Sign in to follow this  
Oldninja

Teaming in solo encounters - Yet again.

I've seen videos produced by other outlanders and I've read accounts of teaming on this forum.

Finally happened to me on Grontheim a couple of hours ago.

In the lobby I noticed a number of players with high end weapons. Didn't think too much about it as the encounter wasn't boosted and I was working on my headshot challenge and had not intended to do a lot of looting. Spawned into the absolute north of Grontheim near the APV's. Decided to trek South to the first 2 storey house and set myself a field of fire. Got there safely and positioned myself. Signal locator went off, no problem thinks i, I'll stick here until it goes again then move on.

Heard activity outside, loading of a weapon. So prepared for someone to enter. Two outlanders entered at speed knowing exactly where I was, and terminated me. Embarrassing easy actually.

Once I understood the situation, and the fact that I had been teamed. I decided to record the rest of the encounter following my killer.

The 2 guys with identical weapons scoured the area and looted very professionally. The signal locator went off and it became clear that all other outlanders had either been eliminated or we're heading off the map. The two guys meet up with another team member at the bridge where the drop had by now landed. They looted the area but left the drop untouched and then there was one final check of the signal locator. A slight pause ensued as they stood still a little way from the drop. Clearly the team member who has camped the signal locator passed on the message that the map was clear. The three at the crate made off to the South exits, presumably leaving the drop for the signal camper.

A very well organized team. Quite impressive actually but definitely not in the spirit of the game.

I have a screen shot of the miscreant who ended me, but have decided not to name the outlander, as it was clear that these guys do this kind of thing regularly and are unlikely to change their MO until some form of censure is applied to teamers.

The Devs really do need to look at ways of preventing this type of thing. How I don't know, as the answer is technically way beyond my limited knowledge of coding. But I'm sure there must be a way.

I know some of you more gifted outlanders relish the challenge of taking on a team, but to be fair it's not easy when there are teams as well organized as these guys clearly were. I'm no newby, but me and my soumi offered no real challenge.

Never mind, it happens to me almost every evening now, it actually starts at 11 pm. 
How does it show? It's simple: Even with the "random" procedure where the players can join in, it's usually already noticeable when one player buys 5 times better loot and another 4 times a better box, either blue or purple, from there I already think about it: do I go to the exit immediately and finish the round quickly or do I risk it? If I risk it, it starts with a player running to the detector and this one goes on 4 times in a row and this in shortest intervals, this player is usually only armed with a knife or a pistol, last night I shot at such a one and he just didn't move, he didn't even bother to shoot back, instead 3 more players came along and searched to the exact point where I am to kill myself, wow that's what I call real game art, they are probably still proud of it, at least I looked at the person who shot me and I thought an egg slipped out of my pants, everything goes strictly according to the system because first all the hiding places we all know on these photos are searched, of course with 5 times better booty you have a find of the century;-) then the safe is made clear and last but not least the box - what else can I say? 
It's not the first time that I have presented clear videos where you can clearly see how cheated you are and I thought about writing something about this topic again - maybe I will create a video about it but you know what the funny thing about this story is? 
It would be so easy to end this cowardly way of playing and you just have to remove the detector completely I mean who needs it? To be honest it would even increase the game's appeal and I think there would be more firefights, I mean not knowing where who is at the moment would be really nice.

Then you'd have to remove the problem that if someone gets shot, the player would have to keep watching to see what he's doing, I just mean that you can pass on information about who's where, honestly, if I get shot I can't watch anybody after that, can I? If you get shot, the game should be over and you should find yourself in your hiding place again without being able to watch anyone else. 

That would be two very simple points that you would only have to remove, detector away and watch after killing away that would dam almost everything so that it remains fair, honestly what chance do you have if 3 players are chasing you? If you're good, you can do one, you're very good, two, but that's it

Xaphan,

Good point about the signal locator. Things worked well enough before it was introduced.

If the Devs feel it's worth keeping then how about making it single use. That would make using it much more tactical and stop teams using it every 2 minutes to locate other outlanders for their team mates to despatch.

1 hour ago, Oldninja said:

Xaphan,

Good point about the signal locator. Things worked well enough before it was introduced.

If the Devs feel it's worth keeping then how about making it single use. That would make using it much more tactical and stop teams using it every 2 minutes to locate other outlanders for their team mates to despatch.

Yes exactly right, the problem is recognized by us, and I say it now quite frankly and honestly: The complaints because of this way of playing that accumulate in the meantime, the description of how it is done with others is almost no longer different, the process is always the same, now I ask myself why all this is ignored?
Instead of being helped to solve the problem you get a muzzle and all of a sudden hard rules apply which you should consider here, I understand the supporters that it is annoying at some point, and you must not forget that the rules of the game do not state that team building is forbidden, but you should do something about it, there is not for nothing the option team or solo! 

To end this stress why not take care of it? It doesn't make sense to me why there must be hundreds of thousands of people complaining your idea wouldn't be bad either.

