napalm161

I/o error Wrong MDL version

Hi, I am trying to make a helmet model for arma 3 with some stuff hanging off it.

I can add the head template fine, but when I try to add the helmet p3d file to it, it said "I/O error wrong MDL version"

Both are P3d files but I am unable for some reason to import the second one.

As a matter of fact I am unable to add any p3d file that is not in the sample tool from arma 3.

This belongs to the Editor section of the forums.

You will need to describe your process bit more clearly for anyone to be able to help you.

Where do you add the head template? What helmet p3d are you trying to add that makes the error?

Arma 3 models from the game data can not be edited (or from any mod either) as the files are binarized when they are packed into the game and that makes them unopenable.

All new models need to be created from scratch.

Oh...So i can't use original helmets from the game itself and change them into something different?

I guess that explains all the problems I was having......thanks

About that head template, there is a tool for arma 3 called arma 3 samples...this contains some p3d models...including a head.

But is there really no possibillity of me using and changing the p3d files from the original game itself?

Sorry about posting this in the wrong section

Not possible.

That would be breaking of the game EULA and will result in a BI platform wide ban.

All custom content needs to be made from scratch