vilas

Vilas addons in A3 w.i.p.

1 hour ago, vilas said:

@NightIntruder

i get it to work - the issue was in class viewpilot i viewoptics- i was inheriting base class without definition of own class - thats why it was not working 

@General Yudenich

i have 944 , 1466 on disc but only new exterior - but it requires to make dashboard with all speedometers, simply i have new external model (comparing to Arma2) but i have old interior (which is poor to todays standards)

only 266 (which is realeased from onedrive) is at the moment done, so there is one Star , 266, 

but new Stars like 944 and 1466 - require first to make them dashboard, i do not want to release model with 2017 exterior and 2011 interior mesh 

it require lot of time , so thats why i am importing what i already have and just fix some thing, but most time i want to spend on Aliens Vs Predator mod , AVP addon requires new weapons, new items etc. 

opposite to Arma2 time - Polish Army is not my priority , now i want to make some sci-fi things (Colonial Marines) hoping that others will do Aliens or Predators or other stuff 

i made campaign for LDF and thats why Polish stuff fit it - but i even do not know how many people played it (my version of Contact)

Star 266 it will be quite enough in my opinion. This is most used truck in Polish army.

10 minutes ago, Navalny for president said:

So vehicles for LDF already done and working fine in Arma 3? Do you release it in Steam Workshop with complete LDF faction?(new equipment, weapons etc.) 

no, they are not YET working fine - i am in process of fixing configs, i think how to implement ERA armor to PT91 , i am testing weapons, i must do custom reticles not only use BIS reticle

what is finished is models, now little tweak of textures (those shown in gallery changed, too dark black, to dark red-brown, to bright sand)

what is working - physix so far but they drive 48 km/h max

what i need to do is make them at least 70 km/h

than reticles (optics)

than think about ERA to PT91 and then import Leopard 2 

so it is still work in progress and i will release it via onedrive here and later i will think about other solution 

new weapons - you can play it already as i gave onedrive link, weapons so far have no changes, only now i work on vehicles 

probably i will release reticles "as is" without further balistic measurement - it would need someone to spend dozen of hours to make reticle function (and if ballistic of flight of projectile would be realistic)

so far in Arma3 what is worse than Arma2 - silenced weapons have no change in balistic vs non-silenced while in real it is huge difference (thats why in my weapons pack i included subsonic magazines)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, General Yudenich said:

Star 266 it will be quite enough in my opinion. This is most used truck in Polish army.

you can download it already - link on previous page or on second page - one drive archive - weapons, LDF skins (desert, police) and 2 trucks

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, vilas said:

no, they are not YET working fine - i am in process of fixing configs, i think how to implement ERA armor to PT91 , i am testing weapons, i must do custom reticles not only use BIS reticle

what is finished is models, now little tweak of textures (those shown in gallery changed, too dark black, to dark red-brown, to bright sand)

what is working - physix so far but they drive 48 km/h max

what i need to do is make them at least 70 km/h

than reticles (optics)

than think about ERA to PT91 and then import Leopard 2 

so it is still work in progress and i will release it via onedrive here and later i will think about other solution 

new weapons - you can play it already as i gave onedrive link, weapons so far have no changes, only now i work on vehicles 

probably i will release reticles "as is" without further balistic measurement - it would need someone to spend dozen of hours to make reticle function (and if ballistic of flight of projectile would be realistic)

so far in Arma3 what is worse than Arma2 - silenced weapons have no change in balistic vs non-silenced while in real it is huge difference (thats why in my weapons pack i included subsonic magazines)

Perhaps you could ask RHS guys for some help with ERA armor...

