vilas

Vilas addons in A3 w.i.p.

wtf.jpg 

anyone knows what has happened ?

yesterday i had update of tools and steam udated something (i hate steam cause it makes update when it wants - not when i want)

and ... 

i have no working buldozer after it, simply, textures do not show, cannot make addons, anyone knows ?

since that update i simply do not have textures visible 

edit:

i was talking with another addon maker (famous one 😉 ) and his buldozer also doesnt work after physix update that steam made

• Sad 2

After completing dat cool M577 you start work on Polish vehicles for Livonian forces? Trucks will be first? Also interisting what tanks and IFV will be used by Livonian Forces except Leo 2A6, Anders and Rosomak.🤔

3 hours ago, Navalny for president said:

After completing dat cool M577 you start work on Polish vehicles for Livonian forces? Trucks will be first? Also interisting what tanks and IFV will be used by Livonian Forces except Leo 2A6, Anders and Rosomak.🤔

importing PT91, importing BMP1, Leopard 2A4&5

i can import them even when bulldozer is not working - i have models made in 2018 (never released in Arma2, those in Arma2 were 2011-2014)

only thing that i should do is LDF camo - without working buldozer it is problem cause i have models but i cannot check textures in oxygen 

i chated with another addonmaker - he has the same problem, also buldozer doesnt work for him after last steam update of tools , so far i know about one person known in modding comunity which has the same problem 

• Like 3

Please give also versions in Polish camouflage of your tanks etc, if it's not a big problem of course 🙂
Star and Jelon are cool, they could be a supply version. And in my opinion they have acceleration and brakes for good, but it can be the fault of physics in Arma. And since the OFP times no truck has had "good" sound. Thanks a lot.

• Like 1

I never had Arma 2 but I ubderstand that  there was the ZPU 2 /ZPU 4 heavy machine gun. Could you import it or even better, model one? Your work it s amazing. Thanks a lot for it.

3 hours ago, Texeiro said:

I never had Arma 2 but I ubderstand that  there was the ZPU 2 /ZPU 4 heavy machine gun. Could you import it or even better, model one? Your work it s amazing. Thanks a lot for it.

There was no ZPU in any arma games before. I think the only ZPU available for Arma is in the Unsung mod.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/Wh2cpFb

so far in Polish camo but will be in LDF camo 

also i found that there is difference - i cannot get driver get in tank, i have no option to get in - difference between A2 and A3? 

i do not understand why , cause i have all that necessary - memory points, proxy 

• Like 3

There WAS a ZPU-4 back in ArmA2 in a mod. I remember it was a static one, not vehicle-mounted. I cant really remember the name of the mod but it was a Middle-eastern located stuff. Maybe iraqi ?

Well, not a middle-eastern stuff but i found it for ArmA2 : OA - Balkan War Mod.

Theres a static ZPU-4. You can see it in the Armaholic downloads site :

Here !    :grinning:  

18 hours ago, vilas said:

https://postimg.cc/gallery/Wh2cpFb

so far in Polish camo but will be in LDF camo 

also i found that there is difference - i cannot get driver get in tank, i have no option to get in - difference between A2 and A3? 

i do not understand why , cause i have all that necessary - memory points, proxy  

Hi Vilas. In Arma 3 Sample its present already a sample of T-72 with config, i use this sample for make my C1 ariete and T-72 works, anyway look in your config this:

driverAction="JK_Ariete_DriverOut"; your name for animation
        driverInAction="JK_Ariete_Driver";  your name for animation
        memoryPointsGetInDriver="pos driver"; memory point pos
        memoryPointsGetInDriverDir="pos driver dir"; memory point dir

Let my know it's helped 😉

i see how much differences are between Arma2 and Arma3, 

finally i fixed driver and made tanks to go faster than 5 km/h (using BIS example tank caused it's speed circa 5-9 km/h but i changed physix and finally those vehicles drive faster than walking human):

https://postimg.cc/gallery/kWvqRsz

PT91 and BMP1, so far:

- driving, not capsizing, physix set that they can drive max ca. 50 km/h safely without problems  

- shooting, muzzle smoke from proper barrel (difference A2 vs A3)

- BMP has turret reflector

- BMP has interior periscopes vision (redered cameras) and new interior

- models are new, proper in dimensions (measured from real vehicle)

