Sign in to follow this  
deforz

Server browser issues

Hi,

I'm starting a dedicated server however my server seems to take ages to show up in the server list. The ping is low <40 and yet other servers show up really quickly and mine is really slow. It doesn't lag.

Any ideas?

Hi @deforz

Ok so server starting up doesn't have anything to do with the lag or the ping.

But it has everything to do with the hardware of the server.

So if the server has low end CPU and lets say hard drive instead of the SSD it will take longer to launch arma 3, same goes with computer if you have lower end CPU and hardrive it will take you longer to load up arma then on computer that has Higher end CPU and SSD.  Basicly imagine the Server as a Computer without the GPU.

Is it a home server or hosted?

if it is a home based Dedicated, you will want to verify that you have your firewall ports configured for reliable communication. Without setting that your system may have issues with communication to any external sources. By default Arma 3 communicates on ports 2302-2306 UDP and battleye uses 2344 TCP + UDP and 2345 TCP.  More info can be found HERE. You may also want to bypass your NAT by using NAT Traversal enabled in your server.cfg as upnp, but make sure you read the info on it, as this may cause a delay as well.

It is a dedicated home server. All ports forwarded correctly. It's not when I first load the server. It's just how long it takes to show in the in-game browser. If I hit refresh on the in game browser it can take a minute to show up yet the ping is <50.

I've tried UPNP but still is the same. Any help would be great.

• Confused 1