19 hours ago, vilas said:

no, they are not YET working fine - i am in process of fixing configs, i think how to implement ERA armor to PT91

I can give you some pointers on ERA.  And I wouldn't bother answering every "are we there yet" question otherwise you'll be on the forum all day 🙂

i look for someone to help configure weapons / balistics / missiles to addon

in Arma2 it was easy and all was working, here in A3 not only physix is problematic but also weapons configuration

i have serious problem to make missile fly corectly - i spent or rather wasted 2 days on trying to get AT-3 missile on track

either rocket is flying on the bottom of reticle (rectangle from BIS) or missile fly straight in center of screen but not able to steer it 

i look for someone who will:

- make AT-3 fly like it should be (being steerable, following movement of screen), in game it works for Pandur for example but... when i put those weapons on vehicle with other dimensions between optics and launcher than missile as said before - either fly on bottom of screen (tracklead =1 trackoversteer =1) or weapon is in center but completly doesnt obey movement of mouse (tracklead =0, trackoversteer = 0, using different values than 0 gives results like 1, so no matter if it is 0.1 , 0.9, 0.5 - missile hits bottom of screen) AT-3 should fly 115 m/s,

- make canons and machineguns zeroed (i remind - cannons with real values of speed, like canon of BMP1 - which has projectile fly 400 m/s not using BIS sheels 1000 m/s ),

i would rather focus on graphics , cause if i will waste another few days (with no result) on trying to get cannon to shot at given distance in middle of reticle) than i will rather put it back, 

i won't have time to make real reticles - sorry, no time, 

i made vehicles interior/exterior, now i need it configured with BIS reticles - i simply want AT-3 , PG-15 and further weapons configured 

2 days or even 3 days i spent on trying to make BMP1 fire in given position - with no result , 11 or 15 hours wasted, 

to those who do not know real BMP1 = it has two missile launchers , first AT-3 is slow speed guided missile on roof of turret, second is called cannon, but in fact it is like bazooka - it fires rocket grenades like RPG, so it is not class shell, it is RPG, not guided , mid-speed projectile, i used BIS RPG-7 definitions to make ammo for BMP canon but it has really flat trajectory now 😉 not laser-like but flat , when i used shell with slow speed (400 m/s) it behaved like throwing stone (very round trajectory and than zeroing to distances would be crazy) 

so does anyone can do zeroing for vehicle weapons ? 

other weapon used in addon will be Mk44 - 30 mm Bushmaster II 

boom.jpg

it is on small zoom - imagine big zoom - rocket hits below visible screen 

https://pastebin.com/CWFSy6vr  maybe 28th version of config ;( 

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgHn0cDy67fdeJELQxCWCCowtdU?e=7e4d5n configs for vehicles - BMP, PT91, KTO Rosomak 

if someone can help and fix zeroing for weapons to reticles - would be welcome

i have no idea how to fix those weapons - i made real reticle for BMP1 from Russian instruction with real proportions of elements - but doesn't work

the same Rosomak - also reticle is realistic but doesn't match projectile flight in Arma3 

i have no idea how to make some weapons obey sight 

you can test vehicles BMP1, Rosomak basic version, PT91 (Leopard is yet not imported to A3)

so go ahead - but as i said - there are problems with zeroing - i just do not know how to make it proper , in Arma2 it was easier , much easier , weapons were in A2 keeping zero, here i have problem with keeping zero, maybe it is config of pre-defined optics from A3 (different muzzle speed) maybe weapon definition, i have no idea 

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgHn0cDy67fdbtG1BS3hiFNyv-I?e=YtjHoK

beta v 0.39, when zeroing will be fixed  - i can call it 0.40

i imported Arma2 reticle for T72 but i haven't used it in A3 due to above mentioned problem

maybe i should simply make fake optics reticles like triangle symbol (BMP) without reticle from real 

i know many people moan on physix (vehicle movement) maybe it also make problems with projectile trajectory as well 

• Thanks 2

on Arma start i have error

bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/APC_Wheeled_01_base_F/HitPoints/HitHull/: Cannot find base class 'hitHull'

and game dead. By to chuj szczelił.

