zozo

Arma 3 Apex: Old Man Feedback

anyone having problems recruiting insurgents?

I used them a few time and now it stuck at 1 insurgent available for me to call in, I've tried sleeping a few nights off but it never replanished

the "recruiting" feature also doesn't work

On 4/16/2020 at 10:42 PM, h - said:

- the radios (and occasionally other objects) inside the Old Man house keep multiplying when you fast travel back there (maybe even just driving back to home yard does this). They also multiply the volume of the radio, and sometimes they are slightly out of sync so it's crazy loud with reverb (currently like 10 radios playing there)..

That's sad to hear, because I reported the issue of multiplifying objects already on December 18. Problems with disappearing items/characters, and missions failing to finish were also reported by many people way back in December.

1 hour ago, krzychuzokecia said:

That's sad to hear, because I reported the issue of multiplifying objects already on December 18. Problems with disappearing items/characters, and missions failing to finish were also reported by many people way back in December.

Yes I noticed anywhere there is a radio, it will multiply.  I was just at a black market dealer and when a new song started, another radio spawned.  In my house there are currently five radios - four under the table and one on top.  To be honest the radios annoy me.  Often I want to just potter about my house in peace without some booming noise.  Turning them off should be an option worth considering.

I can't even go into the old mans house anymore because the radios are so loud. Haven't even bothered to count them anymore.

The mission is fun, although having to restart and repeat the same stuff over and over again because either something breaks or a patch has been released is getting a bit tiresome.

Some more bugs/things:

Spoiler

- When driving away from getting the car to blow up the police station with this error appeared:

12:00:19 Error in expression <f_areaParam
};
private _v = FALSE;
if ((count _qrfqrf_areaParam) > _index) then >
12:00:19   Error position: <count _qrfqrf_areaParam) > _index) then >
12:00:19   Error count: Type Number, expected Array,String,Config entry
12:00:19 File \A3\Missions_F_Oldman\Systems\scripts\QRF\Internal\fn_qrf_areaParam.sqf [BIS_fnc_qrf_areaParam]..., line 553

This kind of error appeared at one point:

18:09:44 Error in expression <4,"h"] call BIS_fnc_calculateDatetime] 
[1,"News_malaria_boise_secured"] call BI>
18:09:44   Error position: <[1,"News_malaria_boise_secured"] call BI>
18:09:44   Error Missing ;

- There are some tasks that are a bit confusing because they appear when you overhear a conversation you're not even paying any attention to because they just repeat the same stuff over and over anyway. There's no information for the task as to what to do. Like stealing the corrupt cop money: you can't get into the house because all doors are locked. So, what? Do I need a key, and if I do where the hell am I going to get one, or do I just have to kill every single gendarmarie and search for one? :shrug:  Same with the mysterious body, you get a journal item. So, do I need it for something? Do I need to give it to some IDAP person ? Or is that just a pointless item I can sell for the merchants? If it is a pointless item why even add that? You can't read it, you just get the "this is the gist of it" in the intel section (I know where the massacre happened).
The disco is also confusing: the civilian says how the doorman was a complete cretin yet the doorman doesn't bat an eye if I walk in, was expecting some trouble because of that. Then the guy inside there asks if I want to dance and suddenly kneels and says something like "You can take anything you want!" and all I did was turn to see who's talking.. I was completely perplexed as to wth is happening until I approached the guy close enough to have the "take airport pass" action. Would make wee bit more sense if the guy say offered the card. How does the old man know he even has it? And why exactly was the guy so afraid when I did nothing to him? Also the airport pass seems not to exist as an item, and doesn't allow me into airfields, gendarmes/CSATs chase me out regardless.
- The AI spots you as a "Imposter!" a bit too easily when wearing their clothing (yellow exclamation), even if you are facing away from the AI it still somehow can recognize you as not one of them.

