Sign in to follow this  
Wonder_Bra

[Criticism] Arma 3 shouldnt exist?!

This game is compared to A1 & A2 a joke ?!

In my opinion, yes unfortunately it is a joke.

Everywhere placeholder (cockpit of the Mi-48, drones, boats, Zamaks everywhere, static weapons, and so on ........ 🤮).

Worst performance of all tme in a Arma game.

AI feels like copy pasted of A2.

Physix is now worse than A2.

Dumb renewals like diving for extra bad performance guaranteed.

Weapons wich noone likes (except COD ppl).

Reused content of A2.

And the modding community feels like theyre all except RHS and some other little kids wich play the whole day Altis Life

And so on ....

Ouh, and 👇

maxresdefault.jpg

Thats my opinion, whats yours?

• Confused 7

I like Arma 3. I've like all the Arma games. What's the point of this rant anyway? Seems fairly misguided.

• Like 4

I too am not seeing the point here. Is there a discussion here or just a rant? If it's a rant, you can do that somewhere else, not on this forum. 

• Like 3

I didn't touch A2 since A3. If you feel opposite, just stick to A2 - problem solved. 

• Like 3

Contrary to popular belief, all opinions are not equally valid.

• Like 3

If we’re giving opinions on what’s a joke, I have some posts that are coming to mind.....

I thought Arma 2 was awesome. Had so many incredible experiences playing it.

Haven’t played Arma 2 beyond a nostalgic twenty minute stint since Arma 3 came out of beta.

• Like 3

Going back to A2 is like taking back your ex while she had 2 new kids, but you are so in love...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

After careful consideration of the OP's arguments I can only come to one conclusion as to the origins of his misgivings about the game. Jana, his cool girlfriend, invited him online for a cooperative mission in Arma 3, but when he joined the game there was nothing but scripted white smoke grenades forming a text indicating she broke up with him. He recoiled from this shocking message, inadvertently shoving his Thrustmaster Warthog flight control stick off the desk, falling on the floor, crushing his hamster.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

There have been improvements. For example the Eden Editor, ability to change vests, headgear and such. The weapons feel and sound better than in previous titles. The animation system has been slightly improved and you can actually walk down stairs without dying. I don't care about the future setting, neither I do care about aliens (and if I did, there probably would be much better games to interact with them), but thanks to the modding community the present day military conflicts are also represented. With mods you can turn it into improved version of Arma II (minus the performance). There are many small but neat additions that enhance the experience, such as idle loops for various activities, ability to add ground decals and so on. 

That said, it has been almost 20 years since the Operation Flashpoint was released, but the franchise still shares many of the same issues: terrible animation engine, command system (voice acting included) and the AI's inability to drive on roads without crashing. Overall the artificial intelligence would be actually pretty good, but it kinda ruins immersion when they have sudden spasms and their head goes into an owl mode, not to mention the muzzle discipline – they will happily point the barrels at each other faces. Then again if you have the ability to walk through your comrades it probably decreases their perceived value...

At this point I'm not really sure what to expect from the next Arma, because I'm not sure if we'll see improvements on those aspects. I have been waiting since the Operation Flashpoint, so I don't think I'm being too impatient or ungrateful in that regard. I love Bohemia and appreciate all the effort the developers put in their products, but at the same time as a customer you tend to spend money on things that fit to your needs and preferences, and I'm not sure if the franchise does that for me anymore. All I ever wanted was an immersive military sandbox (with a single-player), where you could experience combined arms operations on a modern battlefield and use real life tactics, logic and equipment to overcome the challenges, but after the success of DayZ it seems the focus started to shift to different concepts.

However, I think more human like voice acting and animations, the addition of muzzle discipline and some kind of non-dynamic system to make AI stick to roads and obey traffic laws when in safe mode would greatly decrease the amount of cases when the suspension of disbelief is broken. There might not be need for overly complex solutions to improve the artificial intelligence. They can already function as an unit, use tactics and find their path on most environments. It might be better to focus on the illusion of intelligence. 

• Like 2

🤣🤣this posts make me laugh, i'm always raged with BI because doesn't want more sell the game, there are some many ways to improve, extend the gameplay etc. This game easily could sell for ten years. but some people rant for old stuff..... I just me that remember the orrible performance for arma 2,  reload animation like a dream?  always on knee without reason? the new amsterdam studio has delivered beautiful contents Contact and Tanoa are masterpieces, either LoW dlc has the Van that unexpectedly useful (the ambulance is fantastic).

• Like 5

17 hours ago, Tiuhtukkainen said:

There have been improvements. For example the Eden Editor, ability to change vests, headgear and such. The weapons feel and sound better than in previous titles. The animation system has been slightly improved and you can actually walk down stairs without dying. I don't care about the future setting, neither I do care about aliens (and if I did, there probably would be much better games to interact with them), but thanks to the modding community the present day military conflicts are also represented. With mods you can turn it into improved version of Arma II (minus the performance). There are many small but neat additions that enhance the experience, such as idle loops for various activities, ability to add ground decals and so on. 

