Sparker

[MP][COOP] Vindicta (Alpha)

I would love if ACE was completely optional rather than a requirement.

Other than that this is the most fun I've had in A3 since OLD MAN but this is Multiplayer and ultra optimized so it is far more impressive and daring than any official content currently on Arma 3.

Wouldn't be a surprise for me if Arma 3 Devs contact @Sparker just like they did with Warlords and talk about including Vindicta officially into future versions of Arma 3. (Since Arma 3's multiplayer scene in really its greatest selling point and Arma 3 could still sell a lot more copies.)

Hi!
You can play with ACE with disabled medical system now, which should ease things. Which other ACE modules you do not want to play with? Maybe we could make some minimal ACE reupload which adds only modules absolutely required to play this mission (cargo, lockpicks, and a few others).

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sparker said:

Hi!
You can play with ACE with disabled medical system now, which should ease things. Which other ACE modules you do not want to play with? Maybe we could make some minimal ACE reupload which adds only modules absolutely required to play this mission (cargo, lockpicks, and a few others).

In my opinion the mission uses so little of ACE really that there are viable scripted alternatives for the little you are taking from it.

In fact I will do the scripting and will send you a demo mission this week.

Lockpicking is used just for the vehicles or also for doors/buildings?

• Like 1

I would prefer to not reinvent ACE if big amount of people (if not majority of experienced players - that's what mission is aimed for) use ACE anyway.

We need  ace logistical thing a lot - it was planned that bots will be using same ACE cargo loading to transport their boxes and static guns, but I doubt it will happen any more.

So yes, I'd encourage you to not reinvent what should have been in base game already, just for the sake of reinventing things. This probably will take several times more time than you think it will. But it's up to you, I don't want to limit someone's creativity either.

Yes, lockpicking is used to lockpick vehicles only.

There is ace_gestures used somewhere as well.

Maybe you could have a look instead at what minimal ACE configuration could be made? We have an automated script which checks for ace updates and reuploads it with removed medical module, we could do same variant but which leaves only things required by VIndicta.

• Like 1

I don't use ACE, so I'm out .. shame really, as this mission looked really cool.

• Like 1

With ACE, it is really worth to try. I mean I only used those medical stuff.

But hey this mission can save in MP! 

It is like a CTI in slow motion where you need to prepare your war.

And there is one main thing here, we have something like a civil life. Needs cars driving around though.

I am curious how far this will get. After Dayz and Pubg this could be the next big thing...

3 hours ago, Muecke said:

I am curious how far this will get. After Dayz and Pubg this could be the next big thing...

Unfortunately we had to give up further programming on this project for this Arma, you can read up on the reason in this messagea few days ago:
https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/227302-mpcoop-vindicta-alpha/?do=findComment&comment=3414657

• Sad 1

It's a shame to hear this amazing project isn't being worked on anymore, though I encountered an issue with it. Player-spawned aircraft from the Debug menu seem to refuse to work, with the engine automatically turning off after <2 seconds of activity, and even if the chopper gets airborne it immediately goes to full damage and crashes? Is this a feature meant to prevent cheesing?

Hi, thanks for stopping by in this thread. 🙂

I do still work on the project occasionally, I just don't make new features for it. At least those which require lots of SQF programming. Bugs and crashes are still fixed, and minor tweaks are implemented. We continue expansion to support more maps and more factions. There are pretty massive change logs since we decided to wrap up work on the project. You can check change logs at our Discord page or here.

Regarding helicopters - they are locked until anti-air defenses are implemented. You can imagine that the guerrilla scenario is pretty pointless at the moment when you aquire an AH-64 attack helicopter, so helicopters had to be locked for now. At least until there is some more danger or cost to operating them.

Hello,
we've just released version 0.53 with various changes from multiple contributors.

