TeTeT

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod 3.0G - Golf Released !!!

Hello,

this is a hotfix for Unsung: 3.3 Golf. We had to fix some issues with shadow lods on the uniforms immediately after the 1.98 patch of Arma 3 landed. Thanks to londo all the uniforms were patched in short time. 

There are also other improvements in the mod: The CH-46D and CH-53 Medevac now have the ability to use a rescue basket hoist system, this system is available via SAR option from the combat radio transport channel as well. It is somewhat experimental. The M577 vehicle has now two litters that are usable. The master rearm option for the F-100, A-4 and A-7 planes were fixed, somehow they ended up with dual seats in the previous Unsung version. More work was done on the Commando's driving behaviour. The UH-1 Helicopter gunners searchlight now look into the direction of the gun. The S-5 rocket pods on the MiG-21 are functional now. The M113 Engineering vehicle rear/brake lights were fixed. The M61 cannon use by AI was improved. The broken textures on the berets were reverted. And finally some script to prevent the A-1 and AC-47 from rolling were put in place, highly experimental currently.

We hope you enjoy the hot fix and the updates!

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=943001311

https://tetet.de/arma/arma3/Download/unsung/@unsung-3.3.golf.torrent

Update video: 

Edited by TeTeT
add video
  • Thanks 6

Hi guys, 2 questions
-Can you increase radar range on jet fighters to 15-20km, with range 4km it's really hard to find somebody in sky (or it will break the gameplay of your mod?)
- Can you add the ZSU-57-2 with usual HE shells, now on the ZSU-57-2 I can’t hit the infantry, because when I shoot HE shells, they (shells) disappear or disappear and explode high high in the sky (like in  POOK Sam script )

• Like 1

hey unsung team i was wondering if the camo faces could be made in to a separate mod? i would love to use them outside of NAM scenarios /missions.

Unsung 3.4 Golf is now live on the Steam Workshop (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=943001311) and torrent (https://tetet.de/arma/arma3/Download/unsung/@unsung-3.4.golf.torrent)

Changelog:

Unsung 3.4 Golf changelog

June 2020

Added:
Vehicles:
Improved (read working at a basic level) AFM for helo fleet

Fixed:
Buildings:
Small hangar open now collapses when damaged, no long indestructible
Vehicles:
Broken textures fixed thanks to pboproject
CH-46 fixed face ordering and main light emission
CH-47A Ambulance fixed position of main lights, added ambient light prototype
Rescue basket passenger is now cargo instead of driver, makes it compatible with ACE loading
H-13 cockpit glass transparency improved
F-4 improved for better AI usage and more
MiG-21 improved for better AI usage, especially ground targeting
M-113 engineer tree clearing uses 2d distance now, clearing large tree (t_ficus_big_f) more efficiently
M274 typo fixed
M113 transport proxies fixed
Units:
Mines, Satchels and Traps can be placed in inventory again
PBR Units now can have shoulder patches
Scripts:
Replaced more execVM with spawn/call

Enjoy,

TeTeT

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5

Thanks for your hard work!
I've just downloaded via the torrent.. A Shau Valley has no props whatsoever. No foilage, no buildings.
And seems like some other maps miss them aswell 😕

On 3/16/2020 at 6:47 PM, TeTeT said:

Scripting wise, the custom music option for missions and addons was improved further, now working with JIP players and the sounds config of the range is now taken into account when playing back the music. Also this video shows how to edit a mission to sport your own music on the Huey: https://youtu.be/n2rciHP55uA

You can find an update video at https://youtu.be/Wph566S5J3s

Enjoy!

you dont know how much joy this brings, being able to spam music is a gift.

My only drama, can music be played by passengers or only pilot ?

I use a lot of AI support for transport ect and would like to be blasting Fortunate Son whilst terrorising some poor farmer but cant seem to do it as a passenger 

THANKS !!

10 hours ago, ksp95 said:

you dont know how much joy this brings, being able to spam music is a gift.

My only drama, can music be played by passengers or only pilot ?

I use a lot of AI support for transport ect and would like to be blasting Fortunate Son whilst terrorising some poor farmer but cant seem to do it as a passenger 

THANKS !!

