zozo

Arma 3 Apex: Old Man Feedback

I've put in around four or five hours into the scenario now and i just finished helping the resistance blow up the fuel depot, this caused CSAT to swarm the area and i quickly commandered an Ifrit and took off while being chased by CAS. I managed to slip away and hid inside a building but CSAT was on high alert and the CAS wouldn't leave the area, it didn't seem to know where I was, but it was circling the area. So naturally i decided to sit down and wait it out for a couple of hours. When it loaded back in the CAS left but my vision was blurry, as if I had critical damage, i figured "Cool, maybe it's because I haven't slept for 20 hours and Bohemia wanted to make it somewhat realistic" so I found my way back to my boat trying to navigate the foggy vision and crossed the sea back to a safehouse. However, when I tried to rest the prompt just went away and wouldn't come back, vision is still blurry and the wait function also broke. I tried reloading but the same issue persists. So essentially my savegame is broken.

Makes you wonder if it's called Old Man because he gets macular degeneration and sleep disorders halfway through the scenario, or maybe it's just ArmA being Arma. Anyway, It was fun while it lasted, and i'd still reccomend giving it a go.

Since the official release, Old Man now crashes Arma 3 after a minute or so with 100% RAM usage. It didn't do this with the early access version. I have never suffered any memory leaks with Arma before and it only happens when I run Old Man. Other single and multiplayer missions function with no issues. Has to be Old Man issue? 

the save points dont work...trying  different ways - no result - louncher just restarted all the time and only the one way to play  just start the game from begining....

is there any way to filter out oldman's content in editor? (just like during beta - >searchbar -> mod oldman )

Very minor issue, but if you happen to play Old Man alongside any addons, the Insurgent tab on your phone gets overriden with the Addon Credits tab that appears on the normal map interface. It also appeared only to do so after I delivered some items to the insurgents and so gained some reputation/bonuses with them (Which I can't check now)

Edit:

Hmm, nevermind. It seems to be a UI bug that resolved itself on restarting the game.

I noticed you removed the line talking about chloroquine... And the anti malarial meds artwork has changed!

When you started writing this story (2?) years ago did you imagine that the Chinese would really have a bio weapon go wild? 

44 minutes ago, seacaptainjim said:

removed the line talking about chloroquine

It's all great conspiracy, but apparently my PC is not in on it, as my Dr Drabek constantly reminds me not to give him that (quote) chloroquine crap.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, krzychuzokecia said:

It's all great conspiracy, but apparently my PC is not in on it, as my Dr Drabek constantly reminds me not to give him that (quote) chloroquine crap.

😂 Maybe I just missed it then! 

Some Bugs/things:
- the geodetector icon looks like it's disabled after loading a save, device appears to be on though
- the radios (and occasionally other objects) inside the Old Man house keep multiplying when you fast travel back there (maybe even just driving back to home yard does this). They also multiply the volume of the radio, and sometimes they are slightly out of sync so it's crazy loud with reverb (currently like 10 radios playing there)..
- the handgrenade is stealthier than the silenced pistol. As long as nobody sees you actually throw a nade you can take a whole base down with just nades and never raise an alarm. In fact the AI doesn't seem to care at all that there are explosions around. Kill someone in a base with a silenced pistol = instant alarm and map turns red, seasoned with QRF. It's also peculiar that when there's no-one alive anymore (or you kill enemies without anyone seeing) someone still shoots a flare to call for help  :shrug:
- Market merchants voices are almost inaudible. And don't even seem to emanate from the actual merchant but somewhere else?
- when fast traveling to some location the from-black-to-blur sometimes happens twice in a row, first with "Fast travel not available" notification and the second time for "fast travel available" notification
- car radios seem to be a tad too low volume, can't really hear much over the vehicle noise (all my audio settings are at max)

Spoiler

- supporting attack on CSAT checkpoint near Lifou and it won't get completed, two waves of QRF later I venture into the checkpoint itself to see if somebody is hiding there and immediately friendlies start firing at me.. Try another time, this time the friendlies seem to retreat after second QRF arrives but there's never a call to retreat and the task stays uncompleted.
So didn't take part in that at all and the task went away. The next one was some AA site. We took it with no trouble but task won't complete, after last CSAT is killed some ghost fires red flare. QRF arrives, we take them out. Task still won't complete. I start running around the site and suddenly find several CSATs just standing around, reacting to nothing so I take all of them out, and again some ghost fired red flare, QRF arrives, rinse'n'repeat. Didn't try third time, seems that something broke the support attack stuff.

