listy

Vehicle Information Not showing in most vehicles

Hi, I've been away from Arma for a while so i'm not exactly sure when this started happening, but now that I've returned to it (was a bit put off after I didn't like the contact DLC), anyway when I get into most vehicles I don't get the vehicle info in the top left - it doesn't show if i get in a land vehicle or a heli, but does show with the fixed wing aircraft I've tried.    So far I've disabled all mods and it still happens, done a fresh install of all Arma files and it still happens in vanilla (with all official DLC).  I've made sure that in the display options the vehicle panel is in the right place (although seeing as it does appear correctly if I get into a cesna for instance it wouldn't seem logical for those options to be hiding it just for helis or ground vehicles).   I've googled it and couldn't find anything the issue, and tried to search these forums, although my search terms of vehicle info not showing may be a bit vague to narrow it down.     Any help would be much appreciated thanks.

Edit:  For anyone else searching for the same thing, it's definitely something to do with the Contact DLC as disabling that content corrects the issue.

• Like 1

It's only 2 years later but your 'fix' fixed the same issue for me.

This should definitely be stickied or something.  Came back to playing Arma after a break, just bit the bullet and got the rest of the DLC I didn't have.

Was pulling my hair out trying to figure out what was going on.  In some cases it also removed the weapon info in the upper right of the screen as well as the vehicle info, where if the vehicle you were in didn't have a proper HUD that showed the current weapon, it was anyone's guess what weapon you had selected.  Disabled the contact DLC and everything returned to normal.

23 hours ago, tsdobbi said:

This should definitely be stickied or something.

[...]

Further information to add to that would be that the 'Contact' DLC is only to be loaded when trying to play through the DLC's campaign.

On 3/23/2022 at 8:35 AM, Jackal326 said:

Further information to add to that would be that the 'Contact' DLC is only to be loaded when trying to play through the DLC's campaign.

Additionally, disabling the DLC does not disable the assets when it comes to mission editing.  I thought disabling it would mean I wouldn't have access to the factions/weapons for mission editing, but they are still there.