behemeth

[SP] Ravage Breadcrumbs (WIP)

Hi all,

I want to share a WIP of a story driven Ravage mission that adds a quest line and an immersive currency for shops with a guided user interface.

I made it for myself and already had plenty of fun with creating the mission and playing around with some of the new features I added.

Even though it's not finished yet, it's already playable and I would love to get some feedback about the general idea as well es the new features I implemented.

This is currently a proof of concept / WIP. Multiple story driven tasks are already implemented but the "end" of the quest line is still missing. After you finish the currently implemented tasks, you are however able to continue with the standard Ravage features and the additional feature of currency and homebase w. shops.

STORY
After the apocalypse your wife Helen was one of the very few surviving women. AAF took her away to god knows what place. Little later, you were enslaved by gruesome bandits. Now you're captured, unarmed, injured and starving. The guards got careless though and now is your chance to escape. Your only urge is revenge and finding your wife Helen. But how will you be able to find her?

ADDONS

CBA_A3

Ravage

CUP Weapons

CUP Units

CUP Vehicles

CUP Terrains - Core

RHSAFRF

RHSGREF

RHSSAF

RHSUSAF

Zombies and Demons

CREDITS

Haleks for the incredible Ravage Mod.

All the other content creators who are the reason that I still love this game after all the years!

STEAM WORKSHOP LINK

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1969861147

Thanks to anyone taking the time to try it out and giving feedback.

• Like 4

Hi,

I've played to the

Spoiler

first survivor camp.

It was quite fun. Some observations:

Mission issue:

I've had to restart because I've had a task issue at the very beginning. Task #1 is about getting a weapon. Luck had it so there was a firefight between the gendarmerie and the bandits before the shop, so I could loot a weapon from a corpse, then killed the 3 dudes in the room with the weapon crate. But I looked at what's on the table before opening the chest and got the piece of intel. Then I opened the chest and the game gave me the task to go get the intel now, but it was already taken, so the storyline was stuck.

DLCs:

BIS has plenty of resources to create useless DLCs, but none to teach AI how to drive. So an AI patrol couldn't avoid a lone house and hit it head on. A body in there, engine running, so I thought I might finally get some decent weapons and maybe a backpack but no: the SUV is a DLC one so I couldn't climb into it to eject the body to loot it. Maybe you can restrict the equipment pool up to Apex for instance?

Immersion:

It is a bit immersion breaking to have a build up about the food and drink being hoarded by the evil dudes, and then discovering that what the 3 armed guys were guarding with their lives is a whole can of soda plus one bag of rice.

Food and drink:

I don't know how loot quantity in lootable nodes is configured is configured in Ravage, but it is rather boring having to loot everything that is in sight with about a 1 in 20 chance to find something, plus it's always garbage. I don't know where food and drink are supposed to be, but I'd rather stop now if I actually have to rummage through all the garbage on the island in order to find something useful every 50th attempt, as the only way to survuve. I think it will be better the for immersion if there was no food inside lootable nodes after weeks of looting by multiple gangs, but that maybe one AI in 5 or 10 could carry something edible or drinkable.

So far, IIRC, I've killed 3 guys in the weapons room, zero food and drink. 3 or 4 gendarmes, nothing. 3 guys by the "food storage", nothing on them. One solo wanderer, 3 guys in a patrol truck, 5 guys in the camp with the doc, not only the "camp" had zero food, but all its defenders were breatharians as well. And it looks like the guys at the refugee camp don't have any as well.

Team:

Will I be controlling team mates during the mission, or was the doc the only temporary recruit? If I will, please add a teamswitch feature. Arma3 has like 4 ways to arm your teammates, but each and every one of them is a huge PITA.

Console:

Please allow it.

Other than that, it was quite fun so far, thank for all the work.

Played a bit more, until we re-established electricity and the tasks stopped.

* When I got into the Solar station, loaded the panels, the task said "Completed", but I got no task to go back to base. I went there myself and the task I never saw got completed, and I got the next one.

Maybe this was because I wasn't in the GAZ per se. But why should I? This is a survival game, so people will find the first car they can and use it as a mobile base, loading it with all the stuff they find and loot. So I don't want to spend a lot of time moving all my stuff from my light truck onto the GAZ, with the possibility that this quest vehicle may go poof when one step of the other is finished, with all my stuff. So IMHO you should maybe modify the quest texts so they don't refer to the GAZ as much. I've done enough, I liberated the stuff you need, now send a non-hero to bring your stuff to the base, while I move onto the next task in my own vehicle :).

* Same happened after the last task, with the tank, no task to go home.

* There is a serious lack of food. I've looted countless nodes, to the point of not willing to play if I need to loot more. If I could eat balaclavas and other pieces of headgear, I'd be morbidly obese by now. But lack of loot inside nodes is OK, AFAIC. What is killing it for me is the lack of everything on NPCs. Stats say that besides zombies, I've killed 72 people. Three had a bit of dry milk. Found a can of tactical beacon. Finally got a toolbox so I didn't die. But hours into the game and countless murders, I don't have can opener nor a knife.

IMHO, either we should get the most important tools (opener, toolbox, knife, backpack) in the first or the second "base", or NPCs should carry more of it, or better yet I should be able to buy some from the store, or even better, since I'm risking my life for them, the refugees should reward me with sweet sweet bacon after every successful mission. Being on the brink of death if I don't eat one can of bacon every hour feels a bit ridiculous.

Keep up the good work.

Hi neofit,

first of all thank you for trying out the mission and especially for taking your time to provide the extensive and helpful feedback!

On 2/1/2020 at 10:29 PM, neofit said:

Mission issue:

I've had to restart because I've had a task issue at the very beginning. Task #1 is about getting a weapon. Luck had it so there was a firefight between the gendarmerie and the bandits before the shop, so I could loot a weapon from a corpse, then killed the 3 dudes in the room with the weapon crate. But I looked at what's on the table before opening the chest and got the piece of intel. Then I opened the chest and the game gave me the task to go get the intel now, but it was already taken, so the storyline was stuck.

I fixed this bug. It never happened to me during testing since I always sneaked to the weapon and never had the luck that some of the bad guys were taking each other out by themselves 🙂

On 2/1/2020 at 10:29 PM, neofit said:

Team:

Will I be controlling team mates during the mission, or was the doc the only temporary recruit? If I will, please add a teamswitch feature. Arma3 has like 4 ways to arm your teammates, but each and every one of them is a huge PITA.

Console:

Please allow it.

If you tell me how to do this, I will add this.

I also read the rest of your comments and really appreciate the input. Since I will be on my skiing vacation from tomorrow on ⛷️ I don't have time to address it yet, but I will come back to it when I return!

Thanks a lot again!

Debug console:

in the "description.ext" file, add "enableDebugConsole = 2;" (for everyone, or =1 if only for SP and MP admins).

It's in here.

Have a nice and safe vacation.