3DA3DFC782864FADAE736A8B2468174200458CC5

Author: JTS

Introduction
Open world post-apocalyptic cooperative mission with a story line. This is the continuation of Virus X - Scientists & Virus X - Antidote. Search for food, ammo and weapons to survive. The nights are dark and the weather is hostile

Description
August 15, 2028. 5 years have passed since the last stalkers made their way to Chernarus to find their comrade who survived after being bitten by an infected.
The survivor was rescued and successfully delivered to the military base of the Russian Federation, which is located near Chernorussia. Everyone hoped that he was an antidote that would help to destroy this aggressive virus.
However, the blood of the survivor could not destroy the virus, but only weakened it. The military created a special fluid that was sprayed with helicopters all over the island.
Now, most infected people are weak and move very slowly. But most importantly that this fluid destroyed the most dangerous type of infected - demons.
So now at night you can move much safer. Not long time ago a group of soldiers on their special mission found secret documents about patient zero,
who was the source of the virus. It revealed that patient zero was transported several times from hospital to hospital at the time of the outbreak.
A group of experienced stalkers who work with the military and have been in infected Chernarus more than once have been tasked with finding a patient zero and taking blood samples for research
as well as collecting all data about patient zero and leave Chernarus

Features
- Inventory (Virus X - Antidote, modified)
- Dynamic weather
- Day/Night cycle
- Toxic rain, which depends on the weather
- Story scenes
- Extended car driving (Camera shake when driving. The strength depends on speed and what type of surface you drive)
- Visual task-waiting function (Task starts when all players are in the task area)
- Custom task system
- Highly modified 'ravage' settings
- Custom loot system (Virus X - Antidote, modified)
- SP & MP compatible
- Compatible with JIP
- Save-game support
- Push object function
- Ability to drop an item from inventory (Virus X - Antidote)
- Post-soviet color correction

- 2 localizations: English & Russian

- Random start-location

Notes

- Not working on dedicated server

- In ARMA 3, loading mission from a save does not happen the way you think
- Correct way to load saved game: Go to lobby (Here you see players in slots), go back to mission list (Here you can see and select island), select Virus X - Patient Zero and press 'Continue' button
- Incorrect way to load saved game: Go to lobby (Here you see players in slots), press 'Continue' button
- Use correct way to load the game from a save. Otherwise you may get the slots lost
- Use J button to to open tasks

- There are 2 actions when you loot objects: First is from ravage mod, called ' Search' and second is Virus X, called 'Inspect'. So don't forget to check if this action is available
- It is recommended to enable music in your game settings
- Read briefing carefully
- NOT COMPATIBLE WITH ACE and other mods, which change the behaviour of AI (like ACE)
- Be sure you disable all not needed mods before you start the mission (Mission will be disabled if using prohibited mods)
- To avoid problems, it is recommended to run the mods in a specific order (See steam workshop)
- Recommended monitor settings: 1920x1080, 16:9
- Recommended In-Game UI settings: (UI Size: Normal)

- Be careful when pushing objects. Arma doesn't like when you play with its physics

- Don't forget to save the game before leaving the mission

- If host-player die - the mission will be failed

- If you're a client and you got killed, it is better to load saved game. Otherwise the slot is lost

- You can't save the game when you , for example: Driving a car, in a story scene or toxic rain is in process

- 3 players in cooperative mode

- Sometimes, when you load the saved game - an error may appear. This is some kind of protection against the uknown wind bug that happen on Chernarus. Just follow the instructions and you're good to go

Credits & thanks

Urban (Mission testing)
LinkinPunk (Script testing)
ALIAScartoons (Monsoon script, Tornado script)

Asaayu (Abandoned Roads script)

Screenshots

E6D97F475120AC7AE1DB1488F9A5B0AD2228F933

003A8EBC8FDEF32984CE2F1EA0C5CC2B62CC724F

34E1468A6E97016F387AE8B333C584CB2F9B8DB2

6FBFC4562B988C18B5059641D385830BBD0EB555

ECA65C5911E7378B14D59F1AC52005B48BED2E96

108254B0BC7F1B6702F57B838E356B0BF9E501F0

AD8424BFBFCCB600F21AC9AB9F1540EC5009BCE1

Requirements

CBA A3
- CUP Terrains - Core

- CUP Terrains - Maps

- CUP Weapons

- CUP Units

- CUP Vehicles

- Ravage

- PLP Containers

- MrSanchez' Headlamps

Download (Steam workshop)

Download (Armaholic) (Recommended)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Thanks. This is also my first open world coop. So any suggestions are welcome -)

• Like 2

Singleplayer is now enabled guys. Have fun and leave feedback 🧑

• Like 2

How come you didn't fix the scripts for dedicated? I don't know a single team that uses non-dedicated server?

@icebreakr There is no fix needed for that. It was just not made for dedicated server -) It is for host server to play with friends

• Like 2

On 1/16/2020 at 5:58 PM, jts_2009 said:

Singleplayer is now enabled guys.