Hi,

thanks for the kind words. Right now the music playback is only available to the pilot:

"alive _target and player isEqualTo driver _target"

There is a good reason for this: if I allow any crew member to play the music, I need to add some mechanism so only one song is being played. Not sure how to implement this, as it's not quite clear to me how to check if the say3D that is being used is still running or not. In other words: I see your want in SP missions, but I do not know how to make it work reliably in MP.

Cheers,

TeTeT

• Like 1

On 8/29/2020 at 9:40 AM, TeTeT said:

Hi,

thanks for the kind words. Right now the music playback is only available to the pilot:

There is a good reason for this: if I allow any crew member to play the music, I need to add some mechanism so only one song is being played. Not sure how to implement this, as it's not quite clear to me how to check if the say3D that is being used is still running or not. In other words: I see your want in SP missions, but I do not know how to make it work reliably in MP.

Cheers,

TeTeT

Is the script available so that I can add it to individual vehicles through init ?

Thanks

On 8/31/2020 at 10:40 PM, ksp95 said:

Is the script available so that I can add it to individual vehicles through init ?

Not really. The code you need to adjust is:

{
	private _maxDistance = (getArray (_x >> "sound")) # 3;
	if (_maxDistance isEqualTo 0) then {
		_maxDistance = 1000;
	};
	[_helo,
		[
		format ["<t color='#199bf0'>~ %1</t>", getText (_x >> "name")],
		"[_this # 0, _this # 3 # 0, _this # 3 # 1] call uns_mbox_fnc_remoteSay3D",
		[configName _x, _maxDistance],
		false,
		true,
		"",
		] ] remoteExec ["addAction", 0, true];
	diag_log format ["Added music %1", getText (_x >> "name")];
} forEach uns_customMusicConfigs;

This is best placed in a postInit function where uns_customMusicConfigs is already present. _helo needs to be the helicopter and you need to adjust the condition to something like 'alive _target and player in crew _target'. Good luck,

TeTeT

Dear Unsung community,

as of today we are launching the Unsung 3.5 "Golf" patch which has some new features to try such as the new Dak Pek map which is currently in beta and awaiting community testing by team member {E-Z}Johnny.D, Parachutes (note that the opening animation is known to bugged at this current time) as well as some bug fixes and texture updates/fixes. We're looking forward to more in the future and getting feedback from this latest update.

Thanks. -The Unsung Team.

Torrent: http://tetet.de/arma/arma3/Download/unsung/@unsung-3.5.golf.torrent

Steam Workshop: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=943001311

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Damn,  Santa Claus is way too early this year. I'm a sucker for Unsung, and I'm really thankful that you guys keep working on this amazing mod and adding new stuff besides fixing bugs and whatnot.

I did not expect to see a new Unsung map for Arma3 to be honest. You guys giving us a new huge playground  to have fun with is the cherry on top of the cake! And it's based off the Kontum province and the Central Highlands along the border area, which is all I could have hope for, for a new Vietnam map. 

Anyhow, the new map looks  freaking great! I can't wait to build and play some missions on it. Time to cancel everything I had planned for this weekend I guess, lol.

You guys are the best! Thanks a ton for your hardwork and for sharing it with the community!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Dear Unsung community,

the Unsung 3.6 Golf update is now available on steam workshop https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=943001311 and via torrent https://tetet.de/arma/arma3/Download/unsung/@unsung-3.6.golf.torrent

An update video is available at 

Special thanks to simcardo and Justin.N from Service and Supply mod for their uniforms and equipment!

