TeTeT

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod 3.0G - Golf Released !!!

Welcome to Unsung 3.0 Golf! 

This is a major release upgrade. In the past months the Unsung team was busy preparing this new Unsung version.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=943001311

Now onto the changes: 

We removed some sounds and music to maintain steam workshop viability, and added a new feature to allow for custom sounds in missions to be played back in helicopters and boats. See this PDF for details: https://tetet.de/arma/arma3/Download/unsung/docs/The Unsung Custom Sounds and Music.pdf

Londo was very busy in this release cycle and brought to us: new huts, a beta of the PT-76B tank, a M-40 recoilless rifle equipped Mule. He’s also involved with the CH-46D from Odyseus, which we were allowed to port into Unsung.

Quite a few uniforms showed the wrong uniform model and texture in first person view. This was fixed.

The A-1 Skyraider no longer explodes when turned in Zeus deployment mode.

The E-2 Hawkeye radar is now functional.

The PBR boats saw quite a number of updates, one that severely impacted FPS when multiple boats were deployed at the same time on Phuoc Tuy.

The handling and speed of the Sampans were also improved.

Londo created a new fuel consumption script, which can be beta tested on the PBR boats and the M-274 Mule vehicle.

Excessive smoke development when firing the super bazooka and other related hand held launchers was fixed.

Release video: 

The UNSUNG Team wants to thank everyone from the public players to the communities for an excellent 2019 and we hope to leave you this update with wishes for you all to have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

• Like 19
  • Thanks 10
  • Confused 1

Great job by the Unsung Developers :thumbsup:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Unfortunately some problems were detected after the release. First, the Dodge 3/4 M1919 seems to cause crashes in multiplayer. A simple rebuild of the PBO fixed that issue. Then the OH-6 cockpit glass had a dark spot on it, fixed as well. Currently open issues are the afterburner script, which accelerates planes now too quickly (without any changes from our side between 3.4 Fox and 3.0 Golf...) and the A-1 Skyraider which has several issues.

We hope to release Unsung 3.1 Golf before Christmas, most likely on Monday.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Navalny for president said:

We will see something new for US forces in the future? Like early M60 Patton or M24 Chaffey?🤔

M60 it never was in Vietnam war

1 hour ago, Navalny for president said:

We will see something new for US forces in the future? Like early M60 Patton or M24 Chaffey?🤔

Not very likely, there's much need for more polish on existing vehicles rather than introducing rarely or non used ones. The team is unfortunately really short on manpower nowadays.

Unsung 3.1 Golf

We need to push out a hotfix for Unsung 3 Golf, as the Dodge 3/4 with M1919 caused a Crash to Desktop (CTD) in multiplayer. We also fixed some minor nuisances:

• Dodge ¾ M1919 truck no longer causes CTD in multiplayer
  • OH-6 cockpit glass fixed
  • CH-53 cockpit view improved
  • CH-53 cutting out rotor sound in internal view fixed

Other known issues are a strange increase in thrust using the afterburner and that the A-1 Skyraider is currently not functional.

Mirrors:

Merry Christmas to all of you again!

Edited by TeTeT
armaholic mirror updated
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Hello, with you mod can't load some map in editor ( for example PMC Iran Jahrom map), what can be reason?

On 2/12/2020 at 6:11 PM, ShaKodemon said:

Hello, with you mod can't load some map in editor ( for example PMC Iran Jahrom map), what can be reason?

Pretty much no idea, in general we don't test Unsung with any other mods but CBA.

• Like 1

For your information folks! I've just had to reinstall some Arma 3 mods from Steam and they've all downloaded and worked fine, all except 'The Unsung'. I've tried to download it three times and each time it has got to the full 10gb then informed me it's been cancelled and immediately started downloading again. I've just had a quick look on Steam to see if there's anything posted there that might be relevant to this problem but there isn't so I'll have to see if I can contact their Help people. Just thought I'd let you know.

15 minutes ago, ayjay said:

For your information folks! I've just had to reinstall some Arma 3 mods from Steam and they've all downloaded and worked fine, all except 'The Unsung'. I've tried to download it three times and each time it has got to the full 10gb then informed me it's been cancelled and immediately started downloading again. I've just had a quick look on Steam to see if there's anything posted there that might be relevant to this problem but there isn't so I'll have to see if I can contact their Help people. Just thought I'd let you know.