- would be nice if you could tweak the spotting when you steal a enemy vehicle because currently if some enemy sees a glimpse of you driving in the vehicle in the distant horizon it immediately recognizes it as the stolen vehicle
- when you run over more than 1 enemy, even if you drive over them from behind killing them within 1-2 seconds they are somehow able to during that time, and while dying, call for QRF and put out a BOLO for Old Man and the vehicle he is driving. Not even Oli Peters is that fast.

I've been trying to make youtube video guides on Arma 3 Old Man scenario (Not the steam workshop, but the actuall scenario that just got released. I never had the workshop files installed). But everytime I play through it from the beginning (My forth attempt this time), I always end up getting the same results. Here are my issues:

1. When you take over the CSAT camp in Harcourt harbour, you can find a "Top Secret Files" file. When you pick it up, Keystone will tell you to deliver it to him. I go to him immediatley, he stands up and says "Ah, still alive i see.", and that's the end of that. To scene does not continue, he just stand there. I tried dropping the files, i tried putting it in his backpack on the ground, everything. No progress.

2. (Basically the same as above) You can find a document called "Network Structure Plans" in a tent in the CSAT sawmill camp at grid 118069. I pick it up and proceeded doing the same as above, same results all 4 times.

3. When I go to Cerebu (grid 021046) to support L'Ensemble in their NVG attack towards the CSAT: Base (Fuel Depot) (Grid 022063), the mission itself is very easy as your team-mates do most of the work. But as soon as the mission is over and CSAT has calmed down, you will get a message to go support them for a next mission. This is where the problem starts. 50% of the time, even if I get there 15-20 minutes ahead of the time we are supposed to meet, the mission dissapears from my available tasks as soon as Samjo calls me to let me know they will start the attack in 5 minutes. A few minutes pass and then he calls me about having to support the team somewhere else. Then this process repeats indeffinately. Sometimes the next area to support is so far away that I can't even reach it in the time given (Even if i fast travel/drive manually). If I ignore the support mission completely and move on to do other things, the map itself just breaks. Every single square inch of forrest and plains gets covered in dense minefields and makes the area unreasonably hard to manouver, and wherever you go there are CSAT and Syndicat fighting and jets all over the place.

For me personally, this repetition of bugs every singel time i replay the mission from the beginning, this bug has destroyed my motivation to keep playing. 4 times and countless hours of trial and error, I have given up on trying to play and make videos about this mission. If video proof is needed for the bug to get fixed, I will gladly post it. But not unless you acutally need it as I will have to do a quick edit as the clips are hours long.

Hope to get some feedback soon.
-Sgt. Ruggedballs

Edited by R0adki11
Added spoiler tags

On 4/15/2020 at 10:56 AM, DnA said:

Co-op is generally cool for sure, but unfortunately we will not be developing such version of Old Man (it would be also very complex, given the large-scale open-world nature) 😓

There are many Amateur mods for multiplayer sandbox (epoch, exile, various life mods where a huge number of units items and vehicles). You also had a ready-made co-op mode for Apex. Well, again, you can make a compromise so that the tasks are simply duplicated on the partner, or at least the first player was the main one and all interactions were conducted with him, and 2 (3 or 4) player(s) were just "empty dummies" without the ability to interact with the game world (we are talking about the gameplay of the mod, from which you can leave only automatic rapid movements if the main player teleported) while the "vanilla" options should be available (shooting, vehicles, etc.). Thanks for understanding. Please think about it.

@drydragonnext time please use the spoiler tags when posting about the campaign.

Can't give the doctor the medicine.

Can't give Miller the documents.

The storage at my house with all my items in it dissapeared, I have no idea why. That's very annoying. I tried to restart the game but seems like it's gone.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Or Schwartz said:

The storage at my house with all my items in it dissapeared, I have no idea why. That's very annoying. I tried to restart the game but seems like it's gone.

