zozo

Arma 3 Apex: Old Man Feedback

4 hours ago, Godis_1 said:

I'm only using a few mods that - actually - should not interfere with the map or the UI at all.

Is CBA one of them?

20 hours ago, Janez said:

Is CBA one of them?

Yes! Does it mess up the UI? Is there a workaround?

Edit: I've read some older changelog from CBA which is saying "updated configs for Old man (1.98)".

Edit2: Ok, I think they didn't mean Old Man but the version that came with it. The changelog was actually saying "1.98 (Old man)".

Too bad. I couldn't find any report about this. So Old Man won't work properly with CBA (and any mod that requires it), unless you always quit and reload the mission when you get killed?

10 hours ago, Godis_1 said:

Yes! Does it mess up the UI? Is there a workaround?

I don't know but CBA does add "diary" entries which might mess up Old Man's custom UI sorting.

Backup your saved game and try without any mods, only way to be sure I reckon. If the issue persists in vanilla game then create a ticket about it here: https://feedback.bistudio.com/dashboard/view/123/

Default path for saved games goes something like this:

"Users\<YourUserID>\Saved\A3\Missions_F_Oldman\Campaign\Missions\Oldman.Tanoa"

So Old Man won't work properly with CBA (and any mod that requires it), unless you always quit and reload the mission when you get killed?

You can use @R3vo's Quick- & Autosave mod from his Mini Mods collection as sort of a work around to speed up the process.

• Like 1

On 6/3/2021 at 10:56 AM, Janez said:

I don't know but CBA does add "diary" entries which might mess up Old Man's custom UI sorting.

Backup your saved game and try without any mods, only way to be sure I reckon. If the issue persists in vanilla game then create a ticket about it here: https://feedback.bistudio.com/dashboard/view/123/

Default path for saved games goes something like this:

"Users\<YourUserID>\Saved\A3\Missions_F_Oldman\Campaign\Missions\Oldman.Tanoa"

You can use @R3vo's Quick- & Autosave mod from his Mini Mods collection as sort of a work around to speed up the process.

I already started a new game without all mods that require CBA. The issue is gone 🙂

About the Quicksave-mod, I'll do that on my next playthrough. Thank you for the help!

7 hours ago, Godis_1 said:

About the Quicksave-mod, I'll do that on my next playthrough. Thank you for the help!

Cool, if you go for endings other then standard Status Quo, let us know if it works properly.

14 hours ago, Janez said:

Cool, if you go for endings other then standard Status Quo, let us know if it works properly.

Will do that!

I completed Status Quo ending my first run through and reverted my save to complete the other two endings to get their achievements. I put the counteragent in the van in Georgetown as instructed but nothing happened. I reverted again to do the doctor ending but it was obviously bugged out when I escaped Tanoa; I was frozen on a small piece of land in the ocean after the credits finished rolling. Couldn't use the escape menu and the saves corrupted. I restarted the scenario from the beginning. I did two runs to attempt the other endings but have been stopped short both times by the task category "Prevent Malaria Crisis" not updating after completing "Destroy Weapons Lab". I blow up the dome, kill Miller on the small island, steal the counteragent, but I don't have the task options to give the counteragent to the doctor or the insurgents like I did on my first play through. I'm trying to copy my actions on my first play through but it isn't working. I got desperate and tried to learn how to use dePBO to cheat the achievement pops but arma wasn't having it and I couldn't even properly start the scenario.

35 minutes ago, iPwnRefined said:

I completed Status Quo ending my first run through and reverted my save to complete the other two endings to get their achievements.

What game version? 2.04?

If this issues persist in current version 2.04+, then create a ticket on feedback tracker since reporting bugs in this thread only serves to warn other players and does nothing to actually fix the issues.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/dashboard/view/123/

39 minutes ago, iPwnRefined said:

I got desperate and tried to learn how to use dePBO to cheat the achievement pops but arma wasn't having it and I couldn't even properly start the scenario.

