pvt. partz

Using Launcher crashes browser and Teamspeak

When I start Arma with the .exe, everything is fine

When I start Arma with the launcher, browser and TeamSpeak crashes

I suspect my issue is local on my end because all of my research yesterday (all day. 😣,) showed no results.

I'll keep it simple just in case someone might have a quick solution

I've tried all of the usual suspects, i.e: Firewall stuff, verify integrity, etc.

I get the exact same problem. I believe the issue is due to geforce control panel. Since a few drivers back when nvidia removed geforce control panel from game ready drivers the issue started. If I dont download the control panel from windows store it works fine, the problem is I need the control panel to set up gsync on my freesync monitor and also other settings I like to change. I tried a fresh install without control panel and then use nvidia inspector to change these settings and the same issue persists. Could someone give some feedback on this as I would appreciate it. I never thought of launching the arma.exe itself so I may use that from now on, but it may not suit users like the original poster if they have mods they want to launch.

On 1/12/2020 at 6:23 PM, pvt. partz said:

When I start Arma with the launcher, browser and TeamSpeak crashes

no they don't crash. They get killed by battleye.

since a recent battleye update it now kills every program that has any dll loaded that battleye considers "potentially malicious"

so.. either disable battleye, or find out what dll its complaining about, or reinstall windows to make that dll probably be gone.

• Thanks 1

After doing some research, turning off low latency in GeForce control panel may fix it.

On 1/17/2020 at 1:00 AM, Dedmen said:

no they don't crash. They get killed by battleye.

since a recent battleye update it now kills every program that has any dll loaded that battleye considers "potentially malicious"

so.. either disable battleye, or find out what dll its complaining about, or reinstall windows to make that dll probably be gone.

I'm now suddenly having this issue when I didn't have it previously.  I launched Arma with BE off and my TS didn't shut down so it is defo a BE issue as @Dedmen says.

How do I find out which .dll does BE not like?  I've tried looking at my Launcher\BE tab open, but it doesn't show anything.

On 1/17/2020 at 4:46 PM, pvt. partz said:

...You are exactly correct Dedmen

Thank you

@pvt. partz Did you get yours working where you can use BE and it wouldn't bring down TS?

8 hours ago, kMaN175 said:

@pvt. partz Did you get yours working where you can use BE and it wouldn't bring down TS? 

...nope, Battleye still crashes internet/TeamSpeak

...woop. but if Discord is up, it only crashes TeamSpeak.

I must living in the twilight ozone!

On 3/27/2020 at 6:09 PM, pvt. partz said:

...nope, Battleye still crashes internet/TeamSpeak

...woop. but if Discord is up, it only crashes TeamSpeak.

I must living in the twilight ozone!

Have you tried a a clean install of Arma?

Have you tried a a clean install of Arma?

...no, I can be bothered. If I need TS I'll just start it later. It's nice to know what is causing it.

I had to reinstall windows, etc to get rid of the issue.

Just a suggestion but you could use Discord instead, its free, you can create your own server group, channels ect,.

Discord has no issues with the game or the launcher.

• Like 1