really missing

• Like 2

https://i.postimg.cc/KjnHYxYQ/upcoming.jpg

upcoming :

surgery set  (surgery bed, ekg, respirator)

hospital bed

surgery light

bathtube

now i have to find config to make safe (steel cabinet) hold items

plus config for lamp/light 

i think that surgery set can be one unit (with EKG and breath respirator) because in surgery it is used together 

hospital bed will be "stand alone" 

i will add few items more (probably medical) like funny X-ray on wall etc. 

maybe X-ray machine (if i will have more time)

upcoming.jpg

Edited by vilas
  • Like 6

On 8/15/2021 at 10:53 PM, vilas said:

but if in mission people will use safe for weapons - i will do another - like real - vertical not horizontal (the way we have for rifles)

this safe is to place there documents or money or secret papers etc. in missions or simply to be decoration (dead scenery)

bathtube to be done, vertical weapons safe - if you do missions - do you need another piece of furniture ?

I hate to be the one "requesting" something, but if you're in the mood - indeed a gun safe/locker, and maybe a rifle rack and rifle case (pictures are just examples)?

On 8/16/2021 at 9:39 PM, vilas said:

so when you say about DayZ it is for addonmaker from Arma like saying "select all models, push delete button on keyboard, cause someone will take it and monetize it"

For starters there's no DayZ in A3. There are various other "zombie-survival" mods including Ravage by Haleks. And while I don't know him too well he appears as quite a stand-up dude, making stuff for fun because he likes it. Never seen him mentioning anything about monetization, to be honest I'm pretty sure that he himself doesn't host any server.

BI policy for monetization is pretty clear - it's completely forbidden in Arma 2, and in Arma 3 requires permission from BI and/or authors of the mods used. If you know about monetized servers which use your addons without permission, you can act against them in various ways, from contacting BI (on the assumption that these servers couldn't be approved by BI, since they are breaking BI policy) to sending DMCA notice to the server hosting company. Unless your real gripe is not people monetizing servers with your addons, but the fact that you cannot monetize (ie. "sell") addons themselves.

I guess, what I'm really trying to say is that Valken mentioned DayZ as an example of "zombie survival" mod, since not everyone may be familiar with Ravage. And you became literally triggered by the sole mention of DayZ, going on a completely off-topic rant, and almost insulted the good people behind Ravage. I suggest focusing more on the overall meaning of other's posts, and less on finding stuff you can get offended about.

gun case and gun rack - seems okay ideas

i will do it 

on dayz - you forgot what was in 2017 ? several mods were charging 10 $ from each player to start with my hello kitty Smart car or with my guns , formally they were charging for hosting servers

but there were mods who were charging for "starting pack" in dayz mods (not dayz game !) and such starting pack was for example my model of Smart in hello-kitty texture or my AK pack instead of vanila Arma2 AK

it was in 2017 and around that time 

later it was fixed but when i hear word "zombie" i remind myself those situations 

on gun case - such gun case will be just scenery - i mean opened case like on photo and closed 

on gun rack -  is it possible to have it working as proxy holder ? weapons stored and visible as proxies ? 

or simply dead-object (like other boxes)

gallery with upcoming update:

- X-Ray machine (without bed)

- X-Ray oldschool on wall

- surgery lamp

- surgery bed-set (bed, EKG, breath respirator)

- hospital bed

- hospital locker

- kitchen and bathroom furniture

- gun case open and closed 

- safe in variant of weapon setup (not only documents shelves)

Uploading it to 1drive (link as previos) as 0.62 version ,  unit uniforms yet not fixed, but visible objects + tiny change in AA laucher model (1 detail which i seen on real one)

so you can download it after circa 30 minutes from this post 

future update ideas (some of them will be done depending of my free time):

- more furniture for different kinds of gameplay activity/scenery

- production machine (maybe CNC machine)

- shop stuff (weighing instrument, some products to shop)

- gun rack 

- cabinet with books, documents

- medical closet (currently there is small locker, but i think about tall closed with glass doors)

- ammo boxes for safe (decoration), 9mm, .223 (paper boxes)

- i have to find my old model of teddy bear, so than teddy bear will be added

- i had cat figure model, i have to find old funny cat decorative figure

- more house furniture , maybe stylish old cabinet/table 

- icons for already made furniture (there are no custom icons at the moment)

update2.jpg

update3.jpg

• Like 10

next update will contain :

