guttersnipe

setdamage on object globally, dedicated server?

Im trying to destroy an object (hedge) via a setdamage=1 in trigger activation field. Works fine until I put it on a dedicated server. I've tried using the 'server' only checkbox in the trigger or without it, but the object's state isn't being transmitted to all clients. Can I do this without using a .sqf via a remoteExec command?

I've looked but I'm not certain how to add my command into the BI format?

// someScriptCommand; 

remoteExec ["someScriptCommand", targets, JIP];

?

thx

setDamage is AG EG (argument global, effect global) So, you don't have to remote exec it.

check your trigger activation instead. Probably not working with a player condition which has no sense on dedicated server.

Avoid player reference on dedicated (server only). So you don't have to make your trigger server only (or f you want to stay server side, use something like:

allPlayers findIf {_x inArea thisTrigger} > -1  in the condition field.

Second point:

About your hedge: spawned or edited? are you sure your hedge is defined on each client? how do you select it?

Useful info re :

38 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

Avoid player reference on dedicated (server only)

however the trigger (which is server side) needs only one player to activate, and indeed is definitely being fired as I am also using it to trigger a hint which displays normally. I'll try with SIDE only instead tho.

Re:hedge - I'm using an editor placed object (named 'hedge') from the @FOW mod which all players have on our group. 

thx for your help

hmmm, working fine with vanilla 'small hedge' & BLUFOR present in condition. Odd thing is I tried this an hour ago & it didn't work. Have noticed that occasionally 'save' in editor removes last trigger set, must have been than?

ta for helping anyway.