when I use "BIS_fnc_playVideo" the sound of the video remains the same but the game skips the black screens of the video, 

Any solution??

Hello, welcome to the forums!

What do we mean by "the black screens of the video"? Effects implemented in the video alone or through the game as the video is played?

• Like 1

Ok that is weird  :scratchchin:

So the video plays as it should including sound and image and only skips some parts of the video scenes? All other video scenes are shown as they should? Sorry for repeating myself. When I say black screens I mean when the video plays normally and black screens is the effect of the video closing. Maybe however I am translating it wrong. 

• Like 1

In the video are many fade in and fade out effects, in the cuts between the scenes have a few seconds of black screen example: at the beginning there is a calm music and the scenes come in slightly in and the game just skips that part, I think the game doesn't  allow parts with only audio

(My english is rusty but I think you can understand)

• Like 1

Well to be honest I have never heard of such a thing happening again. For a quick and simple fix you can separate the audio from the video. Make the video without sound and play the audio via a trigger for example. Start the whole scene with:

cutText ["","BLACK OUT"];    // so as for the screen to go black

make the video start to play after some seconds so as for the song to have time to play. If the skipping of scenes happens in the video too you might have to do something more. Take the initial video and cut it into parts. Then use something like:

["nameOfVideo1.ogv"] call BIS_fnc_playVideo;
sleep 10;
["nameOfVideo2.ogv"] call BIS_fnc_playVideo;
sleep 10;

and so on. It is not the best solution but it will work. Maybe it depends on the program you use to edit the video in the first place because you can play parts of videos with only audio.

• Like 2

Hi, did you ever fix this issue? I've encountered the same thing. I have a scene that fades in and out repeatedly as if the player is passing out, but all of the black spaces in the video are just cut out, but my audio doesn't cut with it.