zozo

Arma 3 Apex: Old Man Feedback

Only played a few hours so far, but I am having difficulty reading text on the map markers, so I'm not really sure what some of the markers mean.  I am using trial and lots of errors at times.

Also, when I receive a telephone call and I'm driving, I have to stop the vehicle and turn off the engine to hear what is being said. Muting the engine noise for the duration of the call would useful. (These could just be because I am blind and deaf)

The dogs barking at the house is really annoying. It would be more immersive if they were quiet and only barked when enemies are nearby.

The incessant radio chatter when attacking enemy positions is really distracting as well as being repetitive. I thought it was good at first, but the novelty has worn off very quickly. The chatter should be used more sparingly, and the language should reflect the enemies being faced rather than being a mixture of Chinese, French, etc.

I've found that the enemy bodies aren't persistent. I attacked a CSAT squad but a QRF turned up. Before I could deal with them, the original bodies were sinking into the ground in front of my eyes. Whilst this may be necessary in multiplayer, it does not need to be so aggressive in singleplayer. Bodies could be left around longer and shouldn't disappear within 600m of the player.

When assigning a task, the task isn't being highlighted on the map.

Spoiler

When I entered the Police Station in Vagilala I was given a task to steal some money. When I assign the task, there is no task shown on the map.

I also am unsure of the mechanics of using a sleeping bag to save/rest. Some better explanation would be useful.

Just a few early observations.

When I save and resume the mission all map markers placed by me are gone.

5 hours ago, alky_lee said:

I also am unsure of the mechanics of using a sleeping bag to save/rest. Some better explanation would be useful.

Regarding sleeping bags, my understanding is they are tied to the Waiting feature....

If you have a sleeping bag in your inventory and use the Waiting feature it allows you to save, rest, heal and lower your current threat level, the sleeping bag will then be removed from your inventory when you wake.

If you don't have a sleeping bag in your inventory the Waiting feature is just a waiting feature that passes time but doesn't allow you to save, rest, heal lower current threat level.

• Like 4

Spoiler

Anyone knows how to destroy the radar on Mount Tanoa correctly? I destroyed the entire building but the task didn't check.

20191221113352_1irkna.jpg

Edit: destroying the second one also doesn't succeed the associated task.

Crosspost from Steam discussion, expanded a little.

Been enjoying it quite a bit, fairly promising so far. But I have quite a few gripes and a couple suggestions:

- The radio noises that play when you are "wanted" are incredibly obnoxious, make it difficult to concentrate on what you're doing ie fighting enemies, part of which in closer quarters is listening out for their footsteps and speech, gunfire in general.
A way to disable this would be nice, but for expediency's sake it could just be removed completely.

- Similarly, the red overlay on the map in this state makes it difficult to read, especially when trying to follow or find dirt trails.

- The in-vehicle radio, phone calls and dialogue are usually way too quiet to hear over engines or tyres rolling (All volume sliders maxed).

- The "Action" music is overused and plays way too frequently, more often than not when there's nothing happening

- CSAT helicopters have a lot of difficulty landing when called in, and more often than not will just perpetually hang in the air close to their intended LZ.

- Most Checkpoints are far too easy to circumnavigate without any consequence, even if done in plain sight of their occupants. They are further undermined by the fast-travel system, which is currently risk- and cost-free.

- It's very ambiguous as to what will get you caught by checkpoints, or cause CSAT/Gendarmes to tell you to exit the vehicle and/or cause them to fire on you.

- CSAT/Gendarmes don't seem to care if you're wearing uniforms, vests etc. stolen from their bodies, or if you're driving (even armed) vehicles belonging to their faction.

- There's no way I'm aware of for the player to fully-repair a vehicle - there should be servicing facilities at ports, airfields and airstrips, in major towns with service garages etc.

- There's no way for the player to unflip or unstick vehicles they'd reasonably be able to.

- I couldn't find a way to directly recruit AI troops into my group. I'm not even sure if you're meant to be able to, but the description of camps make it seem that you are.
If you can, it's not explained clearly enough. If you can't, that's disappointing. A large part of the advantages of acquiring armed vehicles or transport helicopters is nullified if you have to crew them alone.

