zozo

Arma 3 Apex: Old Man Feedback

The task 'Get Doctor Medicine' is still periodically alerting despite having been completed. Providing the doctor medicine individually still yields better results on the timer. e.g. Providing 19 packs of pills yields about 40-90 hours, where 13 pills given individually yields 240-480 hours. When I reached this amount the 'Get Doctor Medicine' task gave a completed notification, yet I'm still periodically alerted to complete the task.

The 'Destroy Radar' task seems to work well and the map icon is grayed out after completion, unfortunately the 'Destroy Mobile Radar' task completion doesn't cause the map icon to turn gray and the original CSAT infantry will respawn if you visit that area again. CSAT vehicles don't respawn at the mobile radar site, so that appears to be functioning.

I'd like to see the map icons grayed out for the destruction of AA sites, too.

Edit: I tried the AA sites again. This time, the mobile radar, taking the Network Structure codes, then the main radar. Both map icons were then grayed out.

Edited by Rochambeaubeau
Inconsistent task completion conditions

17 minutes ago, Electricleash said:

Anyone else getting this error:

It triggers at the 10:34 meeting with Keystone and causes really slowed down (pitched down) dialogue/VO.

No error here but I did have to wait until 10:35 for Miller and his camp to spawn.

On 3/7/2020 at 3:06 PM, Electricleash said:

Anyone else getting this error:

It triggers at the 10:34 meeting with Keystone and causes really slowed down (pitched down) dialogue/VO.

Yes, had the same error pop up. Maybe triggers if Miller's camp is already there when you come to the meeting point, I arrived there like an hour late?

Also had the earlier reported menu thingy in map view broken for seemingly no reason: at least the intel button stops working sometimes. And sometimes reloading a save may fix this.

3 hours ago, h - said:

Yes, had the same error pop up. Maybe triggers if Miller's camp is already there when you come to the meeting point, I arrived there like an hour late?

Also had the earlier reported menu thingy in map view broken for seemingly no reason: at least the intel button stops working sometimes. And sometimes reloading a save may fix this.

Yeah I generally was there waiting for his call, I don't like to be told 'You're late!' when I most certainly am not! 😄

I carried on and following conversations with him play as normal.

Edit: Oop nope, it happens in subsequent conversations with Miller in that camp location.

When I infiltrate the station looking for NVGs I get a pop up saying Sound_Awareness_WT_12 not found. This pops up when the guards notice me. 
sound_Error.jpg

• Like 1

Please add a space between the : and $ dollar sign on the inventory screen, and perhaps remove the space after as well.

Your money:$ 95
Your money: $95

Also, doesn't Tanoa use €?

I've had some fun playing this mission, however there seem to be some problems.

Spoiler

The Mission seems to soft-lock for me at harcourt. I completed some side missions (idap guy at the beach, wallet to the car repair shop, things like that.) and began getting errors unrelated to harcourt. I will link an imgur gallery with screenshots below.

When I then went to harcourt, I cleaned out the town without triggering alarms (or maybe the alarms were already broken at this point, because shooting some of the CSAT guys took a while, and there never triggered an alarm.) and then searched the harbour and every building in the town without getting anything. Did I miss something?

The errors usually appeared when l´ensemble were trying to attack some location.

Imgur Gallery: https://imgur.com/a/eG1v11l

Cheers,

Insta

Chiming in to ask for the inclusion of a history of multiple auto-saves, especially if you're playing in the standard save-limited mode.  I've been really enjoying it an have put in probably around 40 hours over the past week or so.  I just tried reloading my last save and now the game just crashes at the loading screen.  I have a manual backup from a couple days ago that works but I've lost any motivation to keep going at the moment.

Hey there!

I like this type of scenario quite a lot and its fun to play.

Regarding the feedback:

Bugs:

1. the radios (the one on the table playing music next to the sofa) in Old Man's house are duplicating - im not sure when that happens but I got around 10 standing on and under the table now. 

2. Ive seen a few AAF soldiers patrol Syndikat bases

3. (unsure about this one)

Spoiler

the doctor doesn't say anything if you bring him medicine after they relocated 

I was wondering if there is a way to reset damage done to fences, trees,... (=reload the map) when crashing into them with a car. I like the fact that it is persistent but sadly reduces my frames quite a lot. 