APC_Wheeled_01_base_F is BIS Patria 

i do not know, maybe from tanks DLC , i do not know but your error reffer to BIS Patria AMV (Marshall name in game)

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/File:B_APC_Wheeled_01_cannon_F.jpg

in my addon there is no even class inheritance from APC_Wheeled_01_base_F but it is class present in tanksDLC (A3\tank\addons\armor_f_tank\) 

i have the same error

10 hours ago, piter306 said:

on Arma start i have error

bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/APC_Wheeled_01_base_F/HitPoints/HitHull/: Cannot find base class 'hitHull'

and game dead. By to chuj szczelił.

i had to remove the vil_PL_veh.pbo for start the game

Vilas you have Tanks DLC? If I delete Tanks DLC next error incoming on start, fck this, thx BIS.

i have 3 DLC:  tanks DLC , Contact, Apex - it was tested by people who had all DLCs and they had no error messages, maybe it is due to DLC

i used icon from DLC ( "picture = "\A3\Armor_F_Tank\AFV_Wheeled_01\Data\UI\AFV_Wheeled_01_cannon.paa";)

maybe there are tank functions that i use which are connected with this DLC , i have no idea, i released config - anyone can take a look what is from tank DLC 

most probably i am using some functions that came with tanks DLC , but which ? i have no idea which function is connected with which DLC 

so now we know it is Tanks DLC - but where is it in config - i have no idea, does normal Arma have compartment lights ? 

maybe weapon or amunition class ? 

maybe gearbox or parameter of engine ? 

i havent yet prepared ERA armor for PT91 which is probably connected with Tanks DLC

basic crew for me is LDF - so for sure i am using Contact things, also i use Apex things  so i was making it on 3 DLCs (Livonia must have, Apex (Tanoa) and Tanks) 

Tanks DLC gives a different hitpoint to the models (for all and in the platform) i thinks is about of the cage anti RPG

If only I didn't have these DLCs, well my loss, but I have. In the crash report he says that it is not known why it does not work (we do not have your coat and what you will do to us :)). I don't care about this game as I do on PT-91, as it won't help tomorrow I will reinstall this shit and those 200 Gb addons.

This could be a problem:

faction = "IND_E_F";

I am not finding that in the AIO config; possible this is referencing a DLC faction?  I haven't looked for this yet online...

Also, there are many inheritances that are not necessary.  For example:

Spoiler

class Car;
    class Car_F: Car
    {
        class HitPoints;
        class Turrets;
    };
    class Truck_F: Car_F
    {
        unitInfoType = "RscUnitInfoNoWeapon";
        class HitPoints: HitPoints
        {
            class HitRGlass;
            class HitLGlass;
            class HitGlass1;
            class HitGlass2;
            class HitGlass3;
            class HitGlass4;
            class HitGlass5;
            class HitBody;
            class HitFuel;
            class HitLFWheel;
            class HitLBWheel;
            class HitLMWheel;
            class HitLF2Wheel;
            class HitRFWheel;
            class HitRBWheel;
            class HitRMWheel;
            class HitRF2Wheel;
            class HitEngine;
        };
        class EventHandlers;
        class AnimationSources;
        class Turrets: Turrets
        {
            class MainTurret;
            class ViewGunner;
        };
        class ViewPilot;
    };
    class vil_truck_base: Truck_F
    {...

None of that is necessary and a waste of your time.  You can just as easily define it as such:
class Truck_F;

class vil_truck_base: Truck_F {...

... then add the definitions that are necessary for your specific vehicles.  You can look in the in-game config viewer and see what is inherited from the root classes.  Things like hitpoints, etc. are inherited above Truck_F (from Car_F) and so when you specifically add them into the config, you are telling the game to load classes that don't exist, since they aren't specifically defined within those classes (e.g. a hitpoint in truckF).  So you can just leave the hitpoints as-is, or just define your own set of hitpoints.  This is ideal, because who knows what other mods etc. will do to those root classes, so by defining your hitpoints specifically for your vehicle, you can be sure your mod will still work like you expect.  Or just leave them out... most vehicles can use the "default" hitpoint selections from car_f anyway...

Same for this, which is probably where it is crashing - you're telling the game to define "hithull" within class "tank_F", and now since it is a Parent for many other vehicles, all others are going to be missing that and generate errors.

