Oldninja

Response to locked thread.

Also, a quick primer for those who don't pay bills. I have had the same ISP/TV company for years, yet they offer x number of months free for new users or free channels. When I purchased my car, it was offered a few thousand dollars cheaper less than 6 months later. Amazon has offered free Fire Sticks (after I bought one), Vodafone gave me free airpods (after my son had paid full price for a pair). I paid full price for Ylands, now it is a F2P game. 

The point that I am trying to make is that Vigor is a free game. Companies are entitled to change their business model at any time. The money you may have spent (of your own volition) essentially funded continued development of a project that you otherwise wouldn't have. 

I was one of the first people to buy Arma 3 (before it was released) and paid an insane amount for it, but my contribution and those of other supporters helped develop the game we know and love today. 

Finally, I am not a BI employee, I am a community volunteer moderator, meaning, I do this in my free time and have no loyalties to Bohemia or their products.

Good points well made, but like lots of things in life, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and also the right of reply.

I respect other people's opinions even when they don't agree with me. I also make every effort not to get personal in my comments when people do disagree with me.

I happily paid 16 pounds and 99 pence for the privilege of playing Vigor, and have contributed to future development by buying crowns.

In my view loyalty is a 2 way street, and if your still using the ISP/TV company, car dealership, Amazon etc then maybe you should look elsewhere for a better deal next time instead of wasting your hard earned cash on companies that show you no loyalty.

It's also clear in your comments that you do have lots of loyalty to Bohemia and their products. Paragraph 3 would tend to contradict your comments in the final paragraph. So neutral you are not.

As it is now apparent that BI have no intention of providing any crumb of compensation, I feel this subject has run it's course. So to demonstrate your new found 'neutrality', please find some reason to lock this thread and hopefully end the fruitless debate.

Then we can all get on with playing the wonderful game that Vigor is, safe in the knowledge that future development costs will be covered by those outlanders who feel that BI's actions in offering the free pass, so soon after previously loyal Outlanders had paid for it, was totally justified. 

Unfortunately I do not, and will not contribute further.

I have no issue with battlepass being paid or free.  I do think it's an issue for Bohemia to do both and to not address it.  Kinda like when the game went from paid to free, they at least offered a compensation for those who paid. Whether it was adequate or not is a different point, but at least it was addressed.  It also seems like an unwise way to do a roll-out of a new feature.

It seems like a legit point of discussion, I see no reason for a moderator to lock the discussion as long as the language is reasonable and discussion doesn't devolve into trolling.

• Thanks 1

I had locked this thread with the intent of composing a thorough response to your concern. However, your response (by repeatedly violating our rules and creating a THIRD thread) has quashed that. If you're not going to abide by our rules, I'm not going to waste my time trying to explain them to you. 

So, once again, our rules, in particular:

Offensive content, flaming, privacy

Material that is overly sexual, graphic, obscene, racist, or otherwise overly discriminatory is not permitted on these forums. Any material which constitutes defamation, harassment, abuse or slander, towards developers, staff or users, is strictly prohibited; this includes the Personal Message service, do not post private messages or user pictures. Flamebaiting is not allowed. Please do not post any personal or identifying information such as postal addresses, IPs or UIDs.

Follow the instructions of the moderators

When a moderator or BIS staff member asks you to do something or to stop doing something, please follow their instructions. If you have questions/complaints/comments about the board or moderators please PM them to a moderator, we will do our utmost to reply to any that we receive. If you have an issue that you feel cannot be solved by another moderator then please PM the head moderator ( @Nillers ), he will be happy to look into the matter.

No public discussion on how the forum is moderated

If you have questions/complaints/comments about the board or moderators please PM them to a moderator, we will do our utmost to reply to any that we receive. If you have an issue that you feel cannot be solved by another moderator then please PM the head moderator ( @Nillers ), he will be happy to look into the matter.

https://forums.bohemia.net/guidelines/
https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/54604-forum-rules/