Did you have Unsung installed previously? Then you may need to go into the Workshop folder location and delete any previous downloaded Unsung content and try again. This is a steam issue which can affect any workshop content.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, R0adki11 said:

Did you have Unsung installed previously? Then you may need to go into the Workshop folder location and delete any previous downloaded Unsung content and try again. This is a steam issue which can affect any workshop content.

I did have it installed previously. Thanks for the info on the Workshop folder. I'll get onto it.

• Like 1

Unsung 3.2 Golf update

At last! The uniforms of Unsung had a more than dubious damage handling, often resulting in kills when only foot or hand was shot. No more! Through londos tireless debugging efforts the core reason for the misbehaving uniforms were found and fixed.

The aircraft where another focus point for 3.2 Golf: physx and wheels were refined for the F-100 and F-4. But foremost the cockpit glass was improved on the A-1, A-4, A-6, A-7, F-4, F-100, F-105, and OV-10.

For the ground forces, the M-113 HQ and mortar carrier were fixed by londo and deploy a mortar nicely now. Depending on the terrain shape your mileage may vary with results, it works best on flat open terrain, of course. The M48 tanks hitpoint were fixed, making it's damage model more believable than before. The XM-706 Commando rears wheel are on the ground now and the vehicle drives much better.

On the sea, or rather rivers, the NVA patrol boat maneuvrability was improved. Also the Sampans now sink properly when destroyed.

Scripting wise, the custom music option for missions and addons was improved further, now working with JIP players and the sounds config of the range is now taken into account when playing back the music. Also this video shows how to edit a mission to sport your own music on the Huey: https://youtu.be/n2rciHP55uA

You can find an update video at https://youtu.be/Wph566S5J3s

Enjoy!

• Like 3

TeTeT, Any chance you could enable the AFM for the Huey's?

Also, why no bombs or napalm in the CAS module?

There is a workaround for hiding the unwanted weps in the pylons entries.Scoping out the pylons doesn't work as you prolly already know.

found bug in new version, A-7 Corsair II now have 2 man crew (one of them inside fuselage)

12 hours ago, ShaKodemon said:

found bug in new version, A-7 Corsair II now have 2 man crew (one of them inside fuselage)

Yes, the F-100 too. Already reported and fixed in beta. Thanks for the report nevertheless!

Nvm.I can make my own AFM and CAS modules.I take it's okay to release them myself thru steam?

@TeTeT

Something to consider for the mod team regarding realism.

US Army weapon designation codes starting with M letter do not use "-" symbol. So for example tanks should not be designated M-48 but M48, not M-551 but M551 etc. Same goes for other vehicles and weapons with designation starting with M.

Just my two cents. Keep good work, cheers!

• Thanks 1

On 3/31/2020 at 2:34 PM, ANZACSAS Steven said:

TeTeT, Any chance you could enable the AFM for the Huey's?

Also, why no bombs or napalm in the CAS module?

There is a workaround for hiding the unwanted weps in the pylons entries.Scoping out the pylons doesn't work as you prolly already know.

4 hours ago, ANZACSAS Steven said:

Nvm.I can make my own AFM and CAS modules.I take it's okay to release them myself thru steam?

Missed your message, not sure on the AFM, I'm not much of an expert there. The CAS Module sports rockets and guns, I believe. The problem was that the bombs initially wouldn't hit anything I think.

Of course you can release anything on steam workshop, good luck!

3 hours ago, Damian90 said:

@TeTeT

Something to consider for the mod team regarding realism.

US Army weapon designation codes starting with M letter do not use "-" symbol. So for example tanks should not be designated M-48 but M48, not M-551 but M551 etc. Same goes for other vehicles and weapons with designation starting with M.

Just my two cents. Keep good work, cheers!

I see, the displayNames are a mixed bag. I would prefer to keep them as is for backward compatibility, e.g. it's not a critical issue. But thanks for the clarification!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/7/2020 at 5:28 PM, TeTeT said:

I see, the displayNames are a mixed bag. I would prefer to keep them as is for backward compatibility, e.g. it's not a critical issue. But thanks for the clarification!

I think changing a displaynames should not cause any problems regarding backward compatibility, classnames is a different thing of course.

But hey, keep a great work, cheers!

• Sad 1