I am proud to present my new mod for Arma 3, in a (hopeful) series of alternate universe planes. the F-201 Sparrowhawk, a retextured To-201 Shikra for the NATO Faction

ArmA_3_Screenshot_2019.12.30_-_16.49.52.

Download: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1952473306

Backstory

The F-201 Sparrowhawk is a fifth-generation, single-seat, twin-engine, all-weather tactical fighter jet. The aircraft was designed by a venture between two American companies, with the goal to build a highly agile and maneuverable air-superiority fighter. The F-201 also has ground attack capabilities, and is able to support various weapons configurations via its conventional pylons, but also its internal weapons bay. The program was marred by accusations of technology theft by the People's Liberation Army Air Force (PLAAF), with claims by criticis that the technology behind the F-201 was used in the J-181 Tiger Hornet.

Features

• Two reskinned Shikra's for the NATO faction
  • Two liveries available in the virtual garage, Camo and Grey
  • Zeus compatability

Credits

• Polpox for helping me out with virtual garage stuff
  • Krytera on A3 Hub for suggesting this

NOTES
A BISIGN key is included for those wishing to add the mod to their server or modpacks.
Alternate livery only available in the virtual garage.

Rc5nvMB.png

This mod is covered under Arma Public Licence (APL), if you use the content of my mod for your own modifications, please ensure that i am publically (and visibly) credited.

• Like 4

Spoiler

20191230165515_1.jpg

20191230171130_1.jpg

5173CCFE951EECB180F8D28631271C2492C5266A

1DE615E491A0067500886954B1B88ED7CB1D7382

17F835182EF81855369801EE2CB29C9225E12EBA

357936B5A2E41A1078B75D5B75F32748FF3A0EA4

Disclaimer: F-201 Sparrowhawk is not capable of carrier landings

Edited by Anthrax01
Add media

UPCOMING

I am currently working on an update that changes the missiles the F-201 uses, from the Opfor missiles to Blufor missiles. I expect it to take my a bit of time, but not too long. 

unknown.png

unknown.png

One funny thing i found was because the NATO missiles sometimes have double racks, and with the superior AA missile capacity of the Shikra, you can truly create a SPAMRAAM platform. 

• Like 3

It says navy... But has no arrestor hook?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 1/1/2020 at 5:48 PM, Ex3B said:

It says navy... But has no arrestor hook?

Unfortunately CarrierOps compatability requires animation sources for the tailhook, of which there is none to my knowledge, so idk use your imagination. 

Edited by Anthrax01
minor correction

UPDATE

Changelog

VEHICLES

• Planes now use NATO weapons instead of OPFOR weapons
  • Planes now use a new base class (won't matter for players, just makes things easy for me)
  • Preset dynamic loadouts added

MISC

• Editor Previews added for the planes

The loadouts available for the non stealth varient is as follows

Spoiler

unknown.png

The stealth varient loadout wise is effectively the same as the non stealth varient with the exception of the wing pylons. 

• Like 1

20200103000623_1.jpg

F-201 dodging Russian S-750 missile battery, Finland. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Anthrax01 said:

Unfortunately CarrierOps compatability requires animation sources for the tailhook, of which there is none to my knowledge, so idk use your imagination. 

I know, it makes it hard to give CSAT a decent ship based air superiority fighter without just doing a reskin of the BW, or porting something from A2 and reskinning+ changing the model and giving it an animation (I did something similar with the buzzard, *cough* I mean the test plane from the arma 3 samples)

So given that the shikra is not suitable for ship operations and can't be made to be in a believable manner (you could make it vtol, but thats not believable given the model)... Why not just remove the word "Navy" from the texture?