EO

Editing then repackaging the official Virtual Arsenal mission file.

Having already published the "Deserted VR" map, which converts the VR map into a flat deserted landscape, my next goal is to publish a "Frozen VR" map, which surprise, surprise converts the VR map into a frozen landscape. 

Any changes made to the VR map through configuration also carry over into the Virtual Arsenal which leads me to a problem I have....

One of the features I've added is replacing rain particles with the snow particles from CUP Core, everything works just fine and as intended when you open the Frozen VR map through the Editor.

Howevr what I'd really like is snow to fall when you open the Virtual Arsenal, but the official A3 scenario that loads you into the VA has benign weather settings, meaning Overcast is set to 0%...this means when I load into the VA there is no snowfall. 😞 

As you can see here I have already pulled the official VA mission file and edited the weather values to 60% Overcast...

This leads me to 2 questions I have... 

TL;DR 

Can I publish an edited version of the official Virtual Arsenal scenario that changes the weather settings?

If this is even allowed, is it then possible to repackage this scenario with my mod in such a way that when it's loaded it overwrites the official VA scenario?

Any help with this would be much appreciated. ☺️

• Like 1

13 hours ago, EO said:

Can I publish an edited version of the official Virtual Arsenal scenario that changes the weather settings?

edited version not sure, but you can just write/make it from scratch, its not that much effort I think.

13 hours ago, EO said:

is it then possible to repackage this scenario with my mod in such a way that when it's loaded it overwrites the official VA scenario?

yes. The button in main menu just calls "playMission" with a path to the mission, you can just replace that script on the button to start yours.

Search in AIO config for "Arsenal: Bootcamp" it just has this entry

onbuttonclick = "playMission['','\A3\Missions_F_Bootcamp\Scenarios\Arsenal.VR']";

just replace it.

ACE also adds their own arsenal mission, but they add a extra button

https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/tree/master/addons/arsenal

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Dedmen, thanks man, just the information I needed. :thumb: