Grovesy57

remoteExec function not working on Dedi

G'day guys, me again.

Trying to create a simple skipTime action ingame. Got another script calling the addAction for skip12.sqf.

The script runs fine, but for whatever reason my dedicated server will not read the function. This works on my machine perfectly fine, and I've added hints to ensure the script is running as it should. The function will also run when executed everywhere BUT the server, but the server flicks the time back straight away.

Any reason the server wouldn't run my function? I even tried with only the skipTime inside the function, still no effect. Everything ran fine except that inside the function.

All help would be appreciated.

_target = _this select 0;
_caller = _this select 1;
_action = _this select 2;

grovSkip12 = {

//	Executes Everywhere BUT my dedicated server:
	params ["_target", "_caller", "_action"];
	skipTime 12;
	_target removeAction _action;
	_caller globalChat format ["%1 Has skipped 12 Hours.", name _caller];		//Will NOT work (on Dedi)
	sleep 60;		//Delay to avoid spamming of function.
	_target addAction ["Skip 12 Hours","TARF\skip12.sqf"];

};

[_target, _caller, _action] remoteExec ["grovSkip12", 2];
//_caller globalChat format ["%1 Has skipped 12 Hours.", name _caller];		//Will work. (on Dedi)

17 minutes ago, Grovesy57 said:

_target = _this select 0;
_caller = _this select 1;
_action = _this select 2;

So because of the above I'm guessing we are looking at the code called by an addAction.

So the function grovSkip12 is not defined until someone uses the addAction. In which case the server will never know about the function.

Take your grovSkip12 and place it in the initServer.sqf instead.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Larrow said:

So because of the above I'm guessing we are looking at the code called by an addAction.

So the function grovSkip12 is not defined until someone uses the addAction. In which case the server will never know about the function.

Take your grovSkip12 and place it in the initServer.sqf instead.

Legend. Understood and fixed. Cheers