I just reported this on the feedback tracker. The tripwire mine needs tweaking. After you emplace a tripwire mine the player cannot move without triggering the explosive. I saw this same issue on Warlords Redux 0.57, too. Perhaps spawning the mine 10-20 cm in front of the player may solve the issue.

I had a problem with a support l'ensemble task:

Spoiler

They were attacking a checkpoint at a given time, I got there in advance and attacked. I wiped out the checkpoint before their attack came... they arrived just as my "wanted level" went away, and they are just standing/sitting/laying around in the middle of the road at the gate of the checkpoint, the time has passed, and its not completing. Sometimes if I walk around right by them, or shoot the utility drone nearby, a voice (in chinese) speaking, and the subtitles say something like "he's an imposter" or "he's an enemy agent)... then the l'ensemble guys open fire on me.

I don't know what to do... just walk away* and let the task fail and try again (I'm one attack away from leveling up the l'ensemble recruits)? Anyone else have this problem?

* At least it wouldn't be a total waste, I still got a fair amount of loot, including a Navid MMG with a nearly full ammo loadout.

The Japanese subtitles show all of the Tanoa-English in katakana, but it's hard to read, especially while driving. I can understand the expression but word breaks are hard to understand.
I suppose adding the space between words or just use kana at the end of text is improve the readability.

Does anyone know the fix for the mission where you have to fly the plane and pick up cargo?  After many crashes (with the plane), I finally landed in the field but nothing happens.  The guys are on the road with 3 vehicles, but when I go up to them I get one of those circular cues which sits me inside a vehicle with the words "You have reached your destination, get out to collect cargo."  I get out but nothing happens and there is no cargo.  Anyone else run into this?

I had a bug in the "install virus" task. I described it in a basic way in this thread as I initially thought I was doing something wrong. let me know if you need more details or a savegame.

On 3/29/2020 at 7:44 PM, instagoat said:

I've had some fun playing this mission, however there seem to be some problems.

Reveal hidden contents

The Mission seems to soft-lock for me at harcourt. I completed some side missions (idap guy at the beach, wallet to the car repair shop, things like that.) and began getting errors unrelated to harcourt. I will link an imgur gallery with screenshots below.

When I then went to harcourt, I cleaned out the town without triggering alarms (or maybe the alarms were already broken at this point, because shooting some of the CSAT guys took a while, and there never triggered an alarm.) and then searched the harbour and every building in the town without getting anything. Did I miss something?

The errors usually appeared when l´ensemble were trying to attack some location.

Imgur Gallery: https://imgur.com/a/eG1v11l

Cheers,

Insta

You need to take the documents next to the PC inside the building.

Bugs:

- Save get corrupted easily after certain point of the game, causing the game to crash when loaded, making loading progress really hard. (this is the most game breaking one, since it's almost impossible finish the game in just one sitting)

- If you accidentally drop ID in a stash after rescued the prisoner, ID would be delete like other items, render the objective unable to complete

- Games gets really resource heavy after a few hours, action script (like search intel) takes twice longer to execute. Seems like old assets aren't really deleted

- Following above, a few times furniture spawn right on me and instantly killed me, usually after game start to slow down.

- Sometimes rebel fireteam would act as hostile to player despite still showing green friendly tags

- Not sure if this is a glitch or I used it  wrong, I was almost never able to call in rebel assault. The boss guy told me they are attacking target but I don't see any rebel units showing up?

Wishlist:

- Able to recruit your own fireteam by paying rebels. Some locations like radar station or airfield is too difficult and unrealistic doing it lone wolf.

- Maybe rebel artillery support in the future? Could have single mortar fire a salvo to soften target. Can make it expensive or inaccurate to compensate it's power.

Questions:

- What's with outbreak zone? Do I have to wear CBRN suit and mask to go in?

- I noticed some enemy location don't spawn, while others spawn as soon as I left, why is that?

- I noticed there are finite number of enemy jet flyers, but they keep sending helicopters against me, sometimes 3 in a row. Is reinforcement random? Or that there is unlimited helicopters? I also only met wheel APC 3 times, and tracked IFV once.

