zozo

Arma 3 Apex: Old Man Feedback

Update 14-04-2020: today we have released the 1.98 update for Arma 3, which brings the Old Man scenario to the vanilla platform (loaded by default). We will soon be emptying the Steam Workshop item and leaving it as deprecated just for historical context. You are recommended to unsubscribe from the item already, or at least to not load it into the game. We also recommend starting a fresh play session, instead of continuing from any old save. There have been many improvements and fixes, often thanks to your feedback. Kudos to all of you for sharing your thoughts with us. We will of course still be reading this thread for potential improvements in the future 👴

Original post:

Hi community!

As you may have seen from our announcement, we have today published the Bohemia Incubator beta version of Arma 3 Apex: Old Man to Steam Workshop. We've taken a bit of a different approach due to the nature of this experimental singleplayer open-world scenario. Anyone on Arma 3's main branch can subscribe to the item for free, however you will need to own Arma 3 Apex, since the scenario takes places on Tanoa. During the coming weeks we will be eagerly reading your feedback and evaluating whether we can add Old Man to the vanilla platform in 2020. The data is distributed under the APL-SA license, so that community developers can explore and possibly extend it for their own creations. This also means we will not be using encrypted EBO files now or later. Note that some of the extra platform additions, such as the static M2 .50 MG, will quite likely be added in Arma 3 update 1.98 regardless. Check out the full announcement for all the details!

old_man_beta_keyart.jpg.dc2772450293726fcd99c24fcc7cb028.jpg

How to play the scenario?

1. Subscribe to the Workshop item.
  2. Wait for your Steam client to download and install the data.
  3. Start the Arma 3 official Launcher (using main branch).
  4. Visit the MODS tab.
  5. Load Arma 3 Apex: Old Man (Beta).
  6. Press PLAY to launch the game.
  7. In the game's main menu, go to SINGLEPLAYER > SCENARIOS.
  8. Select Old Man and press PLAY.

Known issues?

• This beta version is still a work-in-progress, so please consider whether you want to jump in now or rather wait for a later version.
  • When we inevitably update the scenario with fixes, older (mid-scenario) saves may no longer load. Unfortunately there is no way around this.
    • Consider making a local back-up copy of the 'mod' files in order to finish a play-through (more details here⚠️
  • While we've set up the data for eventual later integration into the platform, note that some details may have to change.
    • We don't recommend to base your own content or mods on specific class names or file paths yet for example.
  • Most of Old Man is not yet localized, although we do have translations in progress. Various English texts may still see iterations.

Where to share feedback?

• Here! Please use the spoiler widget when discussing plot points.
  • You can post concrete issues with reproduction methods to Feedback Tracker.
  • And the Workshop item itself also has several pinned discussions for various types of feedback.

Thanks a lot for your input. Have fun!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

I will edit this post with bugs/issues/feedback that I find while playing.

The text under the pictures when mousing over markers on the map is very hard to read, could it be possible to increase the size of the text?
https://gyazo.com/2985e0fffca9d138441e264fc512634a

First time arriving at my house and the laptop appears to be clipping with the table

- After waking up from the first sleep the laptop was back in the correct position

https://gyazo.com/ff516ac272a4422dc0d6d9d4b8ad2237

This might just be an artistic choice but the font for the time in the map almost feels a bit off compared to what would be expected.
https://gyazo.com/e24787b8e495f5f5e09843c71379778c

Localization and spacing issues on the insurgent assaults map panel
https://gyazo.com/6b9fc9215cc76f9b2f9d223b69adbe19

Map marker tooltip titles cut off due to length
https://gyazo.com/01fc1a4335dd48cdae24d78e3efed137

.inc file errors, mainly missing characters at end of line,

Spoiler

4:53:40 File a3\Missions_F_Oldman\Systems\UI\SyndikatTeam\RscDatetimeSlider.inc, line 73: '/RscDatetimeSelector/Controls/ButtonConfirm.action': Missing ';' at the end of line
4:53:40 File a3\Missions_F_Oldman\Systems\UI\SyndikatTeam\RscDatetimeSlider.inc, line 92: '/RscDatetimeSelector/Controls/MySlider.onSliderPosChanged': Missing ';' prior '}'
4:53:40 File a3\Missions_F_Oldman\Systems\UI\Rsc_OM_Slider.inc, line 181: '/RscRestUI/Controls/TitleDescription.text': Missing ';' at the end of line
4:53:40 File a3\Missions_F_Oldman\Systems\UI\Rsc_OM_Slider.inc, line 220: '/RscRestUI/Controls/numberTitle.text': Missing ';' at the end of line
4:53:40 File A3\Missions_F_Oldman\Campaign\Missions\cfgQuests_Syndikat.inc, line 18: '/cfgQuests/SupportQuestTemplate_SyndikatAgent/StateModifiers/Assigned.code': Missing ';' at the end of line
4:53:40 File A3\Missions_F_Oldman\Campaign\Missions\cfgQuests_Syndikat.inc, line 23: '/cfgQuests/SupportQuestTemplate_SyndikatAgent/StateModifiers/Progressing.code': Missing ';' at the end of line
4:53:51 File a3\Missions_F_Oldman\Systems\UI\SyndikatTeam\RscDatetimeSlider.inc, line 73: '/RscDatetimeSelector/Controls/ButtonConfirm.action': Missing ';' at the end of line
4:53:51 File a3\Missions_F_Oldman\Systems\UI\SyndikatTeam\RscDatetimeSlider.inc, line 92: '/RscDatetimeSelector/Controls/MySlider.onSliderPosChanged': Missing ';' prior '}'
4:53:51 File a3\Missions_F_Oldman\Systems\UI\Rsc_OM_Slider.inc, line 181: '/RscRestUI/Controls/TitleDescription.text': Missing ';' at the end of line
4:53:51 File a3\Missions_F_Oldman\Systems\UI\Rsc_OM_Slider.inc, line 220: '/RscRestUI/Controls/numberTitle.text': Missing ';' at the end of line
4:53:51 File A3\Missions_F_Oldman\Campaign\Missions\cfgQuests_Syndikat.inc, line 18: '/cfgQuests/SupportQuestTemplate_SyndikatAgent/StateModifiers/Assigned.code': Missing ';' at the end of line
4:53:51 File A3\Missions_F_Oldman\Campaign\Missions\cfgQuests_Syndikat.inc, line 23: '/cfgQuests/SupportQuestTemplate_SyndikatAgent/StateModifiers/Progressing.code': Missing ';' at