Hi

Im really new at this, Im trying to make a heli land and then take off again and move away, 

The idea is to have a heli extraction at the end of my mission.

Ok so far, i make a heli, i give it a move waypoint  and then a land waypoint on top of a invisible helipad, that works

Heli takes off moves to move waypoint then lands then takes off again and moves off to next waypoint.

I even put in a slight delay on the land waypoint to give players enough time to board. Im sure theres script to keep heli on ground until all players are on board but im not bothered with that just yet

Anyway, as soon as i start playing with triggers to make the heli take off thats when it stops working

Heli just hovers wont land...... 

If i start all over but with no triggers it works again, what am i doing wrong with the trigger?

I want a player to activate when the heli takes off and comes extract you....

Any ideas? preferably really simply solutions :)

Ok well this seems to work for now

I start the heli in the air, give it a hold waypoint, and then the land waypoint on the invisible helipad, then the trigger is set to skip waypoint, i sync that to the hold waypoint which makes the heli move on to the land waypoint and this time it lands and the takes off again .... wow lots of playing around

Can also use the waypoint condition to monitor for a true condition.  Change the default "true" condition to something which returns true once all living team members are boarded.

On 1/3/2020 at 8:33 PM, opusfmspol said:

Can also use the waypoint condition to monitor for a true condition.  Change the default "true" condition to something which returns true once all living team members are boarded.

That sounds interesting going have a look at that thanks for the help...

Possible solution that works for me:

Name Chopper Heli1

Name invisible Helipad Land1

In the waypoint for the landing:

Heli1 LAND "Land1";

Create a TRIGGER for Radio Alpha and sync it to a move waypoint also on the invisible helipad just after the landing waypoint (these two waypoints need to be almost on top of each other).  Then add your other waypoints after these two critical ones.

This should have your Chopper (Heli1) land at the invisible Helipad (Land1) and then wait to move until you access the Radio Menu and activate Radio Alpha.

As as side-note:  I use a small piece of code that calls in the Extract Chopper when you deploy Smoke (color of your choice) within a designated radius of the extract location (invisible helipad).  I have included the info below to add into a new triggers condition field.

((count ((markerpos "CheckSmoke") nearObjects ["SmokeshellGreen",50])) > 0)

The above code has an invisible marker called "checksmoke" and if a green smoke grenade goes off within 50M of the marker it will fire the trigger.

In the Activation field of the same trigger:

hint "Green Smoke Seen - Extract Chopper is inbound";

Give it a 5 second trigger delay so the smoke has time to take effect. The checksmome code was not my code but I use it all the time 🙂

I hope this helps 🙂

26 minutes ago, reaper lok said:

In the waypoint for the landing:

Heli1 LAND "Land1";

No. check syntax for land. You can't specify a peculiar helipad. You land on the closest available (or a safe position if any).

10 hours ago, pierremgi said:

No. check syntax for land. You can't specify a peculiar helipad. You land on the closest available (or a safe position if any).

I have never had any issues with the LAND command in the waypoint.  The set-up has the waypoints directly over the invisible Helipad in question so it should use that (nearest available helipad) anyway 🙂

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/land

6 hours ago, reaper lok said:

I have never had any issues with the LAND command in the waypoint.  The set-up has the waypoints directly over the invisible Helipad in question so it should use that (nearest available helipad) anyway 🙂

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/land

Not saying there is some difficulty in waypoint or helipad. Just saying:   helo1 land "land1" is not a correct syntax.

Spoiler

Land1 is an object (helipad)

"land1" is a string referring to... nothing

The correct syntax is : helo1 land "land",  where "land" is one of the allowed landing mode. By chance the command should have a default one...

In other world, you don't need to name your helipad.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/land  😉