The full changelog, also available in the download and from https://tetet.de/arma/arma3/Download/unsung/docs/unsung_3.6g_changelog.pdf

Spoiler

Unsung 3.6 Golf changelog November 2020

Added:

- Units:

- Service and Supply uniforms and equipment donated by SnS mod

-  1st ID, 25th ID, Marines 65 and 68 converted

-  Early BDU in arsenal converted

- Vehicles:

- Added push back function to grounded boats

- Properties:

- Allow traps to be placed around sniper trees via Eden attribute - Trap placement randomized upon mission start

Fixed:

- Maps:

- Dak Pek improved

-  Updated mask and sat map

-  New villages and hamlets

-  New trails

-  Different tree composition in rain forest

-  Foot bridges raised

-  AI improvements for bridges

-  Fixed reported bugs

- Vehicles:

-  F-4 carrier landing

-  F-4 WSO eject

-  CH-47 armor increased

-  Improved sensors use by planes and AAA systems, add sensors to Pook_SAM

-  Add Firewill’s decals to UH-1 variants

-  Add buoyancy lod to Jeep, so they sink in water and stop floating

-  XM-706 Patrol rear gunner view operational

-  Fix shadow lods for grenades in Huey gunships

-  Fix shadow lods for Huey gunships

-  Change OV-10 Bronco guns, add gun reticle

-  Improve A-4 and A-7 wheels

-  Remove arma 2 style radar from F-105, A-3, F-100, F-111, F-4 and MiG-21

-  Fix nose wheel turn on C-1

-  Fix O-2 gauges at night, illuminate now when engine is on

-  Reduce clipping of rear seats in M-113

-  Fix CH-53 get-in/get-out memory points and compartment change

- Weapons:

-  107mm mortar ammo fixed

-  Add Firewill’s GBU-10 and GBU-12 to missilebox (slightly non contemporary)

-  Added buckshot to M-79

-  Removed sensors from M72 and RPGs

-  Improve AAA

-  Minor tweaks to missiles and bombs

- Units:

-  Patch added to PBR crew uniform

-  Different tint for PBR crew helmets

- Buildings:

-  Small open hangar now destructible

-  Improved texture for Fat Albert bar

-  Better map texture for map board

-  Better bulletin board texture

- Scripts:

-  Made LAW fired eventhandler, removed from CAMan class

-  Fix Unsung CAS module

Enjoy!

TeTeT

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Hello!

The Unsung 3.7 Golf update is a hotfix that addresses a crash to desktop (CTD) with NVA P-12 and other radars.

Besides the crash fix, some more additions and fixes were undertaken. The Service and Supply mod sent us updated uniforms and equipment, which we integrated into Unsung. Custom music is now an option for land vehicles of the US and allies (uns_music_land prefix for CfgSounds).

Another big change was the adjustment of helicopter fuel, the short range CH-34 now has fuel for roughly 30 minutes and all other helicopters are adjusted to this baseline.

The M72 LAW is now a one-shot weapon again, the event handler is in place again. Further the LAW can now be added to backpacks.

A lot of the loadout errors in RPT (arma 3 log file) were removed.

Some uniforms were reactivated from scope 0 or 1 to 2, e.g. hidden and protected were made public again.

The Unsung Team

Changelog:

Spoiler

Unsung 3.7 Golf changelog

December 2020

Added:

Units:

New models from SNS for uniforms and equipment

Scripts:

Add custom music to land vehicles, west

Fixed:

Vehicles:

Increase maxFordingDepth for

UH-1 gunships

CH-34

CH-46

OH-6

Increase robustness of H-13 rotors

A-6 head tracking issue fixed

F-105F speedbrake fixed

M-163 wheels in distance lod fixed

Changed fuel capacity of helo fleet, reduced fuel overall

Fix Crash to Desktop (CTD) for P-12 and related OPFOR radars

Weapons:

DP28 bipod error fixed

M72 LAW can be added to backpacks

SA7 sensor components update

Added missing sound file

Removed RPT errors for missile model.cfg’s 

Remove loadout error for LAW

Units:

Adjusted carrying capacities of vests, uniforms, backpacks

Loadout updates to men

Change scope 0,1 to 2 for some uniforms

Reduced loadout rpt errors

Buildings:

Ability to drive through hangar with tools/bombs/containers

Scripts:

Make LAW unusable after first shot again, fired eventhandler was missing from weapon

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

@TeTe T Sorry to disturb you again,

Just another quick question about custom music,

I have managed to get it to work fine with my music my only problem is that the audio is pretty quite and gets droned out easily.

so far I'm running the script version looks something like this;

class music_two
    {
        name = "Fortunate-Son";
        sound[] = { "sounds\Fortunate-Son.ogg", 100, 1, 500 };
        titles[] = { 1, "Fortunate-Son" };
        uns_music_chopper = 1;
        uns_music_pbr = 1;
    };

From the instructions it says the first of the 3 numbers after the .ogg file determines the volume, however it doesnt seem to do much 

Any ideas ? 