That said, it has been almost 20 years since the Operation Flashpoint was released, but the franchise still shares many of the same issues: terrible animation engine, command system (voice acting included) and the AI's inability to drive on roads without crashing. Overall the artificial intelligence would be actually pretty good, but it kinda ruins immersion when they have sudden spasms and their head goes into an owl mode, not to mention the muzzle discipline – they will happily point the barrels at each other faces. Then again if you have the ability to walk through your comrades it probably decreases their perceived value...

At this point I'm not really sure what to expect from the next Arma, because I'm not sure if we'll see improvements on those aspects. I have been waiting since the Operation Flashpoint, so I don't think I'm being too impatient or ungrateful in that regard. I love Bohemia and appreciate all the effort the developers put in their products, but at the same time as a customer you tend to spend money on things that fit to your needs and preferences, and I'm not sure if the franchise does that for me anymore. All I ever wanted was an immersive military sandbox (with a single-player), where you could experience combined arms operations on a modern battlefield and use real life tactics, logic and equipment to overcome the challenges, but after the success of DayZ it seems the focus started to shift to different concepts.

However, I think more human like voice acting and animations, the addition of muzzle discipline and some kind of non-dynamic system to make AI stick to roads and obey traffic laws when in safe mode would greatly decrease the amount of cases when the suspension of disbelief is broken. There might not be need for overly complex solutions to improve the artificial intelligence. They can already function as an unit, use tactics and find their path on most environments. It might be better to focus on the illusion of intelligence. 

Unfortunately the single answer wich i can take seriously, but its my own fault, they warned me 🤪

I can share some points like the modular char and weapons design but are points like this really so important?!

I mean there was a guy wich made some scripts wich allows to change the clothings trought the action menu, so how i think it shouldnt be impossible to make a mod wich implement in A2 a inventar/gear menu wich completet the whole thematic.

In terms of 3den there is still a 3d editor for A2 wich you can reach under your main menu and then press alt + e, it need a mission file converter but is still by far better than just this 2d editor and has the same core options like 3den.

Yep, i also loving Arma for its military sandbox design but to be honest A3 destroyed it completely, i visited many servers and looked for servers with combined arms and i just found some completely empty domination servers, some times i think the most of the Arma comm changed completely 😕

I mean the most visited servers are inf only, pilot slots exist just to taxi ppl from A to B wich is redicoulos, CAS looks like its completely forbidden and the most player didnt really interact together, thats maybe MW playstile but not orginal Arma playstile, maybe just my opinion ...

15 hours ago, zukov said:

🤣🤣this posts make me laugh, i'm always raged with BI because doesn't want more sell the game, there are some many ways to improve, extend the gameplay etc. This game easily could sell for ten years. but some people rant for old stuff..... I just me that remember the orrible performance for arma 2,  reload animation like a dream?  always on knee without reason? the new amsterdam studio has delivered beautiful contents Contact and Tanoa are masterpieces, either LoW dlc has the Van that unexpectedly useful (the ambulance is fantastic).

Yea, your post makes me loughing.

In A2 OA we had the ugly s1203 as van and as ambulance, and you wont belive it but yes we had even a real bus in A2 base game (no DLC).

18 hours ago, Wonder_Bra said:

Reused content of A2.

Reused content of A2.

Reused content of A2.

jGN8VF3.png

(Exhibit A: Arma 1 + QG models, forgot to include a few others like the UAZs but whatever)

L746DYC.png

crum31R.png

(Exhibit B: Reused Arma 1 models in Arma 2 vanilla + OA, also missing a lot more other retextured models pulled straight from A1)

Xt4me19.png

(Exhibit C: Reused Arma 2 assets in Arma 3)

Reused content of A2.

iefToJ5.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, drebin052 said:

snip

Mora and Gorgon don't count. The Arma 2 Pandur is from a mod I believe, and has literally nothing in common with the Gorgon model down to the polygons. The Arma 3 Mora is a completely upgraded version of the Arma 2 Warrior with tons of new detail is completely re-UVed with new textures. Also, you forgot the Hellcat. 😛

The Merlin and Pawnee are from Take on Helicopters but I wouldn't count them because they're not from Arma 2 and still pretty different from that game considering... y'know, they're armed.

tl;dr @Wonder_Bra doesn't know what he's talking about.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wonder_Bra said:

Some models got better textures and normalmaps and so on but yes they unfortunately reused much of Armed Assault content, but in the previus Armas we had so much and today we got a renamed Kamaz for feeled every ind faction and did you noticed the headgear, most from A2 ...

And by 'most from A2' you mean the Cap and Shemag? Literally everything else is new.

(accidental double post sorry)

25 minutes ago, AveryTheKitty said:

And by 'most from A2' you mean the Cap and Shemag? Literally everything else is new.

