CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP Maps 2.0

Does anyone know if the Escape from .... mission has been ported for Chernarus 2020?

Loving the update, this map really is a triumph. 

One niggle: is there any chance of reworking the grass texture for the #CUP_CRSGrass1 surface? The turquoise texture really clashes with the darker green and dry grass.

616E74DDFF5C55DA18DDABC1F0FA4575320AF967

Here's the same texture working properly on Livonia:

E41C6272DCC23E40205CF7906D30229687246743

• Like 6

Good day all, great map thanks for the good work!  One of my all-time favs!

One big issue I noticed is that the trees/forests don't spawn past, roughly, 1/4 mile or so (300ish meters) from the player.  For example:  If standing near the hangars at the  south side of the main airport (located north/west on the map), the trees aren't spawning at the other side of the runway.  I can see barren ground (no trees, shrubs at all...looks like satmap only) when looking to the next ridge line, no more than 1km away, when near Gorka or similar topography anywhere on the map.  

This is kind of a game breaker, so wondering if this is just me and my settings or is this issue a thing?  Seems like a LOD issue or something.  

Thanks again and best regards!

DrDetroit

EDIT:  I think I figured it out...seems to have been the ACE Visual Distance Limiter setting.  Can't wait to try this map later w my Alive campaign (Ukraine Defense Forces and US Marsoc against Russian invasion) - should be epic with the upgraded map.  Thanks again for the hard work CUP!

Thanks to all who do this. I love editing on them, I don't/haven't published them in quite awhile but I still love doing it and the CUP maps are great to work with. I can always find what I'm looking for.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/28/2020 at 5:02 PM, CUP said:
  • Increase terrain heightmap resolution where appropriate ...
  • And the heightmap has been converted to a higher resolution in preparation for future updates. 

When you speak of increasing the height map resolution, do you mean that you have halved the cell size, and doubled the grid numbers?

So instead of a 2048x2048 grid with a cell size of 7.5, its 4096x4096 with a cell size if 3.75m?

Will the increased resolution come from interpolation? From a real topomap since chernarus is based on real terrain? Or artistic license when you want?

Hey, the new update is epic and I'm looking forward for what to come. There's just something real annoying that breaks immersion, and it's clutter where no clutter belongs to.

?imw=1024&imh=576&ima=fit&impolicy=Lette

That's the current state. It's great, but this grass somehow destroys the ambiance.

I edited it a bit with gimp. Maybe with some surfacemask work or concrete decals you could archieve sth like this.

Or the school could look like this.

?imw=2048&imh=1152&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

This could be helpful in spots like these.

?imw=2048&imh=1152&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Here, it would be cool if there was something in this Gateway, maybe a gate and something on the floor.

?imw=2048&imh=1222&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

And then there's this cool cementery here, but it looks meh with that tall grass. Don't know if it is supposed to be like that, but a short grass clutter object could be a huge advantage for many maps for places like this or parks etc. Tall grass is cool for wilderness and nature, but feels a bit mismatched in cities.

grass-patch-3d-model-8.jpg

Sadly, BI did no short grass.

Nevertheless, thanks a lot for your great map, and Merry Christmas to all of you!

14 hours ago, BeastHunter said:

Hey, the new update is epic and I'm looking forward for what to come. There's just something real annoying that breaks immersion, and it's clutter where no clutter belongs to.

<snip>

I understand your point about the grass clutter on roads, sidewalks and parking lots but it's not completely unrealistic. Certainly in a populated city/town with a properly functioning government, things such as that would be maintained, with the weeds removed, grass regularly cut and the cracks in pavement and concrete (that allow such growth), properly filled and repaired. However, in a poor country or poorly run city with limited resources, it's not uncommon to see grass and weeds growing where they don't belong. I see that sort of thing all the time here in my own state of GA in the US and ours is certainly not a poor country or state at all. I'm not disagreeing but just pointing out that such things can also be quite normal, especially in a poor or war torn country. I actually believe that such conditions may be what the team is trying to depict here. Alternately, for some maps that depict countries with such conditions, I would like to see many more signs of poor maintenance and neglect due to poverty or other circumstances.

• Like 1

Grass exists on pavements/sidewalks
messy-sidewalk-long-grass-weeds-600w-106

10/10 Realism from CUP. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

You can always throw down a grass cutter object in areas you think are truly bad.
Not something that you'd do for the whole map though.