Remove detector.

Detector can only be used once per player

Observation after killing remove dead is just dead and not look further like Casper.

The exits wider make perhaps and only the exits, perhaps more possibilities for escape make possible so that one cannot be intercepted by 3 players what also professional camper finally times from it would prevent the whole play over like Bello the dog in the bushes to wait until times someone comes no offense but camper are beside team players like scabies at the ass.

I am really convinced that this game could be the best game ever.

We try, with my friend, to identify teams in the lobby. It becomes like a game.

When I writed my closed thread, it was after some really bad sessions. No luck I guess. And as I'm reading you, it's not over.

In fact, the last time was yesterday, on Grontheim. I decided to go far north west to check the radar. Guess what, 4 players in the safe house, no other players. 2vs4.

The crate was blue, at least, purple maybe as we heard a final sound when we saw the map.

After my radar raid, I came back to my friend. We wanted to fight this time, to try something. We were near the air drop and then someone make the radar and start shooting. We heard it but I was far, safe from that.

And then my friend told me "they're acting, fooling us", he saw 2 guys running almost on me, he killed them both, and we escape with the drop. Perfect.

The story will say that the blue/purple crate was green... But it seems to be another issue.

So I understand what you say about the radar, but I have to disagree, we need it in that unnormal situation. I made it just in time to see 4 pings in the same house, it saved us. 

The thing is, if someone spam the radar, then we have to kill him, or being prepared. It sounds like a challenge right ? 

"Survive 10 expeditions 2 VS 6 for a diamond crate".

I just understand why you make such a drama out of the fact that 4 people have formed a team, apparently you also hang out with your boyfriend in solo mode as a team, I'm not surprised that you're not enthusiastic about removing the detector, do you really need it? Wouldn't the thrill be higher and better not to know what to expect? If this goes on as it is, I'm not surprised that there will always be people forming teams and all the players will be sharing locations and their point of view, what if these 2 people had flattened you? Would you still be do enthusiastic then? Look I don't know why people who play in teams don't just use the tram mode where other teams are, why do you think such people play in solo mode,

In my eyes these people can't play the game at all - they're not experts at anything, they need help and protection when capturing, they need help to get the box, they probably need help to go to the toilet, if they were playing alone they wouldn't be able to do anything.

I don't know how they always manage to form teams in solo mode, apparently there are ways and means to make it work otherwise so many people wouldn't complain, would they? Someone wrote me the other day that we could form a team in random mode, then I keep getting party chat invitations, and I'm sure there are still some people behind the door who make this possible, the fact is that something has to happen otherwise I don't know what to do and the number of players would increase in 3 to 4 weeks

Just to clarify my thinking on the signal locator.

Yes it is a very useful tool to outlanders who are confirmed solo players, but it is also an extremely useful tool for outlanders who team. Therefore to stop it being abused by teams make it work as the safe does.

It can only be used once per encounter and to access it you need to wait for the same amount of time as you do for the safe to open. A message also appears advising other outlanders that the signal locator is being accessed. Therefore if anyone is close they have the same opportunity to get to it as they currently do when the safe message appears.

Any thoughts?

First I liked to play this game and enjoy it much now its just waste of my time. Last thing was "seasonpass". I bought it earlier and surprise surprise what (joke) its free now for these who didnt bought it earlier. When someones use real money and  most of get it free its bad think. Zero compensation for buyer is something what makes players unequal. This Teaming reason is last thing I Have played Wot much much earlier and sure its definitely better game without crappy unfair updates. 

So keep up pissing players..

19 hours ago, Xaphan Misanthrop said:

I just understand why you make such a drama out of the fact that 4 people have formed a team, apparently you also hang out with your boyfriend in solo mode as a team, I'm not surprised that you're not enthusiastic about removing the detector, do you really need it? Wouldn't the thrill be higher and better not to know what to expect? 

Ok, apparently, you misunderstand few things. I'm playing duo, but you maybe read my closed drama. I should wrote it above in my post. But I'm playing with A friend. Oh, my friend. My buddy. "Mon pote", in french.

What do you have in mind when you write boyfriend ?

So, no, I'm not playing solo, teaming with another player. I'm playing DUO MODE. You know it ? 2 vs 2 vs 2 vs 2 on Grontheim or Battery.

I'm already playing this game with the great unexpected thing. Thats why we love that kind of game. But you maybe understood something else ?

Completly remove the radar to fight against this teaming issue is NOT a solution. No radar on the map wont change that unexpected 2 vs 4 or 5 on the next corner. "such a drama" you'll say ! 2vs5 is so easy, then 1vs4 and i'm a red threat. 

7 hours ago, Oldninja said:

Yes it is a very useful tool to outlanders who are confirmed solo players, but it is also an extremely useful tool for outlanders who team. Therefore to stop it being abused by teams make it work as the safe does.

It can only be used once per encounter and to access it you need to wait for the same amount of time as you do for the safe to open. A message also appears advising other outlanders that the signal locator is being accessed. Therefore if anyone is close they have the same opportunity to get to it as they currently do when the safe message appears.