- Boats are incredibly rare despite there being many port towns. It's even more difficult to get your hands on an aircraft - One of the three I've come across means turning Syndikat hostile, the other two are fixed-wing and VTOL, thus require access to an airfield.

- A lack of vehicular CSAT patrols and ambient civilian vehicles makes the world seem a little bit dead, and makes it very rare that the player is ever surprised.

- Generally the garrisons at major facilities seem very thin, even without considering there's an ex-legionnaire blasting his way through swathes of CSAT and an indigenous insurgent movement actively holding territory against them. Particularly airfields and larger towns seem lacking, with only one manned enemy AFV at Lijnhaven airport.

- Ambient firefights between Syndikat and CSAT/Gendarmerie seem to occur too often, too close to the player and with the two sides spawning too close to each other.
It seems one is always guaranteed to happen North of the old man's home, allowing player access to mid-tier equipment immediately after completing their first objective. I think it'd be better if they couldn't happen until after Ensemble have you blow up that house, resulting in smoother progression from terrible shotgun > (most likely) a Gendarme's SMG > CSAT rifles.
I think if the player is spotted within ~100m of the participants of an active firefight, they should be considered hostile (to CSAT/Gendarmerie) regardless of whether they're unarmed.

- I managed to lose a quest item (Wallet with ID, along with some gear) by putting it into the inventory of the truck that spawns at the player's home. It wasn't clear that I'd have to first get into the vehicle to have it save its position and inventory. Again, the lack of a shared inventory (with practically infinite storage) for the safehouses leaves the player little choice but to use vehicles for storage.

Feature wishlist:
Fast Travel tweaks:
The player can only fast-travel between locations on the current island. This means there will always be some checkpoints to have to deal with, and avoids trivialising boats and aircraft.

When at a dock or airfield, fast-travel costs money, but can drop the player off at any point in water or open area respectively.

Civilian ferries/"boat taxis" that allow the player to fast-travel from its pick-up point to any coastal safehouse.

Safehouse stash tweaks:
All items placed in a safehouse stash are accessible from all safehouse stashes. Right now, if you're stockpiling equipment at the safehouses you're either going to centralise it (most likely at Player Home), or dump it into many different boxes across the map in which case it's very easy to lose track, or just put it all in the vehicle you intend to use, putting it at risk of loss.

When buying from a Market, the items can be purchased directly to the player-stash, appearing after a delay.

Purchase vehicles:
As previously mentioned, boats and aircraft seem incredibly difficult to acquire/maintain. There needs to be guaranteed ways for the players to be able to (Recursively) acquire them, even if they're very expensive, just so their means of transport can't be limited by losses. Simple enough, allow the player to buy vehicles at certain locations.
Armed vehicles would require the support of Syndikat and would generally be very expensive. CSAT vehicles would be exceedingly rare. The vast majority of purchasable vehicles would be unarmed, and it would be extremely uncommon to find military aircraft for sale, with civilian aircraft already being very expensive.

Garage system:
Garages are present at most safehouses and the player's home.
They allow you to store, recover, repair and sell vehicles, also allowing you to customise their components/paint-jobs.
You can access all stored vehicles from any garage.  Once you store one, it is saved permanently as a "Player vehicle" (Limit of 10?). The vehicle must be present in the garage to be repaired/customised.

If the player abandoned such a vehicle, its coordinates are displayed in the garage UI, and  the player has the option to recover it to the garage at no cost, but it takes a couple in-game hours to become available.

Even the wrecks of destroyed vehicles can be recovered. The fee and length of time it takes to recover and repair a vehicle depends on several factors - Civil/Military, armed/unarmed, vehicle class (Ie. Cars, Trucks, AFVs, Aircraft).
Armed and/or military vehicles require the cooperation of Syndikat to be recovered and repaired - Civilians wouldn't risk being caught by CSAT/Gendarme in salvaging a military and/or combat vehicle.
Aircraft would have their own "garage"/hangar, only accessible from airfields and/or safehouses with reasonable helicopter LZs.

Repairing a damaged but functional vehicle, of course, also costs money and takes time. Rearming, where applicable, costs depending on the vehicle's armaments. Refuelling is done automatically.