- Sometimes for no apparent reason the tree behind the old man house weapon shack has fallen on the shack and the tree top is preventing access to the weapon rack.
- The patrolling l'ensembles in their bases tend to block your way so more than once you accidentally drive over someone when trying to navigate past them with an ATV or something. Nicely highlights the idiocy of the AI as it has no instinct to avoid vehicles, not even when sounding the horn.
- and now suddenly the support attack tasks are working again (this is still the same "session" as in my previous post). But, we attacked site A successfully, then site B successfully and then the next task was attacking site A again.. Didn't check whether the next one would have been site B again (had to stop playing before the next attack was selected). Doesn't really make sense to attack the same place twice within like 2 hours :shrug:

Spoiler
1 hour ago, h - said:

There's no information for the task as to what to do. Like stealing the corrupt cop money: you can't get into the house because all doors are locked. So, what? Do I need a key, and if I do where the hell am I going to get one, or do I just have to kill every single gendarmarie and search for one? :shrug: 

I just shoot out a window on the 1st floor, vaulted over into the house stole everything and got away without killing or alarming anyone

1 minute ago, Vidikk said:
  Hide contents

I just shoot out a window on the 1st floor, vaulted over into the house stole everything and got away without killing or alarming anyone

Spoiler

I thought I couldn't clip through the ground level windows so I did that on the 2nd floor big windows but inside doors are also locked so gave up. 😛
Have to try the 1st floor windows.

I've been having trouble with the campaign. I've already had to restart it 3 times and id like to avoid that if anyone has a fix. I just finished blowing up the AA radar whatever for keystone, I brought the doctor the van and he is in his new location, and all I'm doing for samjo is the hit and run missions. I got a phone call tho from samjo that said, Gendarme took our man out to the mangrove swamps. They execute him there. Strike back and blow up his house. Problem is, I have no clue where his house is. My map wasn't updated. I tried going back to an older save but when I got to that point again it still didn't update my map so I feel stuck.

Spoiler
3 hours ago, Banci said:

I've been having trouble with the campaign. I've already had to restart it 3 times and id like to avoid that if anyone has a fix. I just finished blowing up the AA radar whatever for keystone, I brought the doctor the van and he is in his new location, and all I'm doing for samjo is the hit and run missions. I got a phone call tho from samjo that said, Gendarme took our man out to the mangrove swamps. They execute him there. Strike back and blow up his house. Problem is, I have no clue where his house is. My map wasn't updated. I tried going back to an older save but when I got to that point again it still didn't update my map so I feel stuck.

I'm experiencing the same problem, I even restarted the scenario and only did missions for L'Ensemble to minimize the impact of other factors. No effect.
Also you should probably use spoiler tags.

On 4/20/2020 at 11:57 AM, Ex3B said:

Have you tried going to where you need to go using the rebreather?

I forget how the task got checked off when I did it, and I know it can be glitchy.

I still can't progress on the virus upload mission, and I am afraid that I may have to revert a long way back, if I can even revert far enough

Spoiler

I tried going to the crash site with the rebreather and got the intel but nothing happened. Maybe you first need to complete the "Get Rebreather" task. Also, the rebreather keeps respawning after leaving and coming back at Gendarmerie's Base so I can take as much as I want. I don't know if it has anything to do with it. 

6 hours ago, Or Schwartz said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I tried going to the crash site with the rebreather and got the intel but nothing happened. Maybe you first need to complete the "Get Rebreather" task. Also, the rebreather keeps respawning after leaving and coming back at Gendarmerie's Base so I can take as much as I want. I don't know if it has anything to do with it. 

yes. Rebreather and diving task worked fine for me. Just a warning: if you shift also for a wetsuit on diver corpse, and you forget to take your items in your previous suit, you can loose some important ones (some tasks need some specific items) and when you're back, as the corpse is deleted, you lost your stuff. On the other hand, any dropped bag, vest, (uniform) or weapon/ammo on ground stays all game long. It's just stupid to shift uniform on corpse without caution of content.

New bug for me today.

Placing an AT Mine actually places an APERS Anti Personal mine. Also after diffusing a mine I am unable to pick it up.

