johnnyboy

p3d file path for HeadMeat1 and HeadMeat2

I'm guessing there are .p3d files for meat effects you see when hit by large caliber or explosion.  Does anyone know the the path to the P3D file?  I'd like to create simple objects to have a permanently usable meat chunk.

Those effects are created by a particle source. There is a path to the following model: "\A3\data_f\particleeffects\universal\meat_ca.p3d". Creating it as a simple object does not work though. Creating it as intended, as a particle effect, does work. Therefore:

Meat fountain

_emitter = "#particlesource" createVehicleLocal (player modelToWorld [0,2,0]);
_emitter setParticleParams [["\A3\data_f\ParticleEffects\Universal\Meat_ca.p3d",1,0,1,1],"","SpaceObject",1,2,[0,0,0],[0,0,2],1,22,1,0.05,[1,1],[[1,1,1,1]],[1],0.1,1,"","","",0,false,0,[[0,0,0,0]]];
_emitter setParticleRandom [0,[0,0,0],[0,0,0],0,2,[0,0,0,0],0,0,0,0];
_emitter setParticleCircle [0,[0,0,0]];
_emitter setParticleFire [0,0,0];
_emitter setDropInterval 0.15;

This also explains why there are different sizes of meat chunks depending on caliber.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, 7erra said:

Meat fountain

Haha,  "meat fountain".  That is messed up, hence, I like it!

However its not working for me.  I pasted that code in the console and see no effects.  Its not throwing any errors, but I see no effects.

Also, you are right that this particular .p3d doesn't work as a simple object.  😞

Imma be honest I have no idea how particle effects work. I used the 3mitter Editor mod to create a particle effect with the parameters from the config (configfile >> "CfgCloudlets" >> "Blood2"). The script does work for me (classic) and this should be the result:

sw8aJEv.gif

During my research I also looked at the mod Blood Lust by Xorberax. He is using actual models which he created for the mod which then get created when a unit is hit. The new object is then set into motion with the velocity commands. This might be less perfomant than a particle though.

EDIT: My god I have just seen your BBQ script...

On 12/22/2019 at 2:41 AM, johnnyboy said:

Haha,  "meat fountain".  That is messed up, hence, I like it!

No surprises there 😜

• Haha 1

I stumbled on a meat.p3d file that works for createSimpleObject.  This creates a small permanent meat chunk:

bob = createSimpleObject ["a3\data_f\ParticleEffects\Universal\Meat_ca.p3d", player modelToWorld [0,2,25]]; 

This page has many .p3ds you can try with createSimpleObject.  Not all of them are visible though.  Note that the objects are usually created underground, which is why I have a 25 z value in the above example.  So check the pos of the object after you create it to see if it has a negative z.  Then setpos the object with a higher z value so you can see it.

• Like 2

On 12/21/2019 at 11:32 AM, 7erra said:

Creating it as a simple object does not work though.

You need to drop leading slash in the path for cSO to work. Actually something worth improving in the command

• Like 2

Ah now I see the difference 😃 I was wondering why my code didnt work but @johnnyboy's did...

• Like 1