Any thoughts?

I could like once per player, but maybe not changing the conditions of using it. As you write it, someone on the radar gives his position to everyone.

Most of the time, 2 teams (4 players), wont camp the radar, they're just together. They don't even do it, if they're far. So will it change something at all ?

The 2nd use could be longer instead. We would hold the button longer as we use it. But does it make sense ? Changing good and simple things to a nightmare because of cheaters ? 

you see, then that's cleared up, then you should write next time that you are in the duo mode but I'm talking about the solo mode and the team building there and that maybe you should remove the detector there in solo, lucky on buddy

The story with the clipboard for example is another one where I wonder why such a bug is not fixed?
How long have you had this clipboard bug? It's really annoying to have a wooden board in front of your mask all the time, and many people have complained why in God's name do you take the time to change it?

I have been playing for a bit now, I did a trial early on and didnt buy the game because I was heavy into rb6 siege. About a month or a little over it I got back into this game, dealt with the glitches and bugs. Always seen people complain about teaming and I never even dealt with it until tonight, I dont understand why people do it, is it because you are new, terrible, or just like ruining games for others? I'm being legit on that question too, I'm not salty over it, each time I took one of the group of 3 or 4 out and it got the group upset so I had a good laugh. I had insurance so it didnt really get me mad. 5 straight games now, i can now understand why people post on here about teaming so much. I dont know how others play but I've learned it's always shoot first because you encounter someone there is no reason to risk getting killed so I assume always to shoot. So these have to be pretty much premade groups. They always rush signal locator as well. I guess having a 3 or 4 v 1 isnt easy enough, which is sad in itself.  The type of player that if I get outplayed or I get dropped by a nice shot I will always send a message saying GG and say nice play or something like that. If I get salty about a death due to glitch or something I just leave and dont say anything. 

But with this happening all night it's really annoying and I can see why some left the game or dont enjoy it as much. I'm not quitting or threatening to quit, I just hope you guys can sort this ordeal out because even though it was rare for me to encounter it seems like many others deal with it quite frequently.  This game is one of the few I really have a blast playing even if I dont win, almost every game is different.  But I just cant handle the fact I have to continually get 3 or 4 v 1 and someone camping the signal to let the others trap someone. Personally,  I liked the trial when no signal was around, I prefer the paranoia style play and thinking through strategies out of the place I'm at if I get dropped on by another player. With 3 and 4 v 1 you may get a couple of them but you eventually get overwhelmed.  Please look into the issue and figure something out because honestly this is ruining the game for a lot of players and it's starting to get irritating dealing with it now as well.

• Like 1

On 1/7/2020 at 12:19 PM, Oldninja said:

Any thoughts?

Once per encounter wouldn’t work based on the rng nature of spawn too many people would get screwed due to bad spawns however I do feel once per person could be viable 

As a founder I stopped playing the game just over a year ago and only returned in the past week to find the game much improved. One of the main reasons I stopped playing was the teaming in solos so why is it still going on? It did bring a smile to my face at the time when the suggested remedy for teaming was the introduction of duos looks like that did not work. Although the new additions to the game got me hooked  to the game once again the fact that cheating in the form of teaming is still going on means I think I'll leave again... or is there a fix on the near horizon?

1 hour ago, Raggit said:

As a founder I stopped playing the game just over a year ago and only returned in the past week to find the game much improved. One of the main reasons I stopped playing was the teaming in solos so why is it still going on? It did bring a smile to my face at the time when the suggested remedy for teaming was the introduction of duos looks like that did not work. Although the new additions to the game got me hooked  to the game once again the fact that cheating in the form of teaming is still going on means I think I'll leave again... or is there a fix on the near horizon?

Introduction of duo just created teaming in duo. We should not separate solo and duo on that point.

Yesterday, with my teammate, we were maybe lucky. We identified 2 players in the lobby, not in the same team but same numbers after their gamertag, like xxxxxx52 and xxx52.

We were behind a rock, 30 meters between us and we saw them. 4 players in a perfect line searching for us just after the radar. As we moved and took position, we were on their side. That was like... Beautiful. It's rare to see a complete 4 players team so close from each other.

So we start shooting first. And its maybe our first clean victory 2vs4. Was hard but F*** them, what else could we say after killing the 4th ?

2vs4 is unfortunately not rare these last weeks. It sounds like a challenge and we succeed last night, but it won't happen everytime.

Bad thing we're use to take care of that every damn game.

Wouldnt it be helpful to disable PartyChat in Solo and Duo and just add an Ingame Chat for the 2Players that are in one Team?

This would be a great idea mescot if the devs wanted to NOT encourage teaming though I guess the players who aren't able to compete would just use mobile/cell phones or even smoke signals to be able to continue to communicate ingame.

Noticed a few threads about solo teaming though I have a bigger issue with teaming in duos as usually play duos so that's what I notice more