Can someone give me coordinates of the house

Spoiler

I am supposed to destroy for the rebels (the one dealing with a guy killed in mangrove swamps, not the one near the police station)

thanks.

Others have said already, but I can confirm that one ending is bugged and unattainable:

Spoiler

Delivering the counteragent to the drop point in the blue van does nothing, the game keeps going and there's no further tasks or communications from Sanjo. This also makes the Steam achievement "Devil's Due" unobtainable.

On 4/20/2020 at 10:13 AM, h - said:

:shrug:  Same with the mysterious body, you get a journal item. So, do I need it for something? Do I need to give it to some IDAP person ? Or is that just a pointless item I can sell for the merchants? If it is a pointless item why even add that? You can't read it, you just get the "this is the gist of it" in the intel section (I know where the massacre happened).

Spoiler

You just have to do it backwards. Normally you'd drive up to the house and check it out, then jack the rhib to cross to the cache and find the mysterious body. In that order, the task does not complete. Get to the small island first and get the journal, then cross back and walk into the room with dead bodies: mission accomplished.

There's an easter egg there too: the map on the wall marks locations of a scenic dive, couple of unburied body bags (and a little loot), and a place where 3 cops with pockets full of money are guarding a shack full of explosives (and dead bodies).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kazer said:

Others have said already, but I can confirm that one ending is bugged and unattainable:

Hide contents

Delivering the counteragent to the drop point in the blue van does nothing, the game keeps going and there's no further tasks or communications from Sanjo. This also makes the Steam achievement "Devil's Due" unobtainable.

Worked for me once. Out of 3 tries or so, i.e. it is attainable, but flakey.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi all,

it's the second time that my save game file is corrupted. I go to my house, sleep and save, quit from game by save & exit, but when i try to load the scenario, arma3 quit to desktop and there is no way to resume the scenario.

this is very frustating!

I play scenaio WITHOUT ANY MOD and i launch arma3 with elevated privileges!

none know a workaround or a way to fix this issue?

I have the radio multiplier problem too.Just 2 radios atm,i need to kill them before they lay eggs! 😂😂😂And the vehicle radio won't stop playing.I can change stations but i can't switch it off.

Spoiler

Currently i'm at the mission where you need to search the CSAT base at Harcour harbor....

Well the only way to get in is with stealth at night.And i cannot use an insurgent team.Every time i use one it arrives at a different location,i hear them shooting from a distance.Another game bug.

Also the "Support Attack" missions are bugged too,i started one and the insurgents never came to this place..and i was waiting for a long time.

Despite all the bugs the scenario is well thought and smart.There's always something to do and that something always makes sense.

After releasing the prisoner from Gendarmes, the QRF that attacks insta-kills from whatever distance as soon as they see an inch of me. Lowered precision to .10, doesn't matter. Don't need this, enough played.

I'm stuck. don't know what to do. I can't upload a virus. when I try to, nothing happens and I lose the USB drive 😞

15 hours ago, dmaziuk said:

Worked for me once. Out of 3 tries or so, i.e. it is attainable, but flakey. 

Interesting, I just tried a few more times and got nothing. Can you share more about how you re-tried 3 times? Did you just a reload a save from near the drop point, or did you re-do the final mission?

Also, did you get a response right away after closing the crate or do you have to wait some time?

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for this. I've been enjoying this amazing mission for the last couple of days and it's been a real blast so far (Tanoa is such a beauty, 😍).

Some food for thought:

• All save houses (or the sheds right next to them) should have an ammo box. The big/bottomless ones. Using vehicles as stash tends to get ridiculous.

• Weapon dealers are next to useless. Are they working as intended? They barely got any ammo. It's okay if only certain special dealers have certain special weapons/ammo, but if all they have is 1 to 4  mags, that just sucks. Do they even get new stuff (that isn't from me)? Ever? Some dealers seem to be running out of things really quickly. And then that's that. Kind of a bummer if you've got a fancy Type 115, but no more caseless 6.5mm mags - and when is the next time you accidentally run into a Viper team? Exactly.