3 more lockers for hospital :

https://i.postimg.cc/Jz6bgDtd/update4.jpg

i will spend more time on surgery machines (i have some more ideas like USG, anesthesia machine etc.)

surgery-set will be more detailed (few machines more around surgery bed)

• Like 4

working on (and backuping to 1drv 😉 but it is still wip): 

update6.jpg

update5.jpg

added:

defibulizer, ekg, usg, anesthesia, suction pump, infusive pump, respirator (separated from surgery bed)

items moved to things>medicine

and weapon case and military bed moved to things>military 

😉

working on on other stuff

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

info about update:
- there will be few production  machines to empty factories on maps (3-4 big machines)

- there will be some forensic stuff for police missions/adventure police/detective missions 

- few shop items (weighing instrument for example)

- and... new furniture... those who recognize sofa... you know.. 

239581931-3001640536784315-4835796457085

• Like 8
  • Haha 7

Hi master Vilas ! :)

Some questions about your older stuff. What happened to the P'85 and ArmA2 content you have created ? Any chance to see them in ArmA3 ? 

And for the last one, Armaholic. Are those content lost or did you backup it for yourself ? 

P.S. i am Vilman, from the old times of ArmA/ArmA2  😁

12 hours ago, vilas said:

info about update:
- there will be few production  machines to empty factories on maps (3-4 big machines)

- there will be some forensic stuff for police missions/adventure police/detective missions 

- few shop items (weighing instrument for example)

- and... new furniture... those who recognize sofa... you know.. 

239581931-3001640536784315-4835796457085

Is that THE "casting" couch?! Cannot wait to see the future "Episodes from Chernarus!"

You need a white or offwhite variation as well! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

update7.jpg

microscope (forensic, medical scenery)

scale (shop, selling drugs)

chemical identifier (spectrometer) for drugs etc (police, forensic scenery)

"the" sofa

in progress : cnc machine, bubble foil production machine, 2 other production machines that i cannot identify but i took photos 

any ideas to equip forensic lab ?

-------------

edit : 15:00 CET - check new version 0.65 from 1drive link as before, items as visible plus CNC machine 

icons do not work - i have no idea why, they are 455*256 pixels JPG but they simply do not work (so i made // before class to disable icons) 

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

Ideas for forensic labs:

UV Lamp for finding chemical and biological trace liquids

plastic bags for holding evidence with a document sheet

A CSI case with stuff inside

Beakers and sample holders

A bunsen burner

Light box on the wall like doctors to blow up forensic pictures

glass cabinets to hold samples

refrigerator industrial for the above. Nice to have a glass window

cleaning station with tools

9 hours ago, vilas said:

any ideas to equip forensic lab ?

enable the alien reticulan body for contact :don11: would be a cherry on top

• Like 1

On 8/23/2021 at 9:41 AM, vilas said:

gun case and gun rack - seems okay ideas

i will do it 

Thank you!

on gun rack -  is it possible to have it working as proxy holder ? weapons stored and visible as proxies ?

I don't think so. Or at least, I'm not aware of such functionality.

For me, I'm perfectly happy with an empty "dead" rack - with 3D editor it's very easy to put up weapon props on things.

On 8/26/2021 at 9:59 AM, vilas said:

"the" sofa

Yeah, this makes the UV lamp a requirement. I wouldn't sit on that sofa before checking it in "black light"!

On 8/26/2021 at 7:01 PM, zukov said:

enable the alien reticulan body for contact

"You were probing us for years, now you get the probe!"

Offtopic:

on dayz - you forgot what was in 2017 ?

(...)

later it was fixed but when i hear word "zombie" i remind myself those situations 

I remember it pretty good. In fact 2017 was when the monetization rules were last updated, so everything I said before stands.

As for your general dislike of everything zombie: that's exactly my point. You're lashing your anger out on wrong people for wrong reasons. To be precise: your previous rant was essentially accusing mod makers (people like you) for the actions of monetized servers admins. When in the timeframe you mention DayZ authors were already busy with other things (and there's no official DayZ mod for A3), while Ravage doesn't even allow monetization.

Your anger is misdirected, and comes off as mean-spirited.

