sI4LsX8.png

Converts the VR map into a flat frozen landscape.

Try out every asset Arma 3 has to offer in the "Frozen Arsenal"

"Frozen Arsenal" can be found under the Virtual Arsenal in the Tutorial Section.

Features:

Snow system.
Ambient Birds.
Character footsteps.

Weather and Cloud system. (Sullen Skies)
Breath fog. (courtesy of Haleks)

Credits:
@haleks for allowing me to include his breath fog function.
@Dedmen for his advice on the forum.

@CUP for the snow system.

❄️ Steam Workshop. ❄️ 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 7

You sir, are a very clever individual!

Nice work!

• Like 2

Since I spend most of my Arma time in the VR world this is a great addition. Love the deserted VR and this looks awesome. Many thanks!

• Like 1

You have a great artistic eye for staging your screenshots EO.  Like the desert VR map, this is a great addition.  Makes me want to make some sort of "dreamscape" mission...

• Like 1

Frozen VR has been updatedAdds ACE compatibility.

Apparently the Ace Arsenal and the Frozen Arsenal were both competing for the same button when loaded together, this update adds an extra button so ACE users can load both mods at the same time and access both the Ace Arsenal and the Frozen Arsenal.

ACE users will see this...

Spoiler

wUYRxjo.jpg

Non ACE users will see this... 

Spoiler

Pfacx06.jpg

Happy days! ☺️ 

• Like 1

Frozen VR has been updated to reflect the recent changes made to Sullen Skies: Cloud grid width, cloud width and noise resolution values have all been tweaked resulting in a significant increase in cloud volume while retaining cloud detail. :rthumb:

• Like 1

Frozen VR has been updated:

Mod has been re-signed.

New server key. 

Thanks to Redwan S. who reported a signature mismatch when running on a dedicated server, hopefully this update remedies that issue. :rthumb:

• Like 1

Apparently this latest update hasn't addressed the issue that was reported on the Workshop, that is, signature mismatch on a dedicated server:icon_cry:

Currently I don't have access to a dedicated server so If there are any good souls out there with access to a dedicated server that could confirm whether this is in fact an issue that can be replicated it would be greatly appreciated.

While I don't dispute the original report I'm fairly certain this fresh signature and server key should be solid.

On 1/26/2021 at 3:48 PM, EO said:

Apparently this latest update hasn't addressed the issue that was reported on the Workshop, that is, signature mismatch on a dedicated server:icon_cry:

While I don't dispute the original report I'm fairly certain this fresh signature and server key should be solid.   

Going by the latest feedback from the Workshop, either the original report about signature mismatch was bogus or the latest update has indeed fixed the issue in question. Either way mod should be running just fine now. :rthumb:

Hey EO how did you create this and your desert version through the terrain editor?

and why does it require CUP Core when theres no buildings on the map, or is it a terrain object from cup core thats used?

No external tools like Terrain Builder were used, It's just an edited version of the VR map, I replaced the VR tile textures with snow textures (sand textures for the Deserted VR) added my Sullen Skies config for the cloud/weather system, etc.

Frozen VR requires CUP Core as it uses the snow system from Chernarus Winter.  

Haleks was kind enough to allow me the use of his breath fog function from Ravage.

• Like 2