• There should be some car dealers around where you can sell and buy cars and trucks. Maybe also a ship dealer somewhere. Not sure if customization (repaint jobs, etc.) make much sense, but could be totally awesome for Syndikat car dealers that can equip your jeep with an mg/at, or something like that.

• I expect better from Miller. He's all talk but doesn't give you the (recon) info. For bigger tasks, e.g. take out AA/Radar, I expect at least a small briefing with what's to be expected and how these places are guarded (how about some satellite photos), maybe some info on counterstrike possibilities, etc. Can't be arsed to do the recon all by myself. I'm an old man, okay? What the hell are his fancy analysts even doing all day long?

• Cleared/raided places should remain clear and save. At least until you go sleep, if not permanently. Raiding the mobile AA site and cleaning it for good (incl. backups/counterstrikes until nothing else came), should stay like that for the time being. It's way too awkward to drive away from there in a vehicle, park it somewhere, and return to steal another vehicle you'd like, only to realize the whole place has been repopulated already as if nothing ever happened at all. The awkward solution here is to drive multiple cars bit for bit, alternating, until you're at a save distance, so you can temp. park one for good and drive the other somewhere else and return to pick up the other... silly stuff. IMHO even the state of dead bodies (incl. their inventory) should be saved and restored upon returning. Is this too tricky to achieve?
    To give another example, checkpoints you've cleared an hour earlier that day should remain clear and save to travel now. But it would be totally fine if the next day the checkpoint will be manned by fresh troops again. Maybe depending on what surrounding places are still there or not, such as main bases, which probably should remain cleared for good, or at least for a bit longer.
    Alternatively a more dynamic territory/warefare thing could work nice, with places being in the hands of certain factions, clearer frontlines, etc. Maybe another time in Arma4.

• Reinforcements/counterstrikes upon sounding the alarm leaves much to be desired. They spawn and appear on scene way too fast. But the problem is deeper. The route where they're coming from should be comprehensible/traceable. Don't spawn them out of thin air at some random distance. Use their bases, airports, even checkpoints are fine (for gendarmerie and smaller units, maybe a truck). At sounding an alarm the next (as in smallest distance) appropriate location should be used to spawn the counterstrike. Combine this with raided places being cleared for good, and you get the effect of having more and more time to loot and disappear into the night, the more such places you've cleared/destroyed already. Sound good?
    Next this would allow some tactical planning for the player, who may calculate with such a counterstrike. Player does the smallest distance to whatever he knows where enemy bases are in his head, there's some margin of error obviously depending on intel (which just got even more valuable to gather) and depending on what the enemy decides to send out as reinforcements. Anyways, chances of mines, explosives and other ambush techniques just skyrocketed. Which is the best kind of fun. When plans work.
    Random, fun anecdote: exploring the southern island, I ran across a parked armored car and a single dude on a small bridge. Looked suspicious. Upon taking a closer look, I realized his team buddies where going for a swim in the lake right next to it. Lovely scene. Naturally I decide to murder them all, and take their stuff. But before I know it, a counterstrike squad is already here (far away from any civilization, or anything). Naturally I decide to murder them all as well, but that's not the point. The point is that it really sucks to have them appear so soon already, if at all. Who even made the call? The one standing guard was the first to go, so nothing should probably have happened. And while I still got my loot, the whole thing kind of sucked because of this. It was supposed to be a nice and quick murdering party with nobody ever being alerted. And all of a sudden it's vietnam all over again. Just ruined the mood for me.