Call Guerrillas:
Allow the player to specify the direction of attack, behaviour of the units (Ie. "Engage from here" or "Sneak in from here". ) and equipment (Sliders for AT launchers, Machine-guns, AA launchers etc). The more depth here the better, it'd be especially nice to be able to specify separate base-of-fire and assault elements.

Calls/Contacts:
It's easy to quickly become overwhelmed with tasks. Most, particularly those of L'ensemble/Syndikat, the player should start manually, as getting spammed with constant attack objectives that are out of your way is an annoyance at best.
 Ie. once you complete the Night Vision mission and the one that follows, the Ensemble guy tells you "We got more work for you, give me a call/message when you're ready". When he does, the player is given a selection of missions to participate in. The types and locations of these radiant missions are recycled each day.

Random checkpoints/outposts:
Every 2 or so in-game days, CSAT and the Gendarmerie will set up minor checkpoints in different locations. The current checkpoints would be permanent, these would be smaller roadblocks and such, forcing the player to constantly adapt their route-plan.

Escalating response:
It's difficult to really feel like a guerrilla when you're fighting light infantry patrols the vast majority of the time, and can largely move around the islands with impunity. The player would have a somewhat more persistent "alert level", which could take several days to fully diminish. The higher the alert level, the more severe the QRFs sent against you when you engage CSAT. Larger in number, then throwing in the odd light armed vehicle, graduating to medium armour and attack aircraft. Meanwhile, Gendarmes should start bringing out SPAR-16s and LIM-85s.

23 hours ago, Rydygier said:

Is it designed to enable stealthy approach? if so, doesn't work apparently. Tried to enter some restricted area in sneaky manner (testing, if I can complete the scenario without direct violence), and seems, I'm inevitably detected by someone certainly not seeing me (there's a wall between us, healthy (as for potential detection by noise) distance and he is looking in opposite direction, still speaks to me). Like the only criteria used is the distance to the unit and the presence inside restricted area. So, question is, is there any sense in attempts of unarmed, non-violent gameplay style, or should I drop this as futile and grab the gun?

I'm assuming, there's no any roleplay-like "talk through the guard" possibilities. 

What could be useful in general - making clear, how internal scenario logic works, what player can try (talk, sneak, shoot...), and where are immersion/realism boundaries. It's... unobvious currently. 

I'm not sure if it counts but

Spoiler

after delivering the truck for the doc, I snuck into the outbreak zone at Luganville, unarmed. I crawled up through the short crops to the parked Ifrit and had 2 patrolling CSAT pass within 5m of me and managed to remained hidden. I think it depends on you having been detected.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Morbo5131 said:

- The "Action" music is overused and plays way too frequently, more often than not when there's nothing happening

That might be the in-vehicle radio, which currently only plays generic Arma music every so often. I'm not sure if I've actually heard music otherwise.

Also, regarding vehicle/weapon storage, I get the feeling that you're really not supposed to be stockpiling large amounts of stuff. The cache system, for instance, works a lot better as actual places to rest/rearm, as opposed to being loot spawns that mostly contain redundant equipment (why would I need two backpacks, three rifles, and an SMG all at once?). It's kinda weird if you're used to the typical open world formula, but at the same time I kind of like it; it makes it feel like you're actually just a guy with a gun and not the owner of a private army.

@Morbo5131
I Agree with almost everything your saying and i like your suggestion.

17 hours ago, Morbo5131 said:

- The radio noises that play when you are "wanted" are incredibly obnoxious, make it difficult to concentrate on what you're doing ie fighting enemies, part of which in closer quarters is listening out for their footsteps and speech, gunfire in general.
A way to disable this would be nice, but for expediency's sake it could just be removed completely.

Either the radio chatter or the map overlay has to stay thou. Or we need something else that tells you if you are still considered hostile or not.

- There's no way I'm aware of for the player to fully-repair a vehicle - there should be servicing facilities at ports, airfields and airstrips, in major towns with service garages etc.

You can repair your vehicle at every Civilian repair vehicle (Offroader with lights on top and the VAN's).

