guyfawkestom

[GFT] GuyFawkesTom Development thread

Greetings Arma3 fellows,

As the Parachute regiment mod as been released, I have resume and started working on other mods (not on GM). I will re-purpose this thread to display advancement on these different projects.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

This post as been edited and original material related to parachute regiment development removed

Please check the last post of this thread to get the last updates!

Cheers

GFt

• Like 5

I've been thinking of something like this and am very glad that you've started putting this together. If I may make a suggestion, I think a brushstroke pattern would be really cool instead of a DPM variant. 

Big fan of the storyline you've made. I think that an armored component would also be fitting; a Leopard 1 variant would probably fit very well. 

Looking forward to see what you come up with! Good luck.

• Like 1

Thanks sir for your kind words and ideas - I will definitively have a look at some brushtroke, it could look nice. Depending How much time I can take from the real life, let's see if it can make it for the first release.

For the armored component, this is a good idea, will see waht I can do with the Leopard. I was also thinking of a retex of the Danish 20mm M113, as if I am correct m113 could be airdropped (though not sure for this variant), if it existed during the cold war era. I'll add some other motor pool.

In the meantime, I am working on a rifle grenade FAL - functional but I am a bit struggling with the Zeroing of the sight...

y4obP7e.jpg

Z6G1U52.jpg

• Like 2

Brushstroke Prototype (same appraoch as for the dpm, colors swapped with the AAF palette):

On 1/25/2020 at 6:04 PM, skiddy said:

I've been thinking of something like this and am very glad that you've started putting this together. If I may make a suggestion, I think a brushstroke pattern would be really cool instead of a DPM variant. 

Is it any close of what you had in mind?

Thanks and KR

GFT

zrNRarG.jpg

iSzYYl7.jpg

uXw6lql.jpg

• Like 2

On 1/31/2020 at 11:10 PM, guyfawkestom said:

Brushstroke Prototype (same appraoch as for the dpm, colors swapped with the AAF palette):

Is it any close of what you had in mind?

Thanks and KR

GFT

Yup! That looks fantastic

Edited by R0adki11
don't quote images
  • Like 1

Glad to see another mod using GM as it's base , and i've got a special love for fictional armed forces of the armaverse, my only complaint and it's minor is the beret style is very american, Gm does have some euro style berets. 

• Like 1

Dear all,

Real life was particularly hectic this week, did not have much time to even touch my computer. I still did a couple of things. Maybe today I will have more time...

On 2/4/2020 at 1:33 AM, yevgeni89 said:

Glad to see another mod using GM as it's base , and i've got a special love for fictional armed forces of the armaverse, my only complaint and it's minor is the beret style is very american, Gm does have some euro style berets. 

Yes  sir, I fully agree - this does not look right. I am not sure however if GM team has released the template for their Headgear (which would be perfect), I will check that. Currently this will serve as placeholder

Brushstroke helmets:

YZ6GTDe.jpg

jb6yj0T.jpg

rdHmZNm.jpg

8enA90b.jpg

Cheers,

GFT

• Like 2

I believe they did, are you currently in the GM discord by chance ? I remember browsing through a channel and someone was also retexturing a beret, I think mondkalb posted the link for headgear in community mods. Love the helmets and can't wait to be using these sharp dressed men in western Germany 😄

Hello,

I manage to retexture the beret from GM! Simple for the color (no need for a template actually) but complex if you want to add a badge (I had to create a brand new RVMAT file)

Nevertheless, here are the results:

9kaIrvi.jpg

HehElk3.jpg

Bonus Sharp dress gentlemen always go out with a hat:

DPM version (note the different shoulder patch... surprise):

6AY2hIH.jpg

Brushstroke version:

KfgX0TN.jpg

Thanks for all the suggestions !

Cheers,

GFT

• Like 3

Greetings GM enthusiasts,

Have had a little bit of time to start working on armored assets, the M113 first, I'll work on the leopard after (still the same concept, I used the AAF 2035 palette with a classical camo pattern):

fRfb2dC.jpg

2kDzrxu.jpg

KScfUpA.jpg

Another series on a parallel unit I am working on since a long time, the Altis SAS squadron:

ThSnO0d.jpg

UBW1H1Q.jpg

gKtqnUi.jpg

Et664Xj.jpg

GP1Ajli.jpg

Night operation:

wQPiTnx.jpgq8mqKj6.jpg

FE1pQ6W.jpg

Lw12Zqx.jpg

Cheers !

GFT

• Like 3

Greetings Arma people,

There was no update during the last weeks, but I was actually finishing the first wave of the mod (I am now currently testing through and polishing the different assets).