Spoiler

class LandVehicle;
    class Tank: LandVehicle
    {
        class NewTurret;
        class Sounds;
        class HitPoints;
    };
    class Tank_F: Tank
    {
        class Turrets
        {
            class MainTurret: NewTurret
            {
                class Turrets
                {
                    class CommanderOptics;
                };
            };
        };
        class AnimationSources;
        class ViewPilot;
        class ViewOptics;
        class ViewCargo;
        class HeadLimits;
        class HitPoints: HitPoints
        {
            class HitHull;
            class HitEngine;
            class HitLTrack;
            class HitRTrack;
        };
        class Sounds: Sounds
        {
            class Engine;
            class Movement;
        };
    };
    class vil_PT91_base: Tank_F
    {

You really don't need any of that and as I posted above, it is better to make your own definitions unless you want to "borrow" from the root configs.

So this could (should?) work, and still have all the game behaviors you want:

class Tank_F;
	class vil_PT91_base: Tank_F
	{...

The only tricks may be to defining your own custom turret, instead of inheriting "mainturret" from a root config.  I find it easier to define all the turrets one time at my own "root" - for example "class vilas_tank_root" and set it how I want it.

faction = "IND_E_F"; - LDF Livonians 

i used inheritances from Arma BIS addons from main root (armor_f , armor_beta etc)

Finally, I would combine all those configs into one, and have pointers in the "model" config pointing to the "real" config.  This separates the config from the model, and significantly improves development time.  Your "model" config can be like this:

class CfgPatches {
	class pook_skymaster {
		units[] = {};
		weapons[] = {};
		magazines[] = {};
		requiredVersion = 0.1;
		requiredAddons[] = {"pook_O2A"};
	};

};

So now, whenever I edit "pook_Skymaster", it is only necessary to edit for model changes.  The "pook_O2A" config has all the "config" stuff within it.  It saves time and effort!  😄

if you have free time - please produce such config, at the moment i rather do M41A Pulserifle 😉

3 minutes ago, vilas said:

faction = "IND_E_F"; - LDF Livonians 

OK.  That makes sense 🙂    There is definitely something referencing DLC content... I am getting the "purchase this DLC" prompt as I do not own the Contact DLC.  This will limit the mod's ability to be used by others in MP, etc. so ideally whatever is inheriting from a Contact DLC class should be altered to inherit from a base class to keep this from happening.

Unfortunately I have to work on my basement remodel project some more.  I'm trying to find things to distract me but unfortunately I am running out of excuses --- that drywall isn't going to hang itself.  LOL

my mod is generally about LDF and Livonians - i made it for my own version of Contact campaign , so it is dedicated to LDF not PL 😉 

so it is for Livonia 

but i think that without Contact Livonian soldiers are available in vanila ? or not? 

for me Livonia is basic map to play anything

-------

i have no other addons - information, i have only my addon, 3 DLC , so i have no mods that could change vanila definitions

have you guys with problems tested it on VANILA bis game without other addons ? 

i asume you have Contact (as i said this is LDF army not Polish) and Apex and Tanks?

• Like 3

I started to manually add components to vil_veh_pl.pbo using PBO manager, starting with cars, icons, tanks. And it works, my problem is Rosomak, but I don't need it for happiness. Maybe the next version will work for me. Many thanks for PT-91 🙂

1 hour ago, piter306 said:

I started to manually add components to vil_veh_pl.pbo using PBO manager, starting with cars, icons, tanks. And it works, my problem is Rosomak, but I don't need it for happiness. Maybe the next version will work for me. Many thanks for PT-91 🙂

what is the error message for Rosomak ? 

------------

under the same link - i put new version - icons, changed interior of BMP1 a little, Rosomak commander view changed (now can look around), a little changed AT3 flight

Still the same error if i have kto subaddon, on new version too, without run fine. I reinstall Arma today and nothing, maybe may version is "special" haha or its Windows problem, fck this. Configs is black magic to me, impossible yo help you with gunsight problem, maybe save time using T-100 Varsuk sight at this moment?

people tested it in RACS mod team testers and none of them had bug, testers checked it (testers have RACS mod, RHS and it works fine for them)

anyone tested it without bug here ? 

@Navalny for president  does it work for you ?