Sign in to follow this  
Ben Benj

Does the ECPMod modify the AI ?

Hello there !

after many years I 've finished one more time this game, and it's still a masterpiece.

But now I'd like to restart the game with the ECP Mod (I'm sure you know it, it modifies the whole game)

Mod is installed and runs great, except one point :

I noticed a major modification of the AI, in a weird way.
My teammates (and the enemies too), can spot each other at a very-very long range, like 1000 miles away, and so it triggers some behaviors that shouldn't be triggered.
Example : the 2nd mission on Everon. You start in a truck, and you have to seize a village on the other side of the hill... When you start you just cannot spot anything as long as you haven't reached the top of the hill... However, my teammates are able to spot the vehicles (through the ground/hill ?)... they spot a BMP and T72, and these tanks also spot my allies (we have a M1A1 and M60 as support). Then the squad leader sends the command "Danger", they all "go prone" you know .... So we have to reach the village with these orders, and it takes aaaaaaaages to get to that village. In the meantime, my teammates spot the T80 that are supposed to counter-attack at the end of the mission, triggering them and leading them right into my face...

So I feel like the AI can spot through the terrain. They can spot vehicles that we shouldn't spot when we are on feet... but only in a chopper or a jet...
Does anyone know that "bug" here  ? (I call that a bug because the mission are completely different compared to the original game)
and is there a way to change that ?

ps : sorry for my english if I did some mistakes

edit : looks like this topic should be in the Mods sub-forum, sorry my bad !

Hello, Welcome to BI Forums!
Been a while since i last played, but back in the day i did also play with ECP, there is a wiki page for it, it lists everything thats in the mod

and what each thing does, that should answer any questions you may have of it.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Enhanced_Configuration_Project

Cheers!

On 2/9/2020 at 12:43 PM, Ben Benj said:

So I feel like the AI can spot through the terrain.

That's not true, however people often forget that AI can also hear vehicles and other infantry units. I guess that in case of ECP both AI sensitivity (including hearing) and their loudness is enhanced.

Additionally ECP (just like many other mods) introduces scripted sharing of information between AI units. I'm not sure how it exactly works in ECP, but it's possible that some unit close to the enemy may see it, and then shares this information with all the allies, ending in weird behaviour even for units far from the threat.

it's possible that some unit close to the enemy may see it, and then shares this information with all the allies, ending in weird behaviour even for units far from the threat.

ok guys thanks for your answers, indeed the AI must act like this for sure !