What does that mean? We can start it as a normal SP mission, in Missions/<name> and save/load as a normal SP mission, or do we still have to jump through hoops as described above, with the lobby and all, wherever that is? Thanks.

@neofit With lobby thing it's for multiplayer only. Just download mission from armaholic (not steam workshop) and place it into ARMA 3\Missions folder

Gave it a try. It sounded exciting from the description, but there are too many quality of life restrictions for fun. From the 10 minutes I managed to endure it:

* You can save in SP, but not only there is only one save slot ("autosave.Arma3Save"), there are also many restrictions on when it can be used: you can't save in the car, not inside a house, only outside in (acid?) rain. Doesn't add anything to gameplay, on the contrary, it makes it frustrating, the antithesis of fun.

* You can't drive in 3rd person.

* You can't shoot when walking backwards, what we usually do when kiting zeds

* and the worst, what actually killed it for me: running zombies.

So, first village, 5 zombied Hussein Bolts around me, and I can't even kite. Not a mission for me unfortunately.

Just remembered:

* You have a GPS, but the key you have in the game settings doen't work

* Apparently you are a professional in a very important mission, but you went into a zone with without an extra fuel, so you start with barely a few pixels in your Skoda. I thought I'd play until I run out, they I'd see if I should continue depending on the scarcity of the important resources, but the running zombies decided for me :).

Gave it a try. It sounded exciting from the description, but there are too many quality of life restrictions for fun. From the 10 minutes I managed to endure it:

* You can save in SP, but not only there is only one save slot ("autosave.Arma3Save"), there are also many restrictions on when it can be used: you can't save in the car, not inside a house, only outside in (acid?) rain. Doesn't add anything to gameplay, on the contrary, it makes it frustrating, the antithesis of fun.

* You can't drive in 3rd person.

* You can't shoot when walking backwards, what we usually do when kiting zeds

* and the worst, what actually killed it for me: running zombies.

So, first village, 5 zombied Hussein Bolts around me, and I can't even kite. Not a mission for me unfortunately.

Just remembered:

* You have a GPS, but the key you have in the game settings doen't work

* Apparently you are a professional in a very important mission, but you went into a zone with without an extra fuel, so you start with barely a few pixels in your Skoda. I thought I'd play until I run out, they I'd see if I should continue depending on the scarcity of the important resources, but the running zombies decided for me :).

The most things you described is not from me. You probably play arma 3 not for long. You can shoot if you run backwards. Check your control buttons in game options. 

Running zombies: There are not much of them. You want only slow zombies? Then it would be running simulator. Fast zombies are here for difficulty. But even with them: This mission is too easy.

Fuel: If you could manage to read a big hint on mission start, you should know that there is 'Inventory'. And in your inventory are 5x fuel canisters. 

Saves: Yes. If you also could manage to read "Notes", you would know, where its not working.

3rd person view: Yes. This is for difficulty and other reasons.

For me it sounds like that you are just like a little boy who does not understand anything and then cries that he does not succeed

@LSValmont Thanks. No. Fallout UI is currently only for Fallout mission. Don't know when I'll finish it... 🙄

On 2/5/2020 at 12:43 PM, jts_2009 said:

The most things you described is not from me. You probably play arma 3 not for long. You can shoot if you run backwards.

If you could read, you'd see: "Joined: March 10, 2007". And no, you can't in your mission.

Running zombies: There are not much of them. You want only slow zombies? Then it would be running simulator. Fast zombies are here for difficulty. But even with them: This mission is too easy.

All I've seen were sprinting ones. Not fun. Brain dead creatures with rotting muscles having the coordination and strength to run? Does not compute.

Saves: Yes. If you also could manage to read "Notes", you would know, where its not working.

Yes, Einstein, I did read the notes. That does not make these idiotic restrictions fun.

3rd person view: Yes. This is for difficulty and other reasons.

If you played Arma 3 a bit longer, you'd know that these things are managed in settings, so each player can manager them on their own, instead of having some arrogant mission maker force his views onto them. Yay, I'm stuck inside a vehicle with much less situational awareness than in real life, of what a difficult challenge, oh what fun. Everyone is looking for a challenge according to his limited capacity I guess, heh?

For me it sounds like that you are just like a little boy who does not understand anything and then cries that he does not succeed 

Succeed at what, genius? In having fun in a crappy mission? Not wasting my time on that.

Look, you started personal insults first, so the general tone is now on you. I admit to making one mistake though, I misread:

On 1/14/2020 at 9:38 PM, jts_2009 said:

So any suggestions are welcome -)

I understood it as if a grown up actually meant it, not a kid who'd go all butthurt at the first criticism. Anyway, thread and user /ignored.

@neofit It was inadequate criticism.  All that you could not figure out - in some cases, this is your fault.  Everything is described and painted.  None of the people I played with had any problems with this.