I was just updating my must have mods in preparation for an Old Man playthrough but I'll hold off for now. This kind of thing really needs to get sorted ASAP.

Haven't yet updated, don't want to lose my save... Running into an issue with the "flash drive" task

Spoiler

First time I went to the CSAT sawmill base that I had already cleared (enemies don't seem to respawn there). I uploaded the virus to a computer, and was told to turn off the power... Looked everywhere for the power supply, but couldn't find it... Reloaded tried multiple times. Then i cleared the bridge to Harcourt checkpoint... Only a laptop, it wouldn't let me upload.

After looting, I flew my xian to the Harcourt base that I had also cleared and enemies don't respawn.

Again, only a laptop, couldn't upload... But top secret documents showed up (again?).

Miller told me where a suitable base was, a harbor on the north shore of balavu... Went and cleared it, getting the officer keycard in the process, saved, tried to upload the virus... Nothing happened... Tried multiple times with different combinations of the flashdrive, keycard, and top secret docs in my possession (because, why not). I tried when the map was red, and after it was clear again - Nothing worked.

I left in the ifrit gmg that was in the base, and came back... And enemies at this base apparently do respawn, complete with custom weapon loadouts... Looks like I may be able to farm asp-1 kirs and titans there... At least clearing it additional times wont require getting around the ifrit.

Hello all,

Encountered a problem during the main campaign :

Spoiler

After getting the virus flash drive from Miller, il hired an insurgent team to attack the sawmill CSAT base. I took the access from an officer and got to a computer, where I correctly got the icon to "give item" which I suppose was to upload the virus on the computer. However I quickly saved before uploading it as I wasn't sure how to use the access card, but after saving, the icon to upload the virus doesn't appear anymore. I tried going back to Harcourt where I had already cleared the base, no luck there either. Then I tried raiding the CSAT base in Vagalala (which was still occupied by CSAT forced) where I found other computers but I couldn't get the icon there either.

Is there some way of fixing this ? I don't have a save anymore before my sawmill attempt so if not, I have to start over...😥

A lot of fails..... a lot!! And yet what i have to report doesen't appear in any reply. First from less worst to worst.

-Can´t make infiltration ¿really? Enough with a setCaptive and you lazy didn't.

-Dead bodies generates double. If you attempt to steal equipment or unifroms from death static units (such as IDAP or civilians) it will regenarate the unit on top of it, which of course this impact performance, and they see ugly. ¬_¬ clearly this happens with bodies, but when you take down a tree it doesn't regenarate.

-(Optional) Flying drones can be deactivated in air if you'are in a Quad; Which i mentioned optional due to the fact you may not do this option naturally, so isn't a bug in fact, but.... anyway, mentioned

- Spoiler Alert 

Spoiler

Documents and some inventory items disappear. When i get the task to investigate CSAT at harcourt port, i take the secret files (which have a model to  world at least, said for money) and put it in my inventory (container) the'll disappear, first i think it will be normal (probably just a IF !alive), the issue is when you're in front of Miller and can't deliver the documents to him. This is why the importance of a F...g BIS_fnc for add or substract items from inventory instead of a general clearCargo..which i guess it should be a class problem instead. Any way, i try it at least 3 times and nothing, i'm still in the campaign and i hope THIS is'nt relevan cause i continuet. Also this happen with some other docs, like those you find near an island in hartcourt,  i change them from my vest to my backpack and i see them disappear, (They wasn't full capacity, and i check ground too). 

-Control checkpoint doesn't work neither close to normal. Wether CSAT or Gendarmerie, they make the  "get close" (hands up animation), sometimes they skip the inspection (hand cross), and tell you to go on (finger pointing), which you rely on, and suddenly you're death cause "You Alert them" (even if you keep on road), also ¿How is suppose i can go through a checkpoint (when it work), if i have a explosive car, or making smuggle? nonsense. BTW this bug happens when i or i don't do the last sentence.  But back to the main bug also the titleCut only tells you Follow instuctions and it stuck. 

_Also, some drones in checkpoints appears wreck when they recon you (LOL), they fly without propellers and rusty (which means setDammage 1, i guess!).

