opus132

Arma 1 & 2

Just bought Arma 3 on the current sale, but before i delve into it, i was wondering if there was anything worth checking out in the previous games (campaigns, missions, maybe mods etc) or if i can simply ignore them and focus on the third one. 

I know the campaign from the original Operation Flashpoint has been ported, and that's supposed to be the best out of all of them, but what about the other two games? Any reason to check them out at all? 

They're all worth playing for the campaigns/ missions but the interest/quality of each varies. There's loads of mods for each so it's worth having them just to explore, even if A3 is what everyone plays now.

Some commands (keyboard and mouse) remain the same, but the character's movement has changed a lot, so it is likely to be quite strange at first, which you will miss some functions in both the movement and the weaponry you carry.

• Like 1

Arma 3 hasnt much to do with A1 & A2.

Not much content, many place holder (Mi-48, static weapons, drones, ...).

The worst performance in the whole history of Arma and so on, worst modding community ever in the Arma history, its pretty diffrent, so if you want a bad gaming experience you just need A3, do not worry.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Wonder_Bra said:

Arma 3 hasnt much to do with A1 & A2.

Not much content, many place holder (Mi-48, static weapons, drones, ...).

The worst performance in the whole history of Arma and so on, worst modding community ever in the Arma history, its pretty diffrent, so if you want a bad gaming experience you just need A3, do not worry.

Imagine making an account just to shit on a game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, AveryTheKitty said:

Imagine making an account just to shit on a game.

I make well deserved criticsm, this game is in my opinion a joke compared to the other Armas.

• Sad 1

Yeah @AveryTheKitty this Wonder_Bra person looks like they made an account just to spam some random rants against the game. Their other posts don't seem to have much substance to them.....

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Wonder_Bra said:

worst modding community ever in the Arma history

That is a punch to the face for every content creator there is. I, for example, am spending hundreds of hours on my projects. Hearing such a comment is just unfair to everyone. In another post you refered to Life players as script kiddies. Altis Life is one of the most ambitious projects out there even if someone doesn't like it. Hell, even I have some prejuidices against people who are playing it. But at the end of the day there are so many people enjoying it, why talk badly about it?

To not derail the topic of @opus132 any further:

I can only talk about A2. Compared to A3 it lacks some really worthwhile features, imho the overall handling of a3 is better than a2 (inventory, movement, ...). Storywise you don't need any background to play a3. As already mentioned, modding is strong in both games, so nearly infinite supply of content 🙂

1 hour ago, 7erra said:

That is a punch to the face for every content creator there is. I, for example, am spending hundreds of hours on my projects. Hearing such a comment is just unfair to everyone. In another post you refered to Life players as script kiddies. Altis Life is one of the most ambitious projects out there even if someone doesn't like it. Hell, even I have some prejuidices against people who are playing it. But at the end of the day there are so many people enjoying it, why talk badly about it?

To not derail the topic of @opus132 any further:

I can only talk about A2. Compared to A3 it lacks some really worthwhile features, imho the overall handling of a3 is better than a2 (inventory, movement, ...). Storywise you don't need any background to play a3. As already mentioned, modding is strong in both games, so nearly infinite supply of content 🙂

Sorry, but the modding comm looks like a kindergarden compared to the A1 & 2 modding comm:

Hand of Moscow

2925760_4.jpg

p-37_beta_2_4.jpg

4cb73e1c4d06_4.jpg

objectsforradarsimage2_4.jpg

18f1a12a43f0_21845_4.jpg

CWR²

moddb_preview.jpg

cold-war-rearmed2-nva-v100-4_4.jpg

cold-war-rearmed2-italian-armed-forces-w

cwr2_teaser_160511.jpg

CSLA

ToZK4hFy8FwxIfpufD4DKqTzVUbH8Ytyp6BfgA72

m_csla_07_28062012_13554.jpg

CSLA_OT62_1.jpg

CSLA_A2CO_wallpaper_center_1920x1200.png

CSLA_patch_v2.10_3.jpg

And the campaigns are so much better then the A3 modding campaigns ...

1 hour ago, Wonder_Bra said:

And you looking to me like a fanboy of A3 wich hates criticsm against it, lol.

Fanboy? Yes. I absolutely love the series. But am i against criticism? No. But it's gotta be grounded, meaningful. Otherwise what's the point? There's been plenty of times when I've found something wrong, then either posted here first for confirmation or just gone straight to the feedback tracker. Unsurprisingly, well structured feedback and reporting has a positive effect. 

• Like 2

I think this Wonder_Bra is just trying to bait a reaction from everyone, I'd just ignore him and hopefully he will just go away.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1