fat_lurch

Helocasting & Kangaroo Casting

Update 2020-02-22:

Added - Support for Legion Studios' LAAT per request

• Like 1

A idea of mine would be that you add support for French Mod Casa aircraft,sence it has such a big cargo hold and if you could make WP be made as a paradrop one ,you can probably make them eject the team on its own.

If you set the helo to indestructable ,you will save it when it lands on water.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, john111 said:

A idea of mine would be that you add support for French Mod Casa aircraft,sence it has such a big cargo hold and if you could make WP be made as a paradrop one ,you can probably make them eject the team on its own.

If you set the helo to indestructable ,you will save it when it lands on water.

I can definitely look into adding support for that. Would you mind posting a link to the addon?

Regarding waypoints: I had developed the waypoint system about a year or so ago and it was working well in local testing. I need to dust it off and test it fairly rigorously then I can push it out for this addon.

I have a solution planned for the helicopter surviving water landings. I'm leery of just making the helo indestructible because of the invulnerability to external fire.

I had written a custom damage handler so that the helo wouldnt take damage, but the crew & passengers were still drowning.

My plan is to overwrite the rate at which the helo takes on water in the config. This would wind up being a compatibility patch specific to RHS.

Thanks!

Update 2020-03-29:

Changed - All helos have Helcoast enabled by default (this allows Zeus spawned Helos to load boats, etc.)
Changed - Added longer delay after last jumper before telling the helo to gain altitude

• Like 2

Update 2020-03-30:

Fixed - Error preventing boats from loading from Eden setup
Added - Support for FFAA CH-47
Removed - Holdover diag_log debug code

• Like 2

Update 2020-04-06:

Added - Compatibility patch for the RHS CH-47: Steam Workshop Link

This resolves an issue where opening and closing the RHS CH-47 ramp would detach/reattach the boats inside the helo (this is part of their paradrop cargo system).

With the boat detached from the helicopter, an explosion is pending, because ARMA.

I plan on adding a configuration change to the RHS CH-47 so it can float for more than 2-3 minutes without taking engine damage and drowning the crew.

• Like 1

Update 2020-04-07:

Added - The compatibility patch now prevents the CH-47 from being damaged by floating on water (the aircraft would be destroyed after floating for about 3 min, 40 sec).

• Like 1

Shot in the dark, but I wonder if your fix for preventing water damage could be applied to sea-planes and sea-choppers? I have some aircraft in-game that I really want to get them taking off or taxiing on water, but they tend to explode with the tiniest droplet if the speed is too fast. Is there is a config line that I'm missing in my mods, I wonder?