All items placed in a safehouse stash are accessible from all safehouse stashes. Right now, if you're stockpiling equipment at the safehouses you're either going to centralise it (most likely at Player Home), or dump it into many different boxes across the map in which case it's very easy to lose track, or just put it all in the vehicle you intend to use, putting it at risk of loss.

When buying from a Market, the items can be purchased directly to the player-stash, appearing after a delay.

I would not like a shared safehouse storage. I prefer that i have to fight with the equipment that is accesable to me in a certain region.
If i don't have the stuff i want at a certain place than i have to transport it there or i get it by attacking CSAT or finding a geo cache.
Implementing this feature would quickly result in constantly running arround with the same perfect loudout.

I totally agree with everything else!

• Like 1

I'm having a lot of trouble with the fast travel system.  It started out working most of the time and at this point I mostly just drive to my destination due to the fast travel available message never showing up for me.  The worst part is that the old man's home seems to be the worst location for fast travel not showing up.

Love it so far! A few snags but hey its an incredibly complicated Arma mission so I'm willing to forgive them all. 😉 (please don't start looking for the errors in my own missions - you'll be writing feedback for a long time)! 😳

Game play feedback:

I started out trying to incognito the whole thing but got shot a couple of times for a reason i wasn't given any feedback on. Maybe a line or two about what law I had broken so as to to better understand the mechanics. 

Maybe a confiscation of gear and 'jail time' mechanic would sometimes be an intermediate punishment for some minor infraction like walking or driving too close to a patrol... 

I've since just been rolling about fully armoured and armed to the teeth cutting my own tracks through jungle in order to avoid road blocks - which feels like i'm cheating.

I'd like a way of smuggling a pistol and a rifle through a check point if I remember to take off my combat looking gear and the thing isn't full to the brim with 12 AKs and 3 RPG launchers. - Again not a clue how to implement this? How did Fallout New Vegas do their holdout weapon check?

Fuel consumption:

Is it only the offroad pickups that have accelerated fuel consumption? I noticed that my start vic quickly used up its fuel and I dutifully filled up before

Spoiler

blowing up a shack 

Then abandoned that truck not long after to

Spoiler

deliver a Zamak to the doctor - wasting $90 worth of diesel! 

For a time I was driving a Quillin and a motor boat - both of which seemed to be on normal consumption rates. 

I don't dislike the accelerated consumption idea but i think a balance should be found between the OM rate of the offroads and the standard A3 rate and apply it universally.

Side Missions:

I found a body at

Spoiler

093060 and a diary with an attached side mission which i could not figure out how to read said diary

but this could well be a user error rather than a script error!

Sound:

The radio seems a lot louder than the voices in game. The car radio is also a bit obnoxious. Thanks for including the turn off.

The "you're near enemies" tension music is just a like bit off. Perhaps it needs a few stages of you're moving into an toasty zone and Aegis_Blues or a list of similar tracks start. Then when the SHTF we dive into No_Time_For_Questions and its ilk. 

Miller sounds a bit off and not as excited as he did on Stratis - not quite full Geordie. Is there a new VA?

I cant decide if Old Man is better a silent protagonist or if it would be nice to hear him interact with his callers and friends...

Saves:

I don't mind the sleeping bag save system - it reminds me of Kingdom  Come Deliverance - plus there's plenty of them about! Maybe a few more auto saves would be handy along mission stages but how easy that is do on such a open run about nonlinear mission...

I read above some one saying that a few saves to choose from at load would be good and i whole heartedly agree.

Keep up the good work and Its great to see Arma3 still getting some love from BI even though something called Vigor is now at the top of the forums...!

9 hours ago, Kreu said:

@Morbo5131

I would not like a shared safehouse storage. I prefer that i have to fight with the equipment that is accesable to me in a certain region.
If i don't have the stuff i want at a certain place than i have to transport it there or i get it by attacking CSAT or finding a geo cache.
Implementing this feature would quickly result in constantly running arround with the same perfect loudout

I can understand your POV, and would agree with you if ArmA's inventory system weren't awkward as it is. The amount of shiftng stuff around makes inventory management tedious.

Another things:

1. Fast traveling does not consuming needed time. 

2 Silos destruction mission is broken. 

Spoiler

Yes, AI is fine, blows up the silos, Samjo is calling me, retreat, but! The task is stuck at the stage before attack, it never switches to next stage of task, so the task is never completed.  

