ANZACSAS Steven

DisableAI Bug in Dedicated server

Has anyone had any issues with the Disableai = 1; in Dedi-server environment?

If i Disable this option or add the line into the decription.ext file no vehicles spawn in the mission.It may be dedi-server only issue.

Thanks.

Steve.

DisableAI = 1 (or equivalent in MP lobby) will disable all playable units (nil objects) until a player choose a slot.

That means all scripts referring to playableUnits (as command) can return an empty array [] until the first player has a slot. That also means playableUnits is not "playable units" but rather, in this case: "played units" or if you prefer, something equal to allPlayers.

See also initialization order.

So, check your script(s); when, where, why units can spawn or not.

• Thanks 1

pierremgi,

Thanks for your reply.I understand the disableai command.

The problem is when its applied to the description file or selected thru 3den the vehicles fail to create/spawn in the beginning of the mission.

There is NO scripted spawning,just the game spawn/creation at mission start.Its a strange bug ive never seen before.

The server is running CBA .I might have to disable/uninstall that and see if the problem persists.I have heard of CBA breaking missions but have never experienced it.

Thanks for trying to help pierremgi.:)

Anyone else seen this error before?

Could you be more precise?

Which "vehicles" are you speaking about?

What mods?

How to reproduce it?

What I can tell you, CBA or not, there is no problem with vehicles of playable units, even if whole crew is disabled from lobby.

• Thanks 1

The mod is NZDF mod  - unreleased.The vehicles are empty blufor assets for the players, with the respawn module sync'ed.I can see if i can make a vanilla version to share.

I am going to look into the CBA an give it a try with it disabled.I found out NZDF mod doesnt require CBA .It is on the server for another mod that can be cut from the list.

Thanx again m8.:)

I found the issue.

The problem is in the simulation manager module.Its not Dedicated server compatible.I am going to enable the dynamic simulation option in the target units.

Ill post again if this also does not work.Otherwise consider this post as the final solution.

pierremgi, Thanks for reaching out bud.

😎

• Like 1