Reezo

Streaming the whole ArmA 3 campaign and DLCs for charity!

Virtual Tactical Operator

Hello everyone!

It's been quite some time. I guess most people here won't recognize me nor should they.

I'll go straight to the point: I am going to stream the whole ArmA 3 campaign and scenarios from all DLCs, to raise funds for charities and causes you and I believe in.

I work with a bunch of very talented people here in Berlin. This startup I am in features some incredibly selfless and resourceful people that are willing to make some change happen in the world. A couple of months ago we brainstormed a new project that - on the side - involves video games and streaming. We are all gamers in the team but our work does not directly relate to games, although some of the people in the team (myself included) do work to develop content that ends up being used for companies, outside of said startup.

It took my friends more than one Moscow Mule, a trip to Praha for some good beers and maybe some Bratwurst (you can't just drink, right?) to involve me in the project. Each one of us has a game that got picked by others.. and they picked ArmA 3 for me. Now, it took them time to persuade me because after my long-term and passionate involvement with ArmA 2 and Operation Arrowhead, I took a massive break from gaming and ArmA in general. I've never - don't laugh - even watched a video about ArmA 3.. maybe 20-30 screenshots to this date, in general. Even if I had ArmA 3 gifted to me as soon as it came out. I guess I needed some time off, in addition to my life taking some pretty big turns.

Anyway now, driven by some not-so-happy happenings in the life of a dear couple friend of mine, we decided to act and so.. I said yes.

I've spent the last couple weeks building my new rig and - with the help of @Groove_C @oldbear @Tankbuster @HaseDesTodes in here and many other people who wrote me on Reddit and privately... I am *almost* done. I must thank my colleagues and the people "from the upper floor" as they provided me with hardware that, honestly, would have not been so quick to acquire.

You can take a look at the rig and my battle station, here or below..

https://imgur.com/gallery/FQB3T4x

Spoiler

HCuopnx.jpgIM2k6RX.jpg

cojd2Jd.jpgRZUexah.jpgCyi2OoV.jpgoDrVEcM.jpgJB3IPyx.jpgiahukEx.jpgKPVTJiF.jpg

What are the specs of your rig?

I started with this rig:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Processor

Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX X470-F Gaming ATX AM4 Motherboard
CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240 RGB 69.34 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Thermal Compound: ARCTIC MX4 4 g Thermal Paste

Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB CL14 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital Black NVMe 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 750 GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: Asus GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB STRIX GAMING Video Card
Case: Phanteks Evolv X ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Thermaltake Berlin 630 W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit
Case Fan: Thermaltake Riing 12 RGB 40.6 CFM 120 mm Fan
Case Fan: Thermaltake Riing 12 RGB Triple Pack 40.6 CFM 120 mm Fans
Monitor: Acer Nitro VG270U 27.0" 2560x1440 75 Hz Monitor
Keyboard: Das Keyboard Model S Professional Wired Standard Keyboard
Mouse: SteelSeries Rival 110 Wired Optical Mouse

And then I had the opportunity to change the motherboard and CPU, not because I had to but because a friend/colleague who was streaming a different game asked me if we could do the swap.. his game would benefit from the multi-core AMD and he told me ArmA 3 would be equal if not better on the Intel.. so my rig was updated to: (I highlighted the components that changed)

CPU: Intel i7 9700k
CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 360 RGB 69.34 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 AORUS MASTER

Thermal Compound: Deepcool Castle 360 RGB AIO Built-in spread (included on the plate already)
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB CL14 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital Black NVMe 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 750 GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: Asus GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB STRIX GAMING Video Card
Case: Phanteks Evolv X ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Thermaltake Berlin 630 W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit
Case Fan: Thermaltake Riing 12 RGB 40.6 CFM 120 mm Fan
Case Fan: Thermaltake Riing 12 RGB Triple Pack 40.6 CFM 120 mm Fans
Monitor: Acer Nitro VG270U 27.0" 2560x1440 75 Hz Monitor
Keyboard: Das Keyboard Model S Professional Wired Standard Keyboard
Mouse: SteelSeries Rival 110 Wired Optical Mouse

If you are interested, I did benchmark the two rigs to compare how they did on ArmA 3:

How to watch/follow the stream:

Get on Twitch and follow me on Twitch.tv/OperatorReezo

(Replays will be available in the future)

What to do, when to do it:

You don't have to do anything but it will be great if you join and actively participate. I'll be playing the campaign and I have NEVER seen it, even launched it once. So that's gotta be pretty funny indeed. We'll talk about tactical decisions, lore, context, back-story, role-playing, AI, glitches, bugs, things I will do really wrong and so on and so forth. It should be fun and also ArmA is so unpredictable that it won't be like many other streaming sessions around.