- so far fictional camo applied, LDF camo is a lot of work (matching elements to fit pixel to pixel on every UV element) , at those screens fictional camo , Polish-pattern camo but in 3 of 4 LDF colors , total fiction (i had them in PL camo but changed colors to LDF (3 of 4))

- structure of fire-geometry made from plates  (the same applied to Alien APC M577)

in Arma2 i made AT3 which disappears after every shot and re-appearing after reload and empty when empty - i have to import that to Arma3 to tell that BMP1 works like it should 

as i see Arma3 has something similar to "ERA" armor, i have to apply it to this PT91

• Like 5

Good luck man! I hope you make friends with ARMA 3 and successfully release your add-on! Until now we do not have a proper mod of the modern Polish army. Some man tried to make his addon and has already released the Polish BRDM "Zbik" and Polish Humvee "Tumak" with some equipment, but it has long been missing...

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Navalny for president said:

Good luck man! I hope you make friends with ARMA 3 and successfully release your add-on! Until now we do not have a proper mod of the modern Polish army. Some man tried to make his addon and has already released the Polish BRDM "Zbik" and Polish Humvee "Tumak" with some equipment, but it has long been missing...

at the moment to be honest i rather do Livonian Army (can be similar to Polish) but not striclty Polish one

i will add Rosomak and Zbik, 9P133 etc. but in this fictional Livonian camo (i mean Polish camo but in Livonian colors) cause LDF triangle camo is pain in the neck to fix pixel conection on every shape (many hours to make camo matching)

so probably i will stay with fictional camo (Polish camo has 2 variants - 3 colors - green, red-brown, black or post 2014 - grey-green , dark-earth, dark grey) i will do it in 3 of 4 LDF (green, khaki, black) without sand , maybe later it will be changed to Polish 1, Polish 2, LDF 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Navalny for president said:

Just interisting. Poland army still use Twardy? Even with Leopards 2? Because maintainability and cheapness i suppose?🤔

many armies still use even T72

PT 91 is not that old tank - it was produced 11 years ago for export (for country 20 years ago), so for tank it is not old , it still used ,

---------------------

i have questions (for Alien moding):

- anyone knows - MFD and ammocount is possible on rifle (it is possible in vehicles, i know)

- anyone knows  how to make render screens obey vision mode, i have them all in VIS  , while i want them to change mode by N (vis, NVG, FLIR) , how to do it ?

- i am trying to add radar to commander screen for Alien APC 

also i found some interesting for me Alien APC concepts - other turret or other Alien APC vehicle or i like look of Red-Faction jeep/suv 

i think that AVP mod will be developed much more 😉

anyone knows ? 

i want mirror to be changing vision mode day vision, night vision, thermal   ( renderVisionMode = 0; is vis, how to make display to change vision in vehicle when i push N on keyboard)

is it possible to change it also by menu (tactical commander post in APC)

• Like 4

Sorry I was out of touch - I got called in to work so had to drop what I was doing and drive in... mask in hand.

I meant to reply to your questions.  The render screens for optics can be altered so that you can have the normal, NVG, and thermal modes for any optic, whether it is on a rifle or in a vehicle.

ALSO - there is a new feature that lets you combine radios into helmets, so you can use the helmet radios without a separate radio in inventory.  I intend to make that addition for the USCM helmets. 

About the NVG "sight" on the helmets - I think that would have to be an NVG goggle that is just in the shape of the flip-down sight, and it can be 3D modeled to appear to be "up" in the helmet when not in use.  I'll have to revisit that as I'm not sure where I left off with that.  I suppose it could also be a thermal sight since they did say in the movie that "they don't show up on infrared". 🙂

About the radar screen - the game UI has that and I can add that too... it is added under "Class Components" in the commander's turret config.  It will be on the UI, same as with pilots.  You can do different things with the PIP interfaces as well, so they can see in thermal mode or NVG.  You could have a PIP for "normal", a PIP for "NVG" and a PIP for thermals.

On 4/28/2020 at 4:39 PM, vilas said:

many armies still use even T72

PT 91 is not that old tank - it was produced 11 years ago for export (for country 20 years ago), so for tank it is not old , it still used ,

---------------------

i have questions (for Alien moding):

- anyone knows - MFD and ammocount is possible on rifle (it is possible in vehicles, i know)

- anyone knows  how to make render screens obey vision mode, i have them all in VIS  , while i want them to change mode by N (vis, NVG, FLIR) , how to do it ?

