dlegion

ACE3 new medical full heal script [needed]

hello guys, in my mission at HQ i had a little medical area with a trigger that was full-healing both for vanilla and ACE3 mod.
with the medical update of ACE3 few days ago, it no longer works.
anyone know what is the script to use to full heal ?
thanks !

To fully heal a player you use 

[player] call ace_medical_treatment_fnc_fullHealLocal

Now if you wanted a trigger to fully heal anyone that enters you would use a foreach loop in the trigger, so you set the trigger to repeatable, triggered by any player and then in the activation you'd use 

{_x call ace_medical_treatment_fnc_fullHealLocal} foreach thislist 

• Like 5

Sorry to necro an old post, but how would you do this so that an AI medic heals any unit (player or AI) who activates the trigger instead of it just firing the function and healing? This works like a charm, and would still force units to travel to designated areas for a full heal, but for immersion's sake, it would be cool to have an actual medic perform the full heal, ya know? 

• Like 1

I haven't used triggers in a while and have no clue how exactly ACE AI handles the medical. There might be a more robust way which utilizes ACE's own functions more efficiently but the following should work.

If you were to write a function for the whole thing, it could look something like this.

_medic doWatch _activator; // Medic AI turns towards the activator (dunno if doWatch is the best command here.)
_medic playMove "somehealinganimation"; // Run some treating animation on the medic to simulate him doing something
sleep t; // where t is the time of the animation in seconds. Just check this beforehand from animation viewer
[_patient] call ace_medical_treatment_fnc_fullHealLocal; // do the healing just like before

Now this doesn't check e.g. for the distance between the patient and the medic and you still have to figure out a way to set the correct unit as patient. I don't remember if triggers have a simple way to return the unit who activates it (the patient). If not, you'd also have to figure out a way to set that.

• Like 1

Thanks, P1Ker1. This does kinda set me in the right direction I believe. Honestly, so much of my struggle with scripting isn't even the actual writing, but knowing which commands to use, and I never do lol.