Thanks 

1 hour ago, ksp95 said:

From the instructions it says the first of the 3 numbers after the .ogg file determines the volume, however it doesnt seem to do much 

Any ideas ? 

Can you check the rpt when playing your sound? I think the volume was restricted to 20 or so in a patch, but not entirely sure. So anything above 20 should be interpreted as 20 in the game. Outside of remixing the sound to be louder I know of no tricks.

Cheers,
TeTeT

Hello!

Welcome to the Unsung 3.8 Golf Update - the Tet 2021 update. We release this update to honour the Vietnamese people who celebrate their new years holiday, Tet, on 12th Feb 2021.

In the mod, we added Ba Long map (beta) by {E-Z}Johnny.D. A new drop of uniforms and equipment was performed by Service
and Supply mod and we integrated quite a few of them: NVA '67, VC '67, Civilians, 173 Airborne LRRP ranger '68, ARVN rangers, ARVN CIDG.
Dak Pek map was updated by {E-Z}Johnny.D as well. Some problems with hidden selections on SNS helmets and a CIDG med bag were fixed. Also the faulty AK-47 textures have been fixed.
Snoops did a lot of work on the AA effects and it should be slightly more efficient against aircraft again.
The AFVN radio was resurrected with a bunch of songs sourced by {E-Z}McWhopper and Outwardpanicjoe.

We wish you all an upcoming happy Tet holiday, and also a great Chinese New Year:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tết
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_New_Year

Update video: 

Unsung 3.8 Golf changelog

February 2021

Added:
Maps:
Added Ba Long by {E-Z}Johnny.D
Units:
Integration of Service & Supply mod units
NVA 67 troops
VC 67 main force
Some civilians
173 Airborne LRRP 68
ARVN rangers converted
CIDG converted
Radio:
Added songs for AFVN
Fixed:
Maps:
Dak Pek updated
Palm tree forests are more dense now
added a few new locations
fixed clipped or badly placed objects
made rice fields more ricey
some general improvements
Weapons:
Fixed AK-47 texture bug
Units:
Fix jokes problem on USMC helmets
Fix error with "class uns_men_CIDG_MED_Bag"
Vehicles:
    Disable FLAK FX on gun trucks
    Small config tweaks to AAA units
    Adjust AI usage for AAA weapons.
    Added "uns_4Rnd_105mmHEAB","uns_4Rnd_105mmWPAB" magazines, WIP rounds
    Added "uns_4Rnd_105mmXX" for smoke and illum rounds
    Adjust AI AAA usage
    AGM45 and AIM9 LOAL feature added.

• Like 10

Nice!

Little (remaining problem) with all M274 (Mule) . Wrong fire LOD probably, as if you fire on them you can't kill the crew.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, pierremgi said:

Little (remaining problem) with all M274 (Mule) . Wrong fire LOD probably, as if you fire on them you can't kill the crew.

Wish that would be the only problem. Indeed the cargo and driver proxys were missing from fire geo, should be fixed in development now. Thanks for the concise bug report!

The Crash To Desktop (CTD) when spawning Unsung radars has crept back into Unsung 3.8 Golf. Somehow a fix never made it to our subversion source repository, so it's back in the mod. Expect a hotfix soonish. Sorry, folks.

Hello,

the hotfix Unsung 3.9 Golf has just been published on steam workshop. Sorry for the inconvenience and any CTD experienced.

Unsung 3.9 Golf changelog

February 2021

Fixed:
Vehicles:
NVA radars CTD fixed AGAIN
Mule passengers and driver are vulnerable now
Units:
Fixed ARVN BDQ and SF tiger stripes uniforms in arsenal

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is there a simple way for me to make some sort of config that lets you add your own .ogg tracks into the rotation for the radios? I miss all the music in the game from before you took it out. I'd like to add it back in for my own missions. I have all the files converted properly already.