Another try. A few more. 

Spoiler

1. Samjo calls off the attack when "my" team dies, but the second team is still fighting. 
2. Samjo calls off the attack when the silos are destroyed, but the explosion kills most of the Syndicate fighters. It does make any sense. Why are they blowing themselves up...

Task is also never switching to next stage. 

Then I was pissed, so I tried to reload my second autosave, which was saved before my arriving to Cerebu, but! Instead of this game loads some autosave from the first checkpoint from the beginning of the mission, so, hours of gameplay came to nothing 😡

• Like 1

On 12/20/2019 at 4:46 PM, Rydygier said:

Not yet, but that was my last idea for the next time. 

So, tried stealth at night. Slow crawl and darkness seem to help. Perhaps it is based on knowsAbout factor...

Spoiler

There's a mysterious body with some diary to be found on the Cocoa Island, at the cache, however when diary item is picked up, no notes to read appear anywhere, intel log for this find stays empty. Not clear, what to do with this...

Not sure, if/how much it is an issue, and how to remedy, if so, but the fact is, checkpoints often can be ridiculously easy bypassed by going offroad etc. If that's a problem, perhaps checkpoint staff should react seeing such an attempt?

Also I can confirm serious FPS drops (below 30) at towns (could be Tanoa itself thing).

General note about black market economy: there's too much advanced weaponry to be found at the corpses or in the caches. If obtaining advanced weaponry for free is easy, there's no point for buying such stuff (and no motivation and joy when enough money is obtained to buy something fancy). If limiting access to the weaponry is difficult due to realism - many firefights around, each body means a rifle etc. Then ammo can be made rare and/or expensive. 

Another thing: from my own experience, it could be good idea to make some aspects of gameplay optional/customizable at init. It could work nicely for free saves issue (some people require them to actually enjoy the gameplay, some on the contrary, why not to please both?), there could be an option to choose density of random fights, weapons to be found, enviromental stuff like the weather etc. etc. 

Also, if that's the truth, what I've read, that fast travel means leaving current vehicle behind, it should be otherwise IMO - currently assigned vehicle should be moved along with me. Player often will have some valuables in the vehicle. 

So far enjoying this mission a lot. 🙂

• Like 1

Adding to previously mentioned feedback on checkpoints, not only are they particularly easy to just drive around, but some can be completely driven through at high speed with no resistance at all, no threat level rising even. I used this to get past the checkpoint on the bridge to get to the southern island. 

1st off - Havent played more than a few minutes because  honestly have been buried behind code for too many years and want to "just play" and not think about whats behind the curtain. Figure it will take a few go arounds for bugs to be smoothed out and then ill jump in feet first in my ol man trousers and bed slippers

That said reading on the feedback about checkpoints, rising/lowering threat levels - there are alot of incognito-type scripts around i wonder if they are using any of them or similar inhouse solutions? The game has always needed more of an ambiguous threat reaction something like:

Now of course its hacky, but the point being you had 3 chances with warning to enter these guards areas with weapons raised or else..blast em!

Props for finally releasing this old promise - sadly its release was fortold in an ol biblical prophecy so earthwide destruction is now imminent

• Like 2

Spoiler

Also can't finish the "Install Flash Drive" task. I uploaded the virus, even at the base Miller recommended, and the stick is gone from my inventory. But the task didn't check.

Edit: to make it even worse, I'm now getting annoying calls from Miller that I should finally adress that task.

Edit2:

Spoiler

Just to follow up on this. It seems the task to take the stick does not get checked, not the one to actually upload anything. The stick respawned for me and I can pick it up again but I cannot progress this questline.

I have a problem with the main quest.

Spoiler

I found the evidence in Haircourt and got tasked to take it to Keystone. But once i arrive there i can't give it to Miller.
I also have stuff from the "destroy fuel depot" mission. I found it right next to the entrance. But i can't give this to Miller either.

Ran into a weird dupe bug. I had stolen a CSAT patrol boat, and had stored my usual gear in it so I could wear a diving suit. When I went to put my normal stuff on, it worked, but my gear wasn't deleted from the vehicle inventory and the stuff I was taking off was deposited on the ground. I could keep putting on the same equipment to continuously generate vests and uniforms, inventory included.