(Also, are you sure that your Hello Kitty Smart car was used by "zombie" mods, and not by one of thousands "life" mods?)

upcoming :

a3ind.jpg

industrial machines for industrial scenes in Livonian empty factories, very lowpoly models to not cause graphic lags (models are extremely low poly so they do not "weigh" for FPS in factory buildings fight scenes)

-CNC

-drill,

-production (bubble foil) 

-production (plastic)

office:

- cabinet with files 

few more items will come to update within few days

light/flash (for UV for police etc)

one more big production machine 

more forensic stuff for police or chemical laboratory glass etc

• Like 16

Vilas,

I can't stress enough how important you are to this game/franchise. Your Addons have made Armed Assault and later Arma II the games that they were, helped countless other modders to fill thier roster, and you always had an open door for suggestions. We missed you sorely in Arma 3, and I can't tell you how happy I am to see you back. And then, you again filled a gap: Nowadays everybody makes beautiful tanks and guns and whatnot (don't get me wrong, I am happy to see all that, but the maps kinda feel empty). And then you create these "everyday items" like kitchen and hospital and factory equipment that add so much to the immersion...Long story short: Thank you 🙂

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

https://i.postimg.cc/vT25hv27/labmore.jpg

new version goes to 1 drive:

- above shown industrial machines

- 4 types of laboratory glass (bottles)

- laboratory big desk 

- spectrophotometer (can be found in forensic lab probably) or in hospital scenery (before i have added scale and microscope, so forensic lab in scenery can be set now easier)

• Like 6

On 8/26/2021 at 9:59 AM, vilas said:

icons do not work - i have no idea why, they are 455*256 pixels JPG but they simply do not work (so i made // before class to disable icons) 

Quite late in the party, but don't know if you solved the issue, so... Icons are supposed to be regular *_ca.paa in 1x2 or 1x1 format (or any other power of 2), e.g. 512x256 or 256x256 pix. Unless you had preview images in mind, than I would check their paths and names than 🙂
Anyway, great work on the furniture sets, thanks!

On 10/8/2021 at 7:56 PM, NightIntruder said:

Quite late in the party, but don't know if you solved the issue, so... Icons are supposed to be regular *_ca.paa in 1x2 or 1x1 format (or any other power of 2), e.g. 512x256 or 256x256 pix. Unless you had preview images in mind, than I would check their paths and names than 🙂
Anyway, great work on the furniture sets, thanks!

i copied BIS 455x.. pixels JPG i thought it must be 455x... JPG as some topics said

They can be that resolution if they are jpg.

But you need to make sure that what ever tool you are packing the addon with copies .jpg directly, without trying to convert it to .paa. Else the images might not be in the compiled .pbo because they're not a valid resolution for conversion to .paa.

Vilas You are the best modder since the time of OFP (when it comes to the Polish army) I am begging you on behalf of a steak of people make a boruska 🙂 and wr-40

On 6/2/2022 at 7:08 PM, lukaszk1987 said:

Vilas You are the best modder since the time of OFP (when it comes to the Polish army) I am begging you on behalf of a steak of people make a boruska 🙂 and wr-40

i have made very big update (and have it on my disc) with WR40, new Biala ZSU23MP, new models of Poprad AA system, Sola, Bystra radars, Star 266, Hibneryt 1, P, 3, Leopard 2PL, Abrams SEP v3 PL, and many others but... i see how much of my content is being sold by pirats (probably from east) on different 3dstocks, my models are often pirated and sold for 99, 89 dollars etc. 

if i  release now , probably next week several eastern pirats will sold it illegally on 3d stocks (stolenc ripped content)

so it stops me from realeasing 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

28 minutes ago, vilas said:

i have made very big update (and have it on my disc) with WR40, new Biala ZSU23MP, new models of Poprad AA system, Sola, Bystra radars, Star 266, Hibneryt 1, P, 3, Leopard 2PL, Abrams SEP v3 PL, and many others but... i see how much of my content is being sold by pirats (probably from east) on different 3dstocks, my models are often pirated and sold for 99, 89 dollars etc. 

if i  release now , probably next week several eastern pirats will sold it illegally on 3d stocks (stolenc ripped content)

so it stops me from realeasing 

to fuck hit those thieves; /; /. I can't wait, even if I would have to wait a year 🙂 your mods are worth it