vilas

Vilas addons in A3 w.i.p.

0.51 on onedrive , changes: groups definition - squads and platoons of LDF added (several)

no changes in vehicles, weapons etc. just new groups and new soldiers in groups

----------------

edit - v. 0.53 on onedrive - changes - added Eotech XPS (there was EXPS from begining, but now XPS is added)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

tiny update 

Grot A2 version models , there was Grot A2 model  previously , now there are 3 of them (without rail plastic accesories just empty hanguard, with plastic heat-guards and small grip, with grip-pod) and in several colors (black, fde, green, camo) also Grot A2 has changed hand grip to A2 version from A1 version 

so simply little more A2 versions of Grot currently produced in real 

no other changes than just 3 models of A2 version and FDE version added 

link the same as above 

• Like 6

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgHn0cDy67fdbtG1BS3hiFNyv-I?e=mZHbgH

the same link as before, small tiny update:

Grot with AR-stock adapter (civilian, sport) , such version is produced in real life, simply adapter to mount AR-15 stocks (added 2 units - Livonian sport-shooters)

more opfor units (from BIS uniforms) added generic OPFOR - RU uniforms, tiger-camo uniforms, CSAT light uniforms (not bullet proof)

fixed few mistakes

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Hey vilas do you remember your Arma 2 PL-01 you started working on in 2014, i never got a chance to see it but was going to ask if you ever plan on adding one? Or porting your mod to steam workshop?

no time for it , sorry, 

it is too much time 

at the moment i am looking to find some time to remake my missions for Arma3 (my counter-contact single player campaign using new formal suits from Art of War pack )

i want to make SP campaign and i have trouble to find time for it, porting all A2 addon would be 1000 hours or more 

• Like 2

Does it mean, u won't make any models etc. to arma 3? That's really sad, but I understand. I loved your mod containing polish police cars... I was counting on convert or sth... Now, In Arma 3 there isn't even 1 polish police car.  Cheers.

On 3/14/2021 at 4:48 PM, Avion de Ligne said:

Does it mean, u won't make any models etc. to arma 3? That's really sad, but I understand. I loved your mod containing polish police cars... I was counting on convert or sth... Now, In Arma 3 there isn't even 1 polish police car.  Cheers.

but there are new models - above linked LDF pack with Polish weapons 

pack contains new models of BMP1, Rosomak, Leopard2 , PT91, 

2 trucks

dozen of rifles, scopes, hanguns 

this LDF pack will be growing - but very slow , now i want to fix my 2019 capaign (Contact2) my version of LDF campaign counter to BIS Contact (player is from LDF)

• Like 5

On 3/22/2021 at 3:30 AM, Adrik Shcherbatyuk said:

Are you doing all of this on your own? You could probably recruit a number of people to assist you in making these wonderful addons! 

only myslelf , it is personal hobby

==========

1 news - the same link as 17th Feb, update 0.56 just went to 1drive

- Grot sport with short barrel (such version is produced and in sell) named Grot S10 in editor

- Grot with heavy barrel as LMG (such version was just prototype, not released, but in game it can be ) named Grot C HB in editor , it uses C-mags in A3 + AI use more auto-fire 

- added totally fictional (after all it is game) 13.5 inch barrel (Grot C14), it is pure fiction but studies show that 13-14 inch barrels in 5.56 are efficient

* note

Grot rifle has generally now "in real" 3 barrels:

- regular army 16 inch, twist 1:7

- civilian 1:9 lenght 16 inch without baoynet mount 

- civilian 10.5 inch 

in Arma there are :

- army 16 inch

- civilian 16 inch (different muzzle device, no bayonet mount)

- army 10 inch (in reality yet not produced ) 

- now i added civilian 10.5 (visually different muzzle device)

- marksman barrerl 20 inch (such version was tested, however not produced yet)

- heavy barrel now added (as said before - tested, not yet produced)

- fictional version of future 13.5 inch barrel without bayonet mount (maybe such thing will appear in real in 2025?)

so 2 new versions of Grot - so far nothing more cause i was trying to make some update to old Arma2 pack (still playing CWR with my A2 so i am fixing some A2 mods, still , i am trying to make "last" update for PL mod in A2 (with models from A3, with new boots issued to army brown ones, with better models of vehicles - which already are in Arma3 )  )

• Like 3

Vilas, you don't even know how happy I am (and probably not only me) that you have returned to modding for aram 3, best regards

As always, thank you for your work Vilas! But I have one question. Now that Armagolic is dead, your great mod Project 85 is no longer available to the community. If you still have his files, could you add him to some other cloud storage? Thank you in advance.