Here is the change log:

# Gameplay
- Civilian boats now spawn in cities which have piers nearby, by @SomethingSimple
- Vehicle damage is now persistent, by @SomethingSimple
- Added vehicle repair object to build menu, by @SomethingSimple
- Disabled location discovery through enemy tablets
- Intel interception chance through citizens reduced by 50%
- Added toolkits to all vehicles

# Game mode initialization
- Added option to choose initial amount of outposts occupied by enemy. Default value is 35%, that's what has been hardcoded previously.

# Technical changes (mostly relevant to contributors)
- File reorganization: missions now reference code from a common place within pbo file, making them ~5megabytes smaller. Total mod size reduced from ~70 MB to ~20MB.
- Now the build script supports multiple missions for same map, making it possible to add multiple map layout variants for one map.

# Translations
- Simplified Chinese translation of all in-game texts by @=O.W.L.S=Nercon . Also the text was moved into stringtable, making localizations possible.

# Maps
- GM Weferlingen map was split into two variants: West and East, due to The Wall splitting the map into two parts
- Added Phuoc Tuy map markup by @YaksAreTheBaneOfSociety
- Added Nam2 map markup by @YaksAreTheBaneOfSociety

# Factions
- Added RHS USMC faction, by @SomethingSimple
- Added RHS USAF Faction with UCP camouflage by @Jasperdoit
- Added Eastern Germany military faction from Global Mobilization
- Added Eastern Germany police faction from Global Mobilization

# Fixes
- Fixed static gun spawn positions in buildings on sloped terrain by @SomethingSimple and @Sparker
- Fixed: cargo boxes spawning outside of police stations
- Fixed civilians giving intel on locations which haven't been built yet, thus leaving broken intel markers on the map
- Fixed enemies recruiting insane amounts of infantry
- Helicopter repair by AI was disabled
- Fix enemy commander being not aware of non-occupied outposts at game start, thus not willing to capture them
- Fixed forbidden area near Feres airfield by @Jasperdoit

# Other changes
- Location name was added to intel panel
- When enemy bots occupy a previously empty outpost, cargo boxes are added there
- Player's suspicion level is increased when he chooses several civilian dialogue options
- Drivers of unarmed vehicles will join infantry during attacks

• Like 2

Just wanted to thank you for the great mission (or mod). We have now after a longer break taken Vindicta to our dedi and played now Malden and Livonia. The mission is incredible. “Best time in ArmA series since FDFmod 1.4 on OFP!” was one of the compliments said after our latest five hour session in Livonia. It’s a lot said. I agree to that statement and argue that this mission is probably the most sophisticated, balanced, challenging, immersive and addicting way to play ArmA 3. With TFAR and LAMBS mods this mission is giving so much joy and challenge, it is hard to imagine a better way of spending time in ArmA. Vindicta is the first whole island mission that we have experienced since 2001 and beginning of the game series that really provides an enemy that acts according a logic the players can observe and predict. When intelligence tells you about a convoy, the convoy actually moves according to the plan. No magical spawning reinforcements, but actual logistical operations that can be attacked and interrupted.

Thank you! This mod is a masterpiece, and should definitely be part of ArmA 4 base game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello,

we have released version 0.54 at Steam Workshop. There are several minor changes and bug fixes, and a few pull request merges from contributors.

Full change log is below:

# General
- Override ACE cargo space of vehicles (to fix incompatibility with GM and maybe other mods/DLCs)
- Saved games are sorted by UTC time by @Br-ian
Note that saved games from old versions might be sorted incorrectly, but will be listed below new saved games.
- Added livonia firing range object into the building sorting, AI will utilize the wooden and concrete targets in the firing range script @SomethingSimple

# Maps
- Removed Nam2 objects from Unsung's Phuoc Tuy province map by @YaksAreTheBaneOfSociety

# Fixes
- PROBABLY Fix insane mission loading time on dedicated server when first client starts mission ('wait for host' screen). Please tell me if you see any difference regarding this issue.
- Fixed incite dialogue option not working
- Fix default playable unit at Anizay map
- Fixed Staszow map configuration error, which made this map not show in the list
- Fix RHSPKL map configuration error, which made this map not show in the list, by @Lazejun
- Fixed wrong build version showing in the mission instead of the proper build version