I know  there's more but some people had report it. Hope an update.

Thanks for this good mission with plenty of tasks/sub-tasks and free chasing in entire world.
Two points I'd like to share:

- sometimes reinforcement units are stuck/dumb after the alarm period. Perhaps they should dismiss or even disappear, instead of staying for being shot. Initially I thought it was caused by an over-flooded scenario (AIs become dumb in this case like there is no time for all FSMs)... but other enemies are responsive...

- You can throw grenades or blow charges with no reaction at all in enemy camps, or just the fact AIs discover corpses. It's realistic that the player can remain unrevealed, but the alarm and the combat behavior should be triggered.

Thanks

Hello. I have a problem completing the final.

Spoiler

I still have the last ending - to give the medicine to the Syndicate. Samjo called and said to leave the medicine in a blue van. There is a green box in the blue van. I did this and nothing happened. I tried several times. I tried to rewind time, leave the mission area. No more ideas. This may be due to the fact that I have completed few missions to support the Syndicate?

Update

I tried to sell the medicine in the cache (like all other equipment) 😄. The doctor called me, thanked me for the medicine and advised me to run away from the island (that is, I got the ending with the transfer of the medicine to civilians), although at the moment it is closed in the house under the protection of the Syndicate.

Spoiler

uuhiHX6.jpg

One of the missions for L'Ensemble is bugged - there is no objective given after the call. Restarted 2 times with no progress, no mods used.

Hi,

after a few hours playing around and frequently supporting the guerillas I got this hint:

insurgentsfail27kjf.jpg

This wasn't since the beginning. There was a clear amount of money and a specific number of won fights. That changed sometimes later and I have no idea when and why.

Just unclear if I will be able to enhance my relationship to the guerrillas due to the lack of a proper counting. Any ideas?

Btw: something would be nice to know because its very useful in the "Old Man" role. I found no hint in the game's Field Manual:

Spoiler

Using the Enemy's uniform is nearly mandatory to successfully manage an operation.

You should know that you are able to wear the uniforms of CSAT and Gendarmerie. You should always wear uniform and headgear of the same organization, e.g. Gendarmerie or CSAT. Don't mix them up!

It's important to cover your face too. Best to use is the Balaclava, so you can stay undetected unless you're too close to the enemy.

Lack of face cover while wearing uniforms will make you far easier to be detected as intruder.

Watch the inventory menu:

- red exclamation mark means you are immediately identified as an enemy.

- yellow exclamation mark indicates better camouflage, but not perfect. Stay out of the reach of the enemy.

- green question mark indicates the best camouflage possible. But don't rely on that too much. Keep Distance to the enemy too, but you  are able stay nearer to them than in the "yellow exclamation mark" status.

Knowing this makes it much easier to enter enemy bases or approach their positions. Additional advantage: you're tolerated to wear open carry weapons as long as you are not idetified as hostile.

I got a rebreather and it did not complete the mission. I tried both the market and stealing it from Gendarmerie Base. 

2 hours ago, clausewitz said:

Hi,

after a few hours playing around and frequently supporting the guerillas I got this hint:

insurgentsfail27kjf.jpg

This wasn't since the beginning. There was a clear amount of money and a specific number of won fights. That changed sometimes later and I have no idea when and why.

Just unclear if I will be able to enhance my relationship to the guerrillas due to the lack of a proper counting. Any ideas?

Hide contents

Well, that is not standing, that is how far to the next level of insurgents

You are at 2 of 2, which is the highest level.

I guess at that level, they carry tac vests, launchers, aks and rpks (at least I have seen them doing so). I saw them at level zero attack a check point with pistols, kozlice shotguns, no body armor, and one guy with an AK but no spare magazines.

What do you want, level 3 insurgents with carrier rig specials, titan AT, and navid mmgs?

2 hours ago, Or Schwartz said:

I got a rebreather and it did not complete the mission. I tried both the market and stealing it from Gendarmerie Base. 

Have you tried going to where you need to go using the rebreather?

I forget how the task got checked off when I did it, and I know it can be glitchy.

I still can't progress on the virus upload mission, and I am afraid that I may have to revert a long way back, if I can even revert far enough