Animals on the map, which may be used to collect food.

Perhaps bears, moose and wolves.

Would be very interesting for me and some with whom I play VIGOR.

Spoiler

Tiere auf der Map, wodurch man eventuell Nahrung sammeln kann. 

Vielleicht Bären, Elche und Wölfe. 

Wäre für mich und einige mit denen ich VIGOR spiele sehr interessant. 

Edited by Dedmen
Translated to english.
  • Like 2

Animals in the map would be a great idea.... in a post nuclear world aninmals would be normal in cities too.....

so they could randomly walk through the maps.....

when i think about it:

there are many directions in wich this could be developed so as a quest or an achievements in the shelter.....

(for example 20 animals shot and you can create a bearskin for the floor or a moose skull over the entrance.......)

• Like 1

Are we thinking animals like in farcry?

Where your super sneaky looking one way and then a cougar attacks from another? Or you run after your enemy while an angry bear runs after you... haha .. cool idea but Vigor I believe has a very fine line between what it is/was and some fort-build-nite c.o.d. nightmare that it easily could be.

This type of game isn't something we've seen much of, aside from maybe the pc game Ecape from Tarkov. 

That said, would love some new interesting "agendas" in game like this as long as core game values are retained..

No i don't think at farcry.

In Farcy there are way too many and way too aggressive animals

But like the hidden treasure one or two mooses walking randomly through the map would

be a nice addon to the game, i think.

• Like 1

Any idea which add some Pve could be good. We don't need a lot, like 1 bear and 2 wolves. That could be great moment to use a knife, if we want to be silent.

Not against variety, but the problem would be that soon everyone would know the spawn locations for these animals, and outlanders would either take them out from distance or wait for an other outlander to engage them, and take the outlander out while he was busy.

Take the stash for instance, there are maps all over the net. I go to the nearest locations to where I spawn, and if I'm lucky I'll take it or camp it depending on the options for setting up an effective field of fire.

Another fun activity I quite enjoy is camping the stash to identify teamers (if I suspect their in the lobby I take a screen shot). If your getting a little fed up with grinding for XP and you find the stash. Camp it for as long as the signal detector doesn't expose you, and you will occasionally see teams of 2, 3 and up to 4 sharing it out. Another screen shot or video, then you can put names to the miscreants! Obviously if the signal detector goes off twice while your there, take it and move on.

That's in solo by the way, and it keeps me interested anyway.

I’d like to see animals in the shelter area but I don’t see the value of it in encounters at least in the shelter it’s just fleshing out the background to look cooler and maybe then they sorta come up to you but let’s not turn vigor into deer hunter simulator or a pvp/pve hell @cougars😂 

I thought of Birds sitting in the Trees or on the Ground which fly away if u run or shoot near them. 

Could be nice on the Big Maps.

Could prove helpful by warning of nearby outlanders.

What about a convocation of Golden Eagles circling above dead outlanders.

Would be another way of estimating how many outlanders are left on the map, and present an opportunity for some easy looting!

On 2/7/2020 at 12:46 PM, Oldninja said:

Could prove helpful by warning of nearby outlanders.

I thought something like that would be cool. In the beginning I had wondered if the dog barks you hear were doing that but I guess not.

I also think it would be interesting if the sound of animal steps could be confused for outlanders. You think somebody's coming at you and a deer pops out instead.

4 hours ago, Gutter Yuppie said:

I thought something like that would be cool. In the beginning I had wondered if the dog barks you hear were doing that but I guess not.

I also think it would be interesting if the sound of animal steps could be confused for outlanders. You think somebody's coming at you and a deer pops out instead.

I was wondering this myself, there has been a few occasions since the update in which Ive heard the wolf howls and seen an outlander either coming from or in that direction if I had towards it.

Maybe coincidence?

It's also fun when a wolve howls and your audio makes the wolve sound firm the right and there is only ocean at the right 😂 underwater wolves are a thing in vigor

I think that’s a great idea. Make it quite a random occurrence. As in random spawns if it all. And not too many animals in one game.

Like mentioned above, X amount of pelts could be crafted into decorations for your shack or clothes to wear.

Interesting food for though 

Not necessarily a bad idea but they’d have to program ai and pathing And we still don’t have 100% functioning basic game. I guarantee you this will never happen

I can see like 1 bear at the top of a mountain.   He scares players that get to close to it and players remember where "The Bear" is, not a whole bunch of bear just ONE bear.   +100 food.   But the bear would die in like 1 rifle shot to the head or body not like fake video game bear that take 500 shots.

Deer that run through town count as +10 food.

Hungry dog that attack you or chase you barking annoying you so players can find you.  (maybe if you bring the annoying dog to a dead animal he will eat it if you dont kill him and then follow you silently and chase a new player barking?)

Pidgeon that counts as +1 food.

A fishing game for back at base the player can play to get +food

On 2/6/2020 at 5:20 PM, Civilian5902 said:

n't need a lot, like 1 bear and 2 wolves

Animals are a must in my book. Both in the shelter area for extra food and for encounters for all the above.

The animals can be randomized to keep them from being farmed for loot in encounters. The random hidden caches work well to offset the mass of people running to the barred house safe's. The animals can also be used as camper deterrents at exits and cliffs. Eagles/condors/bats/bees swarming at cliffs would announce a sniper better than the shine of a scope in some instances. Several large bears and wild dogs/wolves would be the pack deterrent against teamers in solo mode. The game could code to detect just about any type of activity, just needs a reason to add animals when it 'senses' specific activity. There are already some birds in-game that swoop and dive near the cliffs, so why not add more?

As for shelters, I don't see why we also can't develop tracking/trapping/hunting skills, added to gain extra food for donation crate rewards. These rewards cost in food are rather steep for new players. (We could finally eat more than rats and lettuce.) Could also find recipe's in villages to enjoy cooked food in the shelter. (odd we don't have a stove in the kitchen) And we could make leather packs/clothing if we upgrade to a sewing machine. (Heck, just to have bed covers would be great to see in the shelter... ha!) Could also have binoculars and scopes at places on the decks to "watch" migration/habitat patterns of animals across the water areas, in order to hunt better/increase skills. Same for recording seasons/moon/stars to know when to plant the right food if we find a farmers almanac in the villages. Best of all, build a fishing area, a large pulley system to use a net for fishing bundles of small fish, and fishing poles for large fish. And also use that lame non-broken boat to drop crab/lobster traps. Why do we have a smoke house with fish fillets in it if we can't use it to gather more food resources?

Personally, I'd love to see gold panning at the shelter creeks. Upgrades would require knowledge of panning, and smelting from books in villages. Builds would develop the area to find a gold seam which could eventually be dug to produce more gold nuggets. Building smelting forges would force longer duration's to acquisition, so it wouldn't be over night gold like the antenna. This would be good though for level 13+ shelter add-ons, and definitely add to our very under producing antenna gold.

Well, that's just me and my thoughts.... More activities in the shelter area would be great!

Edited by Teamksa
added thot for smoke house...

Ive brought this idea up so many times in the past but people wanted Mortars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!😂🤣😂🤣

Indeed, the idea of animals being added to the game has been brought up plenty of times in the past 🙂 however, we've mentioned on our streams and social media pages that we would not be adding animals or wildlife into the game, as it would be too difficult to implement, and it also does not match our vision for the game. 🍅