Hi, I have just tried out your mod for ARMA 3 (Jelcz, PT91 etc.) The issue is, I cannot have any other mod turned on. ( Error) It is just my problem, or u're aware of this? Cheers.

Edit: I think, it's incomplatible with CUP.

Edit 2: When I remove other parts of this mod, it's not happening. I suppose, my problem is in vehicles...

8 hours ago, Avion de Ligne said:

The issue is, I cannot have any other mod turned on. ( Error) It is just my problem, or u're aware of this?

Best supply an RPT to show what errors, and other things possibly going on, or you create a guessing game for Vilas.

19 hours ago, Avion de Ligne said:

Hi, I have just tried out your mod for ARMA 3 (Jelcz, PT91 etc.) The issue is, I cannot have any other mod turned on. ( Error) It is just my problem, or u're aware of this? Cheers.

Edit: I think, it's incomplatible with CUP.

Edit 2: When I remove other parts of this mod, it's not happening. I suppose, my problem is in vehicles...

my addon is not compatible with other things than vanila so i do not know how it work with other mods/gameplay changing addons 

i was doing it on vanila game

to work with vanila game

with vanila names, animations

----------

on updates - so far one person offered help to polish my capaing to deliver Contact2 campaign 

collecting blueprints for some new vehicles

so far nothing more to report, due to lack of free time i had no time to import more things from A2 

9 hours ago, vilas said:

my addon is not compatible with other things than vanila

Except, you are not compatible even with vanilla. Due to empty requiredAddons in CfgPatches for both Rosomak and PT-91 configs, your addons are loaded in wrong order, replacing vanilla values. For starters, try this:

requiredAddons[]={"A3_Soft_F","A3_Armor_F","A3_Armor_F_Beta"};

However, I'm not sure if this is all - for example vehicle weapons you're using as a basis are in A3_Weapons_F, so you should check the source of all the base classes you're using.

Edit: matter of fact, since you have several different configs packed in one .pbo, it'd be easier to just create a "main" config.cpp in the root of vil_PL_veh with just CfgPatches looking, for example, like that:

class CfgPatches
{
	class vil_pl_veh
	{
		requiredAddons[]=
		{
			"A3_Soft_F","A3_Armor_F","A3_Armor_F_Beta" //also add the classes for addon containing crew
		};
		requiredVersion=0.1;
		units[]={};
		weapons[]={};
	};
};

And then, in the config files for subsequent vehicles, just follow this example:

class CfgPatches
{
	class vil_jelcz442
	{
      addonRootClass="vil_pl_veh";
      requiredAddons[]={"vil_pl_veh"};
      units[]=
      {
        "vil_jelcz442",
        "il_star266"
      };
      weapons[]={};
      requiredVersion=0.1;
    };
};

Hope that helps.

Edited by krzychuzokecia
  • Like 1

there will be some update:

- fixes above shown by Krzychuzokecia (configs were never my strong side)

- MTLB repair TRI HORS variant (as LDF repair vehicle)

- new desert uniform for LDF (replacing old one - comparision on screen, first from right side of picture is old version which will be replaced by second from the right)

- new "spring" LDF version for LDF Socom units (first from the left side of the picture)

- added combat shirt version of LDF (2nd of left side)

- more classes of Grot and units

- 2 skins of 4x4 Offroad - tan for desert LDF and police (for upcoming mission pack / campaign)

ldfupdate.jpg%C2%A0%C2%A0

https://i.postimg.cc/ZYGmTKGd/ldfupdate.jpg  

• Like 5

0.60 (i hope 0.60 not 0.59 test) on 1 drive - the same link as before from post from 17th Feb

- added those what on screen (2 skins of LDF)

- added WPT vehicle - recovery repair APC (i had no time for reskin so it has Polish camo)

- added reskins police and khaki offroad

- added more furniture for scenes in missions - metal cabinet "safe", metal cabinet open (can put items for mission) , metal cabinet for clothes, military bed ( > furniture > office) 

there are several new furniture to place them into missions 

- screen shows previously added MRE or static rucksacks for missions

- Spike ATGM missle magazine to be put in mission on table etc (can take this as magazine)

- added those "requiredaddons" in _veh addon (i hope now it works, if not, i will fix config when i will know what to add to it)

currently preparing some more missions and fixing old mission pack 

items060.jpg

• Like 8

Thx vilas and krzychuzokecia, this wersion works with any problem (in earlier I must remove Rosomak subaddons) 🙂

3 hours ago, piter306 said:

Thx vilas and krzychuzokecia, this wersion works with any problem (in earlier I must remove Rosomak subaddons) 🙂

i am glad it works

now i am making update - sorry for confusion

i added disable of driver to turn-out 

why ?

i have to model interior - till that moment - in WPT there is disabled turning out option

file is overwritten on 1drv

just one config line "driver force optics true"

+2 furniture more - kitchen locker (80 cm, 85 cm high) and sink (the same size)

for kitchens in missions 😉

11:40 CET, 12:00 CET - file updated !!!