- i am trying to add radar to commander screen for Alien APC 

also i found some interesting for me Alien APC concepts - other turret or other Alien APC vehicle or i like look of Red-Faction jeep/suv 

i think that AVP mod will be developed much more 😉

anyone knows ? 

i want mirror to be changing vision mode day vision, night vision, thermal   ( renderVisionMode = 0; is vis, how to make display to change vision in vehicle when i push N on keyboard)

is it possible to change it also by menu (tactical commander post in APC)

Yes PT-91 is great warmachine! In my opinion he is much better than russian T-72B3.

I defenetly will follow legendary Vilas in this thread!😎 It's great that the Creator of the legendary Project 85 has returned to ARMA 3! Good luck with PhysX man, there are no special problems on the ARMA 3 engine except PhysX...😅 A huge number of familiar modmakers abandoned their projects after failures with this...

https://postimg.cc/gallery/n976mYX

upcoming - just fixing configs and such like  LDF camo and remaining PL textures

new interior of Rosomak and BMP1

also APC in several colors (later will be new models of  AVP weapons) 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, vilas said:

https://postimg.cc/gallery/n976mYX

upcoming - just fixing configs and such like  LDF camo and remaining PL textures

new interior of Rosomak and BMP1

also APC in several colors (later will be new models of  AVP weapons) 

There will be Star trucks along with Jelcz?

Regarding different modes of R2T screens:

class RenderTargets
 		{
 			class LeftMirror
 			{
 				renderTarget = "rendertarget0";
 				class CameraView1
 				{
 					pointPosition		= "PIP0_pos";
 					pointDirection		= "PIP0_dir";
 					renderQuality 		= 2;
 					renderVisionMode 	= 0; 
 					fov 			= 0.7;
 				}; 			
 				BBoxes[]	= {PIP0_TopLeft,PIP0_TopRight,PIP0_BottomLeft,PIP0_BottomRight};
 			};			
 		};

The renderVisionMode defines the vision mode:
 0 = HDR,

1 = NightVision,

2 = ThermalVision,

3 = Color,

4 = Mirror

Perhaps they can be combined, like:  renderVisionMode = 0 + 1 + 2;   ? Never tried that. 

@NightIntruder

i get it to work - the issue was in class viewpilot i viewoptics- i was inheriting base class without definition of own class - thats why it was not working 

@General Yudenich

i have 944 , 1466 on disc but only new exterior - but it requires to make dashboard with all speedometers, simply i have new external model (comparing to Arma2) but i have old interior (which is poor to todays standards)

only 266 (which is realeased from onedrive) is at the moment done, so there is one Star , 266, 

but new Stars like 944 and 1466 - require first to make them dashboard, i do not want to release model with 2017 exterior and 2011 interior mesh 

it require lot of time , so thats why i am importing what i already have and just fix some thing, but most time i want to spend on Aliens Vs Predator mod , AVP addon requires new weapons, new items etc. 

opposite to Arma2 time - Polish Army is not my priority , now i want to make some sci-fi things (Colonial Marines) hoping that others will do Aliens or Predators or other stuff 

i made campaign for LDF and thats why Polish stuff fit it - but i even do not know how many people played it (my version of Contact)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vilas said:

@NightIntruder

i get it to work - the issue was in class viewpilot i viewoptics- i was inheriting base class without definition of own class - thats why it was not working 

@General Yudenich

i have 944 , 1466 on disc but only new exterior - but it requires to make dashboard with all speedometers, simply i have new external model (comparing to Arma2) but i have old interior (which is poor to todays standards)

only 266 (which is realeased from onedrive) is at the moment done, so there is one Star , 266, 

but new Stars like 944 and 1466 - require first to make them dashboard, i do not want to release model with 2017 exterior and 2011 interior mesh 

it require lot of time , so thats why i am importing what i already have and just fix some thing, but most time i want to spend on Aliens Vs Predator mod , AVP addon requires new weapons, new items etc. 

opposite to Arma2 time - Polish Army is not my priority , now i want to make some sci-fi things (Colonial Marines) hoping that others will do Aliens or Predators or other stuff 

i made campaign for LDF and thats why Polish stuff fit it - but i even do not know how many people played it (my version of Contact)

So vehicles for LDF already done and working fine in Arma 3? Do you release it in Steam Workshop with complete LDF faction?(new equipment, weapons etc.)