(accidental double post sorry)

Whats with the modular helmet of the AAF, the AAF tanker helmet, the boonie, ...

Except all the static objects like the ural, brdm2 and other wrecks, the not finished building, ...

Their To 199:

a-346a-goblin-yak-131m-focuser-c-version

To-199_Neophron.png

Let me get this right. To back up an opinion that Arma 3 isn’t as good as its predecessors your going back and looking at models that may've been brought forward (and more than likely improved)?

While not authorized to do so, I feel comfortable apologizing in behalf of BI that world history wasn’t changed, more military vehicles designed and built so BI would have different pool to pull from. I guess we should really be upset with the superpowers for not creating more vehicles and aircraft that could be used for a game like Arma.

On a side note, I would like to bring into the conversation all those players who’s felt BI didn’t port enough stuff from the prior games. These players say BI suck for not doing that.

It’s good to know we’re ignoring all the radar, lighting, character model, unique uniform item improvements seen in Arma 3 because really, how would any of that matter in a conversation like this.

Finally, no one has to buy or play Arma 3. It’s your choice. Many people here feel Arma 3 is better than 2 but you don’t see anyone coming on the Arma 2 forums asking ‘Arma 2-why is even still around?’

Arma 3 the unofficial expansion to Arma2....

Granted there have been a lot of upgrades engine wise... a lot of that work is rushed and incomplete. I agree with some of the original posters sentiments about the game having.... issues. In the end it really is a new game. From a modders standpoint there have been so many improvements and technological advancements it brought me out of a 3 year hiatus. I hate the story and the concept of A3. It is why i quit. We have lots of new tech like: render to texture, radars, dynamic loadouts, the tanks penetration systems, physX.... well ok the physX is a friggin joke and needs a full revamp. Nearly all.... ok all of this stuff should have been in the default game and some of it is still horribly broken, but it is still there. 

The artwork of the models that came with A3 is sensational. I will never take that away from the model and texture makers. The concept is absolute shit. The amount of content in vanilla A3 compared to past BIS titles is lacking, disappointing, and blatantly stupid to say the least.  Sadly in this day and age of licensing likenesses and  paying big bucks just to have the shape of a vehicle in game or to use a military designation for it, i see the point. Then again i just dont like future shit and star wars stuff so my opinion is always biased. I build my mod based on what i saw, used and fought against during my own military service. In passed titles that was easier to replicate in A3 blatantly impossible without mods....

I always felt like A3 vanilla content was a teaser and BIS thought the modding community would carry the game forward....  I think in the end it just chased more of the community away. 

im done rambling for today.... 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Wonder_Bra said:

Whats with the modular helmet of the AAF, the AAF tanker helmet, the boonie, ...

Except all the static objects like the ural, brdm2 and other wrecks, the not finished building, ...

Their To 199:

Oh yeah, the AAF Crew Helmet is also from Arma 2, but none of the other helmets are.

Also that first picture of the To-199 is from an Arma 3 mod.

Arma 3 is mostly an improvement over Arma 2 in every way except for Immersion and Attention to detail.

You can really see the devs becoming increasingly  "tired" of making Arma over Arma over Arma content... (not even porting the females into Arma 3, lack of any Ai FSM improments, terrible implementation of physX, lack of map variety until tanoa really, previously all maps reused the same greek assets over and over again.).

That was also evidenced by Arma 2's campaign which was in every way more unique and immersive than Arma 3's.

During the first several years Arma 3 felt like a barebones skeleton of a game, a permanent prototype and a long Alpha if you want more currently standard terms.

Also the attention to detail while certainly improved over Arma 2 in these last years but certainly the improvements were not nearly as much as the improvement that Arma 2 was over Arma 1.

That being said I am very happy about the current state of Arma 3 since perhaps 2 years ago but it took me far more years to fall in love with Arma 3 than the time it took me to fall in love with Arma 2.

You could say one was love at first sight while the second one was a learned love.

All in all, the EDEN editor is the strongest point in favor of Arma 3 but even then I feel that Arma 2 had far better modding content and missions. Not better quantity, counting the amount of mods and missions arma 3 wins by a lot, but  Arma 2 had better quality in both its official and modded/community content.

So much so that most of the current best and most popular Arma 3 mods are just ports of Arma 2 mods.

• Like 1

On 1/30/2020 at 4:15 AM, Wonder_Bra said:

Thats my opinion, whats yours?

If Arma 3 didn't exist....

The Czech Red Cross received $43,944 courtesy of the Karts DLC.

The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) received $176,667 courtesy of the Laws of War DLC.

....there's much more to life than just playable content. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, EO said:

If Arma 3 didn't exist....

The Czech Red Cross received $43,944 courtesy of the Karts DLC.

The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) received $176,667 courtesy of the Laws of War DLC.

....there's much more to life than just playable content. 

the feel good post of the day?

At least they can name Arma 3 “Arma 3” accurately, while majority of Arma community (except this thread) can't :D