The motor pool has been extended (screencaps below show camo pattern, but a plain green pattern is also included), and I tweaked several assets. We are close to a "release candidate".

Now I need to look into how to release the mod on the steam workshop!

Hope you will enjoy the screens below.

Cheers,

GFT

Column of AAFP vehicles joining the frontlines:

0TdDxxj.jpg

2JD4kMs.jpg

Fqn8kJi.jpg

IHxbnPi.jpg

crq1xsT.jpg

jMZ5eE6.jpg

EKn03rG.jpg

Q0SiyJb.jpg

zLWHJdg.jpg

SAS observation post:

RRRMu95.jpg

FI4fvLN.jpg

2XA2AOO.jpg

W1DJVzH.jpg

• Like 4

Greetings Arma3 fellows,

I am curretnly adding props to add an airborne feel to the scenarios; there will be custom waypoints to set up drop of troops but also cargo (using an adapted KK script, as the GM models are not compatible with base game drop function). It is working already, I will optimize the code and secure permissions to include the static chute:

4k8vdO3.jpg

1vD5A8c.jpg

P9bCe2T.jpg

DIyWLK5.jpg

PzjTThi.jpg

i6vHHeD.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good evening Ladies & Gentlemen,

The first version of the mod is ready for release; I got the kind permission from Deltagamer to use his Static line parachute for which he released the source files, I am performing the last check and I will release the mod ASAP

Here's a couple of screenshots while waiting for the release with the vehicles alternate pattern:

gtXXGHm.jpg

otdXCoH.jpg

4zqOMWk.jpg

4FxiRdP.jpg

Have a lovely Week-end, Arma People !

Kind regards,

GFT

• Like 3

Few projects I am working on. The ETA is undetermined 🙂

Altis Parachute Regiment for GM update

Altis Parachute Regiment 2030s

I am currently working on a mini mod describing the paratroopers in 2030s version. Below is a first draft of the base paratrooper. I will probably retexture the vest for better readability. I plan also to retexture some vehicles to go along. As always I want to avoid dependencies to other mods, but will use material from DLCs and expansion.

na4xmhO.png

Kz5wd6P.png

yRm57IR.png

Armaverse security agencies and paramilitary organizations:

Since a couple of years, I am trying to develop a series of factions representing my take on armaverse security forces. Several mods already exist but I wanted to contribute and add my vision. The mod is quite ambitious (for my skills and the time I can dedicate) and I will certainly release the content by waves, at my pace. The content (artistic license !!!) will include uniform retextures (inspired from existing urban pattern or new fictional proposals), new gear/weapons (retexture, ported from A2/or new models) and vehicles (retexture, not sure about ports). In the future, although I tried to avoid dependencies, I might develop separate mini-mods retexturing other big mods assets (naturally with agreement of the mod owners).

The first faction I am developing is the Malden "Gardja", which I would describe as a gendarmerie organization. Malden does not maintain an army, therefore the mission of the Gardja is to maintain order, public security, and possibly defense of the island in case of invasion (law enforcement being Malden Police competence), although Malden has an history of hosting -more ore less willingly foreign military forces. I was quite inspired by the screenshot of the Malden Civil war in the war photography section of the forum and wanted to develop the faction with this storyline in mind. 

NopuUNW.png

XED4sWw.png

u5leg5j.png

UAEQijj.png

rwZmShe.png

u26IQvr.png

RB14md1.png

SuS8LvQ.pngQtJkkso.png

• Like 2

Greetings !

Throughout the Arma 3 Photography thread, There are screenshot of a fictional Malden Civil War. As I previously mentioned, those screenshots have been an inspiration for my work on Malden Security forces (the Gardja, above). In particular, there are several depicting of the Malden Special Internal Security Forces, AKA "Death Division". Below are some prototypes reinterpretations of a personal vision of the SISF (it will be in my mod, distinct from the Gardja) SISF are elite force, while Gardja is the bulk of Malden Security forces. I retextured the Nato uniforms, the LDF vest and helmets, and I ported the XM8 from A2. I plan also to develop a classic version as the one presented in the original screenshots.

Enjoy the below screenshots !

Cheers,

GFT

PnHdPtB.png

bQuUcnV.png

mBCKvXz.pngMwkh6NW.pngMuWo02t.pngKyFYXeY.pngTKf9o2O.png

172c3Hl.png

IZUV6Uc.pngbmzd2IR.pngZZQUWAX.pngBpvnwbu.png3F3kXTG.pngZ0VhT4Z.pngfg1nZRe.pngar3naXF.png

• Like 1