On 12/11/2020 at 2:03 PM, BeastHunter said:

Reports like this really belong to our issue tracker.

On 3/8/2020 at 2:56 PM, CUP said:

CUPREP #0013: New Terrains Release 1.15.0

Alongside CUP's 5th anniversary, we bring another update to Maps 2.0!

Here we are with our first update for Maps 2.0!

In this release we go back to nature with completely new forest compositions and distribution for all forest systems across the map! This is the first step on our journey of transforming Chernarus 2020 and gets us a good running start for more changes to come in the future. There may be some areas here and there that look like tree patches are missing, which may have happened due to the vast volume of vegetation across the map. If you come across any of these it would be most helpful for us to add a ticket to our bugtracker with the Chernarus 2020 project tag!

The new forests were not the only thing to come with this update though, some more minor areas have recieved improvements such as Skalisty Island, Devil's Castle, Rog and Zub Castles. We hope that this demonstrates the kind of improvements you can expect in the future to existing areas of the map that players know and love. In addition to this though there are also a very small handful of new areas for you to discover across the map, the GIF below made by our very own @cyruz gives a little teaser to some of them.

A short reminder that the CUP team is always on the lookout for talented modders to help with the maintenance and growth of CUP, particularly with Maps 2.0 which we hope to eventually expand to more than just Chernarus 2020, if you might be tempted feel free to come chat to us on our discord.

As always changelogs are on both our downloads page and contained within the download on steam.

Have Fun, and Bye for now!

hello there is it possilble to change the water from the sea to the same as the altis water?

grt

12 hours ago, G-Scorpion said:

hello there is it possilble to change the water from the sea to the same as the altis water?

grt

It's literally named the Green Sea :grinning:

Probably all the pollution dumped in it by Chernarus.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I may have kind of forgot that this thread exists. 

So here have some pictures. 

Spoiler

20201208131651_1.jpg?width=2361&height=1

20201208131920_1.jpg

20210221182830_1.jpg

20201208131555_1.jpg?width=2361&height=1

• Like 12

Thanks for the map and the update on the progress! It really brings Chernarus up to Arma 3 standards. While this shouldn't come off as a complaint (I'm using the map quite frequently), I have one minor issue I'd like to address. I'm under the impression that the fundamental green of the landscape is a bit on the unnatural side. I'm sure the color palette be tweaked to match Livonia or Tanoa a bit more.

• Like 1

Those hardened buildings with the IDAP team look super cool.

I have a problem with sun lighting, there is no sun and sun lighting on Takistan and on some other maps, it's like always an overcast weather. Anyone knows solution?

@Mr_john1, this thread covers CUP Maps 2.0 which, at the moment, only includes Chernarus. If you have an issue with other maps from CUP checkout this thread or visit CUP Discord:icon_biggrin:

CUPREP #0015: New Maps 2.0 Release 1.17.0

Greetings,

Today we bring another update to the Maps 2.0 package with a second large update for Chernarus 2020. A sneak preview of what is to come before jumping into the details:

Following on from new additions to the western side of the map, construction has continued across the northern side of the map. Inside this update are twenty four new named locations, including the large towns of Severograd and Novodmitrvosk. Some of the new locations introduced in the last patch have had some additional buildings added to them that are now available in the Terrains Core package. This update completes all of the "new" areas to the map that were inspired and recreated from the Chernarus Plus map from Day Z. This does not mean however that work on Chernarus 2020 is considered finished. Augmentations to other existing areas are planned, however these are likely to be expansions of existing locations as appose to completely new areas appearing inbetween classic well known places.

Spoiler

20211001143403_1.jpg
20211001153906_1.jpg
20211001165643_1.jpg
20211001173541_1.jpg

Screenshots by @sparfell_19

Now that a lot of the large scale work on Chernarus 2020 has been wrapped up, thoughts have been shifted towards possible other terrains that might see new life breathed into them. We hope to be able to share information about this in the near future.

As always changelogs for all our packages can be found on our website and included with the download, and bugs should be reported on our feedback tracker with the Chernarus 2020 tag!

This is all for this CUPDate, have a great day!

CUP Team

• Like 15

I have a question, is Chernarus 2.0/2020 being made to the design and new standard DayZ: SA has set or your own interpertation?

Another way of saying it is; Are you copying from DayZ or by your own design, wants, and needs?