TeTeT

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod 3.0G - Golf Released !!!

As a newbie here, I just want to say thank you for this amazing mod. I've downloaded the Dev build and can't wait to spend all weekend on it! 😀

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just a detail:

all classes "uns_A1J_navy" type have a tail hook but, all (configfile >> "CfgVehicles" >> "uns_A1J_navy..." >> "tailHook") are set to 0 instead of 1.

If you can fix that, one of these  days... (I'm using it for sorting aircraft with hook or not).

Thanks

EDITED:
The jets are more gliders than irons! It's almost impossible to make them land, even at throttle to 0. Totally unrealistic. On comparison, same jets (F4 Phantom as example) don't have the same gliding ratio and/or drag with SOG Prairie fire (unique model!).  Is there something that could be done? Unsung is the best mod for all Navy aircraft, with various models. That could be a must to make them a little bit more realistic about aerodynamic, adding or modifying their config data.

on A7-Corsair not work weapon camera (L.Ctrl+RBM), on other aircrafts work normally. is it a bug?? or you swith off this camera on this plane?

On 6/11/2021 at 6:40 PM, ShaKodemon said:

on A7-Corsair not work weapon camera (L.Ctrl+RBM), on other aircrafts work normally. is it a bug?? or you swith off this camera on this plane?

Hi there yes it's been disabled, as have all other planes that never had the capability during this time period. Targeting pods/cameras were in their infancy during this time and only very few planes had the capabilities to carry them let alone use them. 

On 6/1/2021 at 4:11 PM, pierremgi said:

Just a detail:

all classes "uns_A1J_navy" type have a tail hook but, all (configfile >> "CfgVehicles" >> "uns_A1J_navy..." >> "tailHook") are set to 0 instead of 1.

If you can fix that, one of these  days... (I'm using it for sorting aircraft with hook or not).

Thanks

EDITED:
The jets are more gliders than irons! It's almost impossible to make them land, even at throttle to 0. Totally unrealistic. On comparison, same jets (F4 Phantom as example) don't have the same gliding ratio and/or drag with SOG Prairie fire (unique model!).  Is there something that could be done? Unsung is the best mod for all Navy aircraft, with various models. That could be a must to make them a little bit more realistic about aerodynamic, adding or modifying their config data.

Tail hook issue I can do not a worry. As for the F4s that's a bit trickier, I noticed the same issue and but I've not had too much trouble landing even on carriers and I've watch countless times of AI landing as well. When I get a chance I'll revisit the flight models again and see if we can do anything. 

3 hours ago, snoops_213 said:

Tail hook issue I can do not a worry. As for the F4s that's a bit trickier, I noticed the same issue and but I've not had too much trouble landing even on carriers and I've watch countless times of AI landing as well. When I get a chance I'll revisit the flight models again and see if we can do anything. 

Yes thanks, that could be fine!

Deck landing an F4 🙄 should be done at 1/3 to 1/2 throttle, never at idle!

Spoiler

Note:
As ex french aircraft carrier pilot, I can say that roughly the landing speed is close to 1.1 Vstall (vs 1.3 on airfield). So the aoa is higher and the trick is:

keep the glide with power, keep the speed/aoa with stick! That seems counter-intuitive but the fact is you must not run after latency/inertia.
On french deck, the pilots used to deck land, always manually (no automatic landing, except recently on CVN Charles De Gaulle).

• Like 2

On 6/1/2021 at 10:11 AM, pierremgi said:

Snoops, I would suggest looking into the F4's envelope and adjusting its curve in config.cpp. Telling from the description, it seems to me that there's too much lifting caused by incorrect values in the envelope. Also, I would look into flaps if they don't create too much lift/drag too (a default value of 0.3-0.4 is just fine). You could also look into drag created by landing gear and speedbrakes and make them higher a little to compensate for unrecognizable lift. The last thing to look at might be inertia factors. However, since AI fliers can land the plane with no issues, I would recommend cautious changes. It's relatively easy to create semi-realistic FM eg. with aplane correctly reacting on crosswind on approach, but it doesn't mean AI pilots would be able to fly the plane ever again 😉 
Oh, it's also worth noting that inheritance may bring some values from the inherited config you are not aware of.

On 6/13/2021 at 8:25 PM, snoops_213 said:

Hi there yes it's been disabled, as have all other planes that never had the capability during this time period. Targeting pods/cameras were in their infancy during this time and only very few planes had the capabilities to carry them let alone use them. 

and how to drop bombs from this plane? on HUD no indication too