• The doctor is a pain in the ass, and I don't like it one bit. His patients in need of medicament are not my (sole) responsibility. Fuck that. His problem. Not mine. What are even the stakes here for me? What happens if those five civilians die? I don't know. What does it matter? I figure there are plenty of other old men around that can hook him up with meds as well. I suspect there probably are, and it's all a scheme and the meds on the black market are actually coming from the doc himself. I buy from black market, give them away to the doc for free, and buy the very same meds all over again. Repeat. I don't know. I don't like that guy. His constant calls or updated descriptions are annoying, and the urgency with the countdown is totally out of place. Don't do that. Simply make it an option for me to provide him with meds at my pace. And maybe offer some kind of incentive, such as better civilian reputation, which offers you more free beds and places to crash at for free, or just straight info/intel revealing such places and other nice things.
    Generally nothing too bad should ever happen if I decide to skip a day, or a week and wait for better weather.

• I do like the Syndikat and their boss, Samjo (great voice actor! You just know he is best amigo forever - until you make a tiny mistake and he'll feed you to his pigs, no hard feelings), but the generic support assault missions and constant calls about it, no matter what, are rather on the annoying side of things. At some point there's always one of those things going on, yet the player participates only in a few, if he doesn't stop altogether at some point. This should really be an opt-in thing. You go see your Syndikat buddies at their base, and sign up for a gig.
    This would also allow for some proper squad action. At first you get assigned to a squad as low-rank noob and follow your AI leader into almost certain death. Later on you get to be responsible for a few men. All just temporarily for this one mission you've signed up for. Maybe offer some random choice out of a pool of targets. And offer the option to fast travel there with your buddies and at the right time, or if you meet them there later on your own. Much better. Also this would allow for a variety of missions. E.g. ambush some convoy, smuggling equipment, whatever.

• I really miss not having at least a few AI buddies in my own squad. Why can't I hire some, train and raise them like my kids? Not just to operate some of the heavier machinery, but also for missions, to keep overwatch for me, help loot, or at least use them as pack-mules and drivers and so on.
    Maybe not too many, say 3 buddies max. (Remember Chernarus? Those were the days!) that you get to keep as long as you pay them daily. I mean, it's obvious how much more fun this would be, so I wonder if this has technical/performance reasons (because you can send them all over the map individually so stuff has to spawn there as well?) for not being done? Or is it just like that because that's just the Old Man for you, i.e. by design? Kind of a bummer, either way. Calling Syndikat guys for a "distraction" is nice, but it's just not the same. Having your own little team would open up the way for a bit harder missions too, as opposed to be expected to lonewolfing everything and balance things around that.

Of course, there are always plenty of things that would be nice to have too in such open world games/missions. Can't have it all. Either way, this is really great as is. And I'll surely play this all over again, once the corrupt savefile bug has been fixed.

• Like 3

My best regards. I have got problems with the mission where I should install virus into computer. I really stuck here because when I put flesh drive , nothing happens. Please, help me. Is it a bug and I should wait until it is fixed? Or something wrong happened with my campaign and I must restart it? ( I hope not, because I won't have enough patient to play it again )

14 hours ago, RedEye Mouse said:

I'm stuck. don't know what to do. I can't upload a virus. when I try to, nothing happens and I lose the USB drive 😞

2 hours ago, CopyThatAndPaste said:

I have got problems with the mission where I should install virus into computer. I really stuck here because when I put flesh drive , nothing happens.

So I have the same issue, i reloaded before putting it in, and played a bit more, and it was more broken: the option to insert it went away.

So I went to an older save, before picking up an officer ID card, and I was able to insert the drive and the upload virus task was checked. Miller then told me to reset the power supply, and that it should be somewhere near the computer... I looked everywhere and no options came up - this was at the lumberyard csat base.

I'm going to try another base tonight...

I think the only option is to revert to an earlier save, and hope one of them is before the bug appeared...

can anyone even tell me what to do to reset the power after uploading the virus? I only have been able to upload the virus and have the task get checked at the lumberyard CSAT base, I can't even upload it at the CSAT computers in vaglala.

In the only place I've had it upload and check the task, the next task is to reset the UPS, which is supposed to be "nearby", but I can't find any object nearby that I can do anything with, nor anything that looks like a UPS. If I at least knew what to look for... 

I may have to give up on this task, and this save...