You can adopt the procedure method for other endings as well.

• Thanks 1

What game version? 2.04?

If this issues persist in current version 2.04+, then create a ticket on feedback tracker since reporting bugs in this thread only serves to warn other players and does nothing to actually fix the issues.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/dashboard/view/123/

Yes it was current version, I'll look into creating a ticket.

You can adopt the procedure method for other endings as well.

That looks way easier than the witchcraft I was attempting to pull, thanks for the help. I guess I'll post again if I'm too stupid to make that work 🙂

Hi guys

I recently reinstalled ARMA 3 ultimate edition. Now playing the "Old man"  scenario and I'm really enjoying it so far.

I was wondering though, are there any suppressors/silencers to be found in this scenario?

So far I've checked a few of the weapon dealer shops, but none of them seem to have a silencer for sale.

I've been trying to find some info on this, but so far without any luck.

Being sort of new to Arma 3 and its contents, is there like a list of weapons and their available mods somewhere?

And if so, are these all available in the Old man scenario?

@sirrah

Idk bout the old man but the list of arma 3 vanilla weapons is CfgWeapons

There the Accessories column is what you are looking for.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sirrah said:

And if so, are these all available in the Old man scenario?

CSAT Recon units have 5.8mm suppressors and Viper units have 6.5mm stealth variants. West of L'Ensemble's contact at the warehouse, up the hill, a fireteam of CSAT Recon units can spawn as reinforcements that carry regular 6.5mm suppressors.

Vendor's inventory is random but their stock also depends on their type. Black market vendors (black marker on map) have the highest quality items.

Some hidden caches also contain suppressors.

• Thanks 1

I'm having a problem where the assigned distraction completes without the insurgents showing up.  I have no mods loaded and a fresh install of Arma 3. 

EDIT:

Well before the set time of an assigned distraction, I get a call saying "That's it, we go." and the distraction ends.  Just now, after several more attempts, It made it till the designated time where I get a call that they attack in five minutes.   Then immediately after that call, I get another one that says "That's it, we go."  and the distraction ends. 

I don't if I'm doing something wrong, of if it's Old Man.   When I tried the beta a last year, distractions worked at the start of the game, but eventually they stopped working. 

I was able to finally call in a distraction where the insurgents showed up.  But after that one, I can only designate "1 men" for my distraction.  Is that intended? 

Since destroying the silos, are the Support Attack quests really supposed to happen every half an hour?

1 hour ago, sibu82 said:

Since destroying the silos, are the Support Attack quests really supposed to happen every half an hour?

Appears so but there doesn't seem to be any penalty for not participating in them.

Thanks. Now I appear to haven fallen for a bug: glitched virus mission (links hidden below).

That pretty much kills this mission for me. I have already restarted this otherwise magnificent mission three times because of its bugs.

Couple restarts were because of unable to deliver medicine to the doctor for the first time.

Then I got fed up with all the physics glitching* and being unable to access corpses' inventories and restarted with the not-so-recommended improved saving ability.

I understand restricted saving improves playing immersion in theory but sadly this mission is just too buggy/glitchy for that to be actually warranted.

Even with more saves now, I do not possess a save before obtaining the virus usb stick. And I have invested so much precious play time in the playthrough I definitely don't want to start all over yet again.

This mission would really benefit from infinite save slots with the ability to name them. To be able to recover at least part of the progress.

Some games possess access to in-game console commands to manually progress quests. I understand that is not possible in ArmA3 ?

I love ArmA3 so much! No other game is so dedicated to realism which I adore in all media in this fantasy-saturated real world. Please save (pun intended) this mission for me!

*general ArmA3 feedback

Spoiler

@sibu82, are you on latest version of the game? Because that was fixed in one of the latest patches. Otherwise, update the feedback tracker ticket for devs to take a look at. Be sure to enable Shows Script Errors in Arma 3 Launcher to see if any related errors pop up and copy them from .rpt crash file and add them to the ticket.