- As above, what's the proper way to calling rebel assault? I used the watch to set attack time, but they almost never showed up.

Hi all. We are going to empty the data of the Workshop item very shortly, because update 1.98 for Arma 3 was released with Old Man integrated. Savegames from the Workshop beta will likely not be compatible, so please consider backing up this item's data if you wish to continue a session. We do recommend to start fresh on the vanilla version however. Thanks for your testing! Your continued feedback is also still welcomed here 👍

• Thanks 3

Congrats on release guys! Will finally give it a go soon.

2 hours ago, sarge (sgs) said:

Hi all. We are going to empty the data of the Workshop item very shortly, because update 1.98 for Arma 3 was released with Old Man integrated. Savegames from the Workshop beta will likely not be compatible, so please consider backing up this item's data if you wish to continue a session. We do recommend to start fresh on the vanilla version however. Thanks for your testing! Your continued feedback is also still welcomed here 👍

Can anyone point me to instructions how to back up / continue playing with the old version? I believe I'm close to the end of the mission and just lost the ability to play due to the update making savegaves not work anymore.

good afternoon. is there a plan to add a co-op mode for 2-4 players? that would be really cool.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, tomthetank said:

Can anyone point me to instructions how to back up / continue playing with the old version? I believe I'm close to the end of the mission and just lost the ability to play due to the update making savegaves not work anymore.

At the moment the beta is still on Workshop, but we'll remove the data there today or tomorrow, so consider copying it somewhere manually (or else Steam will automatically update it).

You can use the Legacy Branch for 1.96 on Arma 3 itself to have a compatible game version (see the SPOTREP with details).

10 hours ago, satt said:

good afternoon. is there a plan to add a co-op mode for 2-4 players? that would be really cool.

Co-op is generally cool for sure, but unfortunately we will not be developing such version of Old Man (it would be also very complex, given the large-scale open-world nature) 😓

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

- After I went to Harcourt and took the secert file with me, I went to Miller to give them back but when I am at his camp I can't give him the files.

Edit I killed Miller and now he dont respawn so i can't do anymore missions for him.

- Also it would be great if you have a police car with the sirens and the lamps on, that you can pass through a checkpoint without being checked. 

リリースありがとうございます。
聞きたいことがあるのですが、同じ地点のショップに二回訪れた時、商品が購入していないのにリストから消えてしまいます。商品はだんだん減っていき最終的に寝袋などしか残りません。これはどうすれば商品を再入荷してもらえるのでしょうか?

Thank you for the release.
I have a question, but when I visit a shop at the same location twice, the item disappears from the list even though I have not purchased it. The number of products will gradually decrease, and only sleeping bags will eventually remain. How can I get the product back in stock?

Hi @BIS!

I really like the interesting open-world gameplay of the OldMan ,but I would like to have more dangers for the player. It seems to me that the world around is still not as dangerous as it should be on such an island:

1. When inspecting a player’s vehicles (CSAT checkpoint inspection), the AI never finds a weapon that the player is carrying, even if the player’s vehicle is full of weapons and explosives.  A drone flies around a vehicle, but no one is looking inside? This is looks strange. So the search of vehicles in the game has no danger for the player. Let the CSAT detect a weapon inside the player’s transport, at least sometimes.

2. The player drives  freely past the CSAT patrols (infantry) - there is no danger. Let CSAT attack a player sometimes without warning, or orders to stop through a shout. Let him pick up player vehicle. Etc

3. I have never seen groups of CYNDICAT attack a player. Let him sometimes attack the player (even if the player is an ally) if the player is nearby during a CYNDICAT attack on CSAT forces. CSAT also must attack player if it under fire.

4. There is no theft in the Old Man. The player can leave the car full of expensive weapons and expensive ammunition, anywhere and never and nobody will steal it. No one will enter the player’s house and steal his values. Please try adding theft as part of the gameplay. Try adding keys to the doors, houses, vehicles. Let individual patrols of opponents take abandoned vehicles (hacking or without locks) aand penetrate storage houses, at least sometimes.

It would be amazing.

all this could give a greater sense of danger to the player and would look more realistic.

IMHO