Also, there seem to be a lot of inventory bugs and wonkiness. Most if not all of them are probably just platform bugs (not being able to change equipment while in a vehicle is a classic), but the amount of inventory management in OldMan really shines a light on them. Just to list some:

• General unresponsiveness in inventory updates. You try to move something, it only moves after a couple of seconds.
  • The aforementioned issue with inventory in vehicles. Sometimes you can't move equipment, say, between your vest and backpack in a vehicle for no apparent reason. Or you aren't able to swap out uniforms/vests/backpacks.
  • Objects swapping places when you move an item. Particularly annoying when you're trying to sell a bunch of one type of item.
  • Like 1

I've now finished it, I think.

Spoiler

Coming back to my first two posts, I skipped the stuck questlines, cheated, and went onto the CSAT island by myself. Blew up the dome and then stole a VTOL to get to Miller. Tried both obvious ways: following him and finishing the mission, or killing him to get the vaccine. I could finish the former but the latter wouldn't give me a final task or anything. The good Doctor just took it and then told me to use some Mini-Sub somewhere. I just ended it there because I got no task with further info.

Pros:

• Nice idea. Tanoa lacked good SP content. I finally got to explore the map and discovered some cool new places for myself.
  • Scenes are nicely curated. Lots of details. I like that. Finally, a map with some ambient life on it.
  • I spent most of the time driving around and dodging checkpoints which was actually the most fun aspect for me.
  • The sort of humanitarian questline was the most interesting to me, unfortunately it was also the shortest.
  • I haven't had a look at the implementation yet but I'm sure there's a lot of good stuff for other creators there in terms of assets, functions, frameworks etc.

Cons:

• The performance is fairly bad as one would expect in an Arma 3 open world mission. FPS were frequently jumping around between 22 and 45. Sometimes for no apparent reason, i.e. low frame rate in the middle of nowhere.
  • The voice acting is a mixed bag, ranging from alright to awful. Miller's speaker is doing a sterling job as usual. The rest of the cast not so much with the locals being hillariously bad at times.
  • No free savegames are just bad practice. Kingdom Come tried to push that and I cheated around it. Same here. If you want to make the player consider his decisions more carefully, find another way to do so.
  • Phone calls always seem to come in at the wrong time. I.e. I found a piece of intel in an enemy base and then got into a big firefight while like two people are calling to tell me something and I just don't have the time to listen to them. I've missed like half the important convos that way. Would be better if we had a system like in GTA where the player can deny calls until later.
  • Unfortuantely, the mission shows what's still wrong Arma:
    • The action menu that just needs to die so badly (placing explosives while trying to open doors).
    • Wonky AI behaviour, getting spotted through walls.
    • Not being able to unfuck situations like being stuck in rocks, flipping cars, boats stuck on the shore etc.
    • The inventory system which still doesn't allow you to change gear when sitting in a vehicle (most of the time at least) and is generally clunky to use. Even more so when there's a shop system attached to it.
  • The accelerated fuel consumption is unnecessary. I had other missions before where I naturally went bingo fuel just because they took so long.
  • Fast travel does not come at any risk or cost. Also, it doesn't seem to work from the Old Man's home. Not sure if intended becasue one can fast travel to it.
  • The Syndikat calls for attacks are a bit annoying. I didn't even take part in any of them.
  • Like 3

First off, Free new content = amazing. Not only is it free but it is a new unique way to play Arma 3. I've played about 3.5 hours so far and I gotta say it is so cool to see an RPG mode with economics, fast travel, and missions sort of reminds me of Far Cry or GTA. Now I will say there are some issues including saving, the road checkpoints, missions, and FPS. 

Issue #1: Saving
First, let me start with saving, right now the scenario only autosaves at certain points like when you complete an objective which is very irritating at times when you've traveled very far only to die and due to poor saving have to travel that same path again and again till the next save point. 

Issue #2: Checkpoints
Next, I will talk about the road checkpoints and missions, overall the road checkpoints are cool and add to the game as they make you have to think and adjust your play style but they tend to break sometimes and simply not work. At every checkpoint, there are these drones that scan your vehicle and for this to happen you must first drive on the specific path which triggers the script and its mostly hit or miss and sometimes this happens with missions making it impossible to move on. 