# Translations
- Russian translation by @igrik
- Czech translation by @VEVERUSKA

# Factions
- Added civilian faction utilizing RHS gear by @SomethingSimple
- Added police faction utilizing RHS gear @SomethingSimple

# AI
- Trucks with machineguns are properly utilized as combat vehicles by AI (reworked combat vehicle sorting) @SomethingSimple

# Technical
- Fixed SQF-VM validation tests not working at GitHub Actions

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is a very fun to play guerrilla scenario! 

I think it could be greatly improved with some changes (don't know if they are possible within the code limitations you alluded to):

1-I don't understand why building resources are collected in police stations. I think they should be collected in factories or buildings in construction. Of course you could be caught stealing them and be arrested, civilians could snitch on you and factories could be guarded or patrolled.

2-While I much prefer this incognito mode to antistasi, sometimes it creates weird situations. I can go to a building shoot some people hide weapons and everything is fine. Some time should be necessary to pass before you could go undercover again if you are near the enemy.

3-Dialogs could be improved with more options (with some utility, of course).

4-Maybe keep one policeman guarding prisioners and later take them to jail. It's way to easy to liberate them.

5-Civilians could drive between towns.

6-More civilians outside towns.

7-Something that would be nice here (it was also missing from antistasi) is some sort of an advanced start in case you are not in the mood to run the initial errands. Maybe start with a camp and some units and simple weapons and vehicles. 

8-Make many of these and other features in the game optional.

• Like 2

Hi, thanks for feedback!
About 3., what do you mean by dialogs? Do you mean dialogues with civilians or UI dialogs for interacting with mission systems (for instance, every UI window inside the game is a dialog)? And what ideas for options do you have?

• Like 1

Thanks. This is so much fun. Not complaining but here are a few observations. I'm playing on a high-end 6-core I7 desktop.

1)Tanoa has bad lag that increases and soon makes it unplayable. Other maps are fine.

2)ACE pick lock not working.

3)ACE vehicle engine repair not working.

4)AI can double-time patrol infinitely carrying a huge amount of gear and suffer no stamina effects.

5)Kill and loot an AI and you can't go 50m until the ACE stamina is in the red.

6)Stamina seems to decrease too rapidly if you are walking across level ground instead of walking on a road.

7)I'm not certain about this but I think that gear that is contained in a vest or backpack in a vehicle inventory is not always transferring from vehicle to arsenal.  I've made it a practice to unpack vests and backpacks directly into the vehicle inventory before transferring to arsenal and that seems to behave predictably.

8)ACE is hot garbage. Any chance of stripping it out completely?

EDIT: Never mind. I read back through the thread and saw that this fantastic mod is not going to be continued. What a shame.

Hi Andy, I don't know why you decided to cross post here from the steam thread if I have answered there a few days ago.
If you really want to talk we have a Discord server where we manage most of our comms, the link is in the first page of this thread or at the steam page, and you are certainly welcome to join there to talk to other Vindicta players.
Anyway, regarding ACE, if anyone else is wondering: it is modular and you can tweak most of the settings. You can also delete lots of .pbos from ACE folder and it will work without these parts. You can certainly delete the stamina and medical parts. Vindicta only needs the ACE Cargo, ACE lockpicks, and ACE gestures, and maybe a few more, but certainly not those which handle how your character behaves.

Recently a YouTube content creator HzzBo made a great review of Vindicta:

We don't have any video material of our own, but I think that if we were to create one, it would look like this 🙂 . If you ever passed by this page but didn't want to go through the wall of text in the first message, you can check the review to get an impression about our game mode.

• Like 1