How I would like to expand this, in the future:

If this project takes off, I'd be happy to stream bigger scenarios with people online, recording everything from multiple "helmet cams" and then doing a post de-briefing analyzing what happened and how. We can join forces with fellow map makers to prepare missions that allow one "eye in the sky" to gather data that can be used for the de-briefing, plus all the recordings from players (their "helmet cams"). The way I see it in my head.. it's gonna be pretty cool!

Why today?

It's been exactly 10 years since I joined this forum. That's why.

Do you have a Twitch account as well?

Let's follow each other! I am totally new there.. I can use friends!

Are you going to talk about your rig and discuss PC builds as well?

As a geek, you bet I'll do it. We might swap some parts together and see how things explode.. I mean, work for the better!

You play war games and then raise money against war?

I do. I am a very peaceful person and believe that this world could be much better, without much effort. Unfortunately the simplest things are the hardest to achieve and even if I am very lazy, I gotta admit the past few years made me get out and do more. I am not a hero in this world nor am I a role-model for anyone, I don't pretend to be one but I know I am going just a bit further out to make this world a better place than it is now. I am a Star Trek fan, that also probably plays a part in how I've always seen things.

Where to find more info on this initiative and gifts for supporters:

Patreon

Twitch

Twitter

How to donate:

Using this PayPal link

Through the patreon.com/vto

Using this QR Code

imlfOze.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Lovely rig, glad to be of help. Please keep us informed what you are up to. 🙂

PS, It's your account decade anniversary today. Welcome to the club!

13 minutes ago, Tankbuster said:

Lovely rig, glad to be of help. Please keep us informed what you are up to. 🙂

PS, It's your account decade anniversary today. Welcome to the club!

Thanks Tankbuster! Happy to be back here. Yes, it's ten years today! It kinda got me thinking "what was I doing on that New Year's Eve of 2009?" - not a big party person, I guess.. Cheers!

• Like 1

Going live quickly in some minutes! Just hanging out and testing settings in Twitch, bring beers!

Ooh I just watched some ArmA 3 videos for my first time and I can't wait to play.

UPDATE: Test completed, the campaign is getting closer to start. Thanks for tuning in and lurking while I was doing .. stuff!

Thanks everyone for joining the first episode and dress rehearsal!

Also thanks to the people who donated, we have a bit to go until end of the month to support #australiabushfires - we can make it!

Remember to subscribe and don't miss the next episode, in which I will launch ArmA 3 for the first time and set it up. Looking forward to do it with you!

Y8pVMcH.png

Today is the day! I am going to run ArmA 3 for the first time in my life, set it up and customize it!

Calling all ArmA experts, enthusiasts and veterans who are willing to help.. this is going to be exciting!

1700 hours UTC

twitch.tv/OperatorReezo

(Picture: twitter.com/@destprism)

EN1hw5DW4AEIxlL?format=jpg&name=large

Y8pVMcH.png

Did you just miss me opening ArmA 3 for the first time in my life?

My reactions, my thoughts, my mistakes, my excitement and the first bootcamp mission?

I got you: here's the replay.

Join me and let's do this!

https://twitch.tv/OperatorReezo

..and as predicted, I got to "Tipping Point". My TL is taking me somewhere and nothing happened. I remember I got warned by some of the brave people in the audience of my stream. How to fix this without cheating? :)

..EOCUEYJU4AEjfwz?format=jpg&name=4096x409

EO0bCuXW4Ac1ewa?format=jpg&name=large

Here comes my next and biggest fight to date:

EO02lsGW4AEOJPZ?format=jpg&name=large

If you've missed my opening talk on the subject, you can watch it again, here:

For those who have asked about my system specs and tests, here they are gathered all in an IMGUR post, for easy referencing and archival:

• Like 1

Some sweet updates during testing. This is a fun clip!

I am going to be live on Twitch this weekend, talking about the three mods that I am about to release through VTO:

• Improved Grenades
  • Urban View Distance
  • TacVis

I'll be showcasing, playing, testing, coding!

Follow me and don't miss out: http://twitch.tv/OperatorReezo

ERzVTv_WsAw-gtX?format=jpg&name=large

thanks to JAS Black Ops Helmets for the amazing base in-game shot!