Sign in to follow this  
combataz

Altitude Restrictions (and punishments)

Hey all. I'm working on a mission right now where I want to impose an altitude restriction to channel two helicopters through some valleys. There are multiple AA assets above the route they'll be taking, and enableSimulation is set to false. I have two triggers, both repeatable enabling and disabling the AI at altitudes, however I'm not 100% sure what the relationship between the trigger's Z position and the C size. It didn't seem like I was able to stack them on top of each other. So, I guess my questions are how C and Z relate, if its possible to break (radar) missile lock via trigger, and if there's a way to have a radar weapon target, but not fire.

I want the people I play with to suffer.

If the command will interact on two aircraft, then you can use the command below.

Enter the name of your vehicle and at the end, the height value that will be the limit.

In COND of trigger

getPos NEMEVEHICLE select 2 < 300; // Here the maximum height is 300m, above that height the command is active

You can create two triggers and put them in repeat mode.

In a trigger you make it send the message determined the time for the driver to decrease the altitude.

And on the other trigger you limit the time for counting the trigger's permanence, and place the punishment.

• Like 1

On 2/6/2020 at 11:17 PM, combataz said:

I'm not 100% sure what the relationship between the trigger's Z position and the C size.

C = vertical distance from trigger center to the top and bottom of the trigger volume. 

Z = the height of the trigger center above something (not sure but it's probably AGL a.k.a. above the surface below it)

To stack triggers vertically is the same as stacking along the horizontal axis.

Assuming:

Cx = center of trigger x

sx = size of trigger x in the given axis 

Then just make sure that C1 and C2 are s1+s2 distance apart. 

• Like 1