A workaround for limited saved games would be to back them up manually on your hard drive. If you are using the default profile that Arma 3 created then default location for Old Man saves should be something like Documents\Arma 3 or Arma 3 - other profiles and then:

Users\<You Profile Name>\Saved\A3\Missions_F_Oldman\Campaign\Missions\Oldman.Tanoa

Thanks again for QRF = Quick Response, Fabulous.

Steam is supposed to keep it updated? Anyway I upgraded to ultimate edition less than two weeks ago...

I'll look into this...

Using external backup saves has been a boon. Thank you @Janez.

Flying a neophron now. PROBLEM: Targets spawn only few hundred meters away despite 5km object render in the settings. This renders my jet approach pretty useless*.

I am using real engine, animation patch and CBA_A3, (the mods mentioned here). I can't determine if they are to blame since the save won't load without them anymore.

Is this also something of an Old Man quirk?

26 minutes ago, sibu82 said:

Targets spawn only few hundred meters away despite 5km object render in the settings.

It appears that spawning is not tied to view distance but rather specific distance from the player. Makes sense since Old Man is infantry and ground vehicle focused scenario. One thing you could do is to enable debug console or cheat menu and use it to spawn in a team member. Then send him near an objective and see if that triggers the enemies.

See scripting commands, specifically createUnit command. Example 2 would probably be the easiest and should do the trick. Refer to Assets page for classnames of available units.

Btw, when you are resorting saved games into the game, unpause and pause the game to refresh Arma's save menu.

• Like 1

@Janez 

I couldn't manipulate the despawn radius centered to the player.

I spawned a worker at the airport, gave him a rangefinder for roleplay and added myself a Darter to see spawned objects. 

Then I flew off Tanoa Airport on a small plane. The objects at the airport were visible in turret camera still after 1km. 

Once I landed on Tuvanaka: The Darter could still see the team member (worker) at the airport and I could move him around. All enemy units, civilians and vehicles had despawned.

Flying a Neophron again. If I fly fast, sometimes targets manage to spawn only after fly-by. They do stay for awhile if I circle in the vicinity. Despawns occur after around 1-2km, the Tigris is visible from farther. Great flying practice trying to stay close to the targets and not hit the ground while strafing. Tedious to get any results though.

A certain house in Vagalala got a surprise gift. I wonder what Samjo says.

EDIT: Y-32 Xi'an makes CAS missions more feasible.

EDIT: Kajman captured from QRF makes CAS missions way more feasible.

HINT: Enemy Neophrons seem to stop harassing you once you shoot down one.

• Thanks 1

I haven't been playing ARMA 3 Old Man for like a year now. Should I give it another go, or is it still so buggy?

1 hour ago, VidKo said:

I haven't been playing ARMA 3 Old Man for like a year now. Should I give it another go, or is it still so buggy?

I mean it's not bug free but I was able to do a playthrough an update or two ago. Granted I played in a very "as it was meant to be played" manner. I spent way more time clearing outposts then I would want to admit and it was fun for the most part but relatively minor unpolished aspects were starting to get on my nerves toward the end and I just rushed the Status Quo ending and be done with it for the foreseeable future.

Definitely consider at least Simple Quicksave, Enhanced Inventory and Ride Where You Look mods though.

• Like 1

On 12/17/2019 at 11:04 PM, FlameTower said:

I think there should be an option that allows allows you to turn on manual saving, or auto saves should be more frequent. i hit a small rock and my car randomly flew up into the air, and now i have to replay 1.5 hours of the scenario.

edit: after playing a bit more i realized that the game auto saves enough but it only saves the last one. it should save at least the last 3 so you can go back to before everything is messed up.

Some of the variables don't show up properly: 
https://gyazo.com/b48c70f54f3e8a1adb40eb37e5df64ff

French characters don't show up and leave a blank space

Just buy sleeping bags.
Okay, they cost a lot but, sell a few weapons from the enemy and you have plenty money!