fat_lurch

Helocasting & Kangaroo Casting

6 minutes ago, CW4 Carrera said:

We use the G variant upgrade which is a revamped Hardcore version. Like i said its not a big deal if its to much work its not worth fixing. >>https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1704536223

OK, so I just tested it with the upgrade and I'm still able to pilot the boat in. Have the boat driver watch the right row of seats - you want to setup so the inboard edge looks like a straight up and down line - that's how you know your alignment is on.

20191229175655_1.jpg

Update 2019-12-29:

Added - configuration changes so characters trigger splash effects at a velocity of 6 instead of 8 (It's stupid but it bothered me in some of the still images I had taken 🤣).

When casting with players, in cargo and flying the helo. (Dedicated Server). Is the Helocast option that the pilot uses supposed to auto kick out the players in the back like it does with the AI, using the specified animation?

Also have you considered allowing the RHIB to be castable? (If that makes sense being balanced against realism)

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, -ben- said:

When casting with players, in cargo and flying the helo. (Dedicated Server). Is the Helocast option that the pilot uses supposed to auto kick out the players in the back like it does with the AI, using the specified animation?

Also have you considered allowing the RHIB to be castable? (If that makes sense being balanced against realism)

Yes, The option is supposed to kick out all non-flight crew. 

I've been looking at the RHIB recently - it *looks* too big to fit in anything, but I haven't given it much real thought.

Update 2019-12-30:

Added - Ability to choose boat type to be spawned in Eden

Fixed - Missing NATO Boat from Eden options
Fixed - boatCoords for RHS CH-47 series

• Like 1

10 hours ago, fat_lurch said:

Yes, The option is supposed to kick out all non-flight crew. 

I think this might not be working. I have had to manually eject each time when doing this on dedicated server with full player controlled process.

3 hours ago, -ben- said:

I think this might not be working. I have had to manually eject each time when doing this on dedicated server with full player controlled process.

I can look into it. Which aircraft were you using? You had human pilot and passengers, no AI?

Thanks

5 hours ago, fat_lurch said:

I can look into it. Which aircraft were you using? You had human pilot and passengers, no AI?

Thanks

Both RHS CH-47 and CH-53. With human in cargo and human pilot. No AI about. Running on dedicated server. 

42 minutes ago, -ben- said:

Both RHS CH-47 and CH-53. With human in cargo and human pilot. No AI about. Running on dedicated server. 

One more thought: were you in the same squad as the pilot? That would cause an issue.

On 12/29/2019 at 9:00 AM, Ripcord1994 said:

Is there a way to make it so you only helocast troops without the boat?

I had an idea on how to do this: when someone selects Prep Helocast, a dialog pops up that allows users to select parameters of the helocast:

How many boats (0-2)

Which jumpers (all non-flight crew or just the user's squad)

I'm also thinking of adding a water checker override - this would allow helocasting on rivers. The engine doesn't treat rivers as being over water.

I'm trying to figure out a way to hide prep helocast when its not useful. I haven't figured out what to do just yet.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, fat_lurch said:

One more thought: were you in the same squad as the pilot? That would cause an issue.

Yes we were in the same squad as it was just a few of us testing it out. 

46 minutes ago, -ben- said:

That's the issue. That's one of the current limitations of the system. I'm working on a better implementation.

For now, so long as your pilot is in a separate squad from you then it should all work.

How would that work with the konyo mh-47? It has the the exit location inside the heli and requires the passengers to walk out the back. Could we get an option to disable the auto kick and/or the special animation?

9 hours ago, CW4 Carrera said:

How would that work with the konyo mh-47? It has the the exit location inside the heli and requires the passengers to walk out the back. Could we get an option to disable the auto kick and/or the special animation?

For Konyo's MH-47 I defined a custom point by the ramp.

I have a variable called jumpOffset that I associate with each aircraft type during initialization. I use the eject point by default and evaluate if an offset is needed during testing.

That offset is relative to the eject point. In the case of Konyo's MH-47, it's a fairly large offset.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, -ben- said:

I have some new functions that will handle this better on next release.

The logic will be either all non flight crew (based on which seat everyone is in) or all non flight crew that are in your squad. By having the two functions it should be possible to helocast two different squads with two different boats at two separate drop locations with one helo.

The limitation in this instance is that if someone hops on an M134, as an example, they're considered flight crew and they won't be part of the helocast. If they go back into a cargo seat just before the jump, they'll be non flight crew again and will be helocast with the rest.

The function will also handle firing from vehicles positions ala the ramp on Konyo's MH-47 Ramp version.

• Thanks 1

Nice job. Glad i was able to provide feedback to get this improvement. 😄

• Thanks 1

This is pretty bad-ass Fat Lurch.  And your rapid turnaround on features is impressive.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

This is pretty bad-ass Fat Lurch.  And your rapid turnaround on features is impressive.

Thank you very much! I'm making the best use of vacation away from work, haha.

1 minute ago, fat_lurch said:

I'm making the best use of vacation away from work, haha

🙂 Right on, I totally get that.  I was pretty ARMA productive myself the last 3 weeks!  It felt good.

• Like 2

So development has been slower than I was hoping but I'm finally making a little bit of progress on the double helocast feature.

Users will be able to configure a "jump plan" which determines which groups just with each boat. Users will also be able to perform a "single" helocast and then setup another later at a different location.

• Like 4

Update 2020-01-12:

Added – Dual Boat Helocast Support

Changed – Helocipter will fly at 10km/h now instead of 8
Changed – Moved Helocast commands to bottom of the list to get them farther from Engine Off, Eject, etc.
Fixed – recoverCRRC: restore aircraft to last known altitude instead of 50 meters
Fixed – recoverCRRC: use rampDoor function in lieu of old code
Fixed – Prevent AI from turning in mid air during jump

I've also noticed an issue where the boat automatically is detached from the RHS CH-47 series when a user uses the manual Open Ramp action. I'll be releasing a patch to address this and the fact the RHS CH-47s "leak" water too quickly and are become disabled after floating for more than ~3 minutes.

• Like 1

Had a test with the latest version on dedicated server and ran into a few issues. 

1. The load interface seems to be client-side. I.E When i load a boat into an empty helicopter in the aft section, other players see the boat get loaded but if they go into the interface to try and load another boat, their interface doesn't see the boat that i loaded. This happens with unloading as well, the interface isn't updated across clients.

2. When trying to recover two boats, the first boat can be successfully recovered into the helo (RHS CH-47) and the crew of the boat gets recovered and placed into the cargo seats then the boat is moved up to the fore position , however when trying to load the second boat after driving it inside there was no secure option. 

We didn't have time to test deploying two boats from a chopper yet.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, -ben- said:

Had a test with the latest version on dedicated server and ran into a few issues. 

1. The load interface seems to be client-side. I.E When i load a boat into an empty helicopter in the aft section, other players see the boat get loaded but if they go into the interface to try and load another boat, their interface doesn't see the boat that i loaded. This happens with unloading as well, the interface isn't updated across clients.

2. When trying to recover two boats, the first boat can be successfully recovered into the helo (RHS CH-47) and the crew of the boat gets recovered and placed into the cargo seats then the boat is moved up to the fore position , however when trying to load the second boat after driving it inside there was no secure option. 

We didn't have time to test deploying two boats from a chopper yet.

Thanks for the feedback Ben!

I'll try to get these issues resolved - I'll be a little delayed because I'm waiting on a replacement motherboard.

A question: were you running helocast on the dedicated server as well?

2 hours ago, fat_lurch said:

A question: were you running helocast on the dedicated server as well?

Yes. 

• Thanks 1