Issue #3: FPS
Now a quick note on fps, why is it so low? I understand low fps on multiplayer servers but this is a single-player one person scenario to me it just doesn't make sense but it does not ruin the experience since I'm so used to low fps in Arma 3.

Issue #4: Radio Chatter

The radio chatter, while you are in trouble with CSAT or the Gendarmerie, gets very irritating as it is simply an audio loop.

Suggestions
Finally, I'd like to give you some suggestions. First, I think they could add in the holster weapons script with CTRL + H. Second, the flip vehicle script and the tow script would also be nice. Third, Co-op would be an amazing addition. Lastly, the AI could be a little bit smarter.

That's it for me I think overall this is a great mod and I believe it will be amazing once it officially releases. Very excited about this one!

Agree on the specificity of the Checkpoint stop -was pretty confused where exactly they wanted me to drive up to and got murdered a few times. Perhaps tighter pointing animations and more distinct stop zone (Giant X) unless of course.. you want them to murder us o.O

36 minutes ago, James Bonds said:

Issue #1: Saving
First, let me start with saving, right now the scenario only autosaves at certain points like when you complete an objective which is very irritating at times when you've traveled very far only to die and due to poor saving have to travel that same path again and again till the next save point.

I've mentioned it earlier in the thread, but try sleeping more. Sleeping is free at caches and cheap at safehouses, doesn't take up any time, heals you to full and saves the game. You can even create saves anywhere by waiting with a sleeping bag in your inventory. It's super helpful if you know you're about to get into a fight.

I wouldn't be opposed to a manual save option, but the current save system is sooo much better if you know how powerful sleeping is.

• Like 1

Just a thing about delivering the Malaria medication to Dr. Drabek:

I bought a box of medicine at the Black Market and handed it over to the doctor. But the task is not terminated.

What's the problem? Does he need more than one? There's no hint about that.

I started again from last savegame but same result.

How to satisfy the doctor's needs?

Edited by R0adki11
added spoiler tags

2 hours ago, clausewitz said:

Just a thing about delivering the Malaria medication to Dr. Drabek:

I bought a box of medicine at the Black Market and handed it over to the doctor. But the task is not terminated.

What's the problem? Does he need more than one? There's no hint about that.

I started again from last savegame but same result.

How to satisfy the doctor's needs?

Spoiler

In the task, there is a hour countdown means how long actual supply of medicine lasts, then doctors patients dies. You need to keep him supply continuously to the point when... it has something to do with the cure. 

3 hours ago, froggyluv said:

Agree on the specificity of the Checkpoint stop -was pretty confused where exactly they wanted me to drive up to and got murdered a few times. Perhaps tighter pointing animations and more distinct stop zone (Giant X) unless of course.. you want them to murder us o.O

Just watch guard's hands, he will tell you when you should stop. I have never problem with it. 

Edited by R0adki11
added spoiler tags

@clausewitztry to use spoiler tags as per our forum rules, not everyone may have played the mission yet.

3 hours ago, James Bonds said:

Issue #3: FPS
Now a quick note on fps, why is it so low? I understand low fps on multiplayer servers but this is a single-player one person scenario to me it just doesn't make sense but it does not ruin the experience since I'm so used to low fps in Arma 3.

Not sure what your on about FPS, are you running other mods? Whats your PC spec like?

Suggestions
 Second, the flip vehicle script and the tow script would also be nice. Third, Co-op would be an amazing addition.

Why would we need a flip vehicle script, if you crash your car perhaps learn to take care of it better.

2 hours ago, Bobrus said:

Reveal hidden contents

In the task, there is a hour countdown means how long actual supply of medicine lasts, then doctors patients dies. You need to keep him supply continuously to the point when... it has something to do with the cure. 

Just watch guard's hands, he will tell you when you should stop. I have never problem with it. 

found out something useful:

Spoiler

When I delivered three items of medicine the doctor has been satisfied and the task ist accomplished. Unfortunately there's no hint how much he needs.

OK, trial and error 🙂