I found small mistake - I have no idea how to fix it, configwise:

- when i place policeman using either BIS gendermerie uniform or my police uniform (for LDF) i have neither name of this uniform in editor nor capacity for magazines:

class vil_LDF_policeman_blu_yellow: vil_LDF_policeman_patrol {
	displayName = "Policeman (high visibility, summer)"; 
	scope = 2; author = "vilas";
	linkedItems[] = {"V_safety_yellow_f","H_Cap_police","ItemMap","ItemCompass","ItemWatch","ItemRadio"};
	_generalMacro = "vil_LDF_policeman_blu_yellow";
	model = "\A3\Characters_F_Exp\Gendarmerie\B_GEN_Soldier_F.p3d";
	uniformClass = "U_B_GEN_Soldier_F";
	editorPreview = "\vil_skins\ui\ico_pol_y_co.paa";
};

as you see - BIS uniform is used

but when i place such policeman - i have zero magazine capacity in this uniform plus such uniform is not named in editor (like he was without)

i used BIS one - not my own to show mistake 

how to fix it ?

winner wins virtual stove and newest Livonian production washing machine (and maybe more furniture or bathroom furniture for cutscenes )

lol.jpg

The only thing that comes to my mind is that your policemen are inheriting from a unit (I_E_Soldier_F) that's using completely different uniform/model, and that somehow making the uniform not work. If that's what happening, then the only solution would be for your units to inherit from the unit which model you're using (so Gendarmerie guy in case of vil_LDF_policeman_blu_yellow, and B_Soldier_03_f in case of vil_LDF_policeman_patrol). Which means you need to add back proper faction and identity values for them too.

It's rather annoying, so maybe someone with better A3 knowledge will still chime in.

BTW: I love the new furniture options, especially since you made them follow the style of vanilla props. However, the safe needs a bit remodelling of the inside - I can barely fit most of the guns there! :D

E8904B8BF79FCA621E8DF31518421B0F29036F49

• Like 5

I will try change inheritances

on safe - it is nof for weapons, but for documents

but if in mission people will use safe for weapons - i will do another - like real - vertical not horizontal (the way we have for rifles)

this safe is to place there documents or money or secret papers etc. in missions or simply to be decoration (dead scenery)

bathtube to be done, vertical weapons safe - if you do missions - do you need another piece of furniture ?

I am looking for inspiration (stove and washing machine done, sink done)

if there is another type of furniture or mission dead (not functioning) object needed - let me know 

1) safe for weapons will be done

2) i should do bathtube

3) ? 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, vilas said:

I will try change inheritances

on safe - it is nof for weapons, but for documents

but if in mission people will use safe for weapons - i will do another - like real - vertical not horizontal (the way we have for rifles)

this safe is to place there documents or money or secret papers etc. in missions or simply to be decoration (dead scenery)

bathtube to be done, vertical weapons safe - if you do missions - do you need another piece of furniture ?

I am looking for inspiration (stove and washing machine done, sink done)

if there is another type of furniture or mission dead (not functioning) object needed - let me know 

1) safe for weapons will be done

2) i should do bathtube

3) ? 

Please make a gun locker! There are gun "racks" but sometimes we need an enclosure that can be opened and locked, for mission making such as a Survivor mode or even Ravage/DayZ type game play to loot or secure our arms.

It can be the same locker, vertical mounting of weapons up to X size, ideally to fit a long rifle or two sizes for carbines and one for long rifles. Just changed the color slightly or keep it the same color. We can tell when we open it. 😄

95ccad017494e4f3976f56293c58bdcd.jpg

Other ideas for working objects model:

Metal gate /heavy door for Amory room that we can "secure". We have issues that FMJ can pierce walls so it should be a door, with a metal texture and related phsyics of light armor vehicles, with a matching wall "plate" that we can secure the amory or safe room.

It can be "blown" opened for example with enough force but should make FMJ ammo not as lethal.

Players can layer on top to increase protection values.

DayZ was worst in A2 community that could happen - players paid for paid servers, some groups made thousands of dollars on servers using and charging for free content made by addonmakers 

so when you say about DayZ it is for addonmaker from Arma like saying "select all models, push delete button on keyboard, cause someone will take it and monetize it"

addonmakers get nothing while some boys  set servers and took money for starting with selected addon , player paid few dollars, 1000 players paid, guys had 6000 usd for my addons while i had in my country 600 usd monthly salary 

so better not say about DayZ (i wish i had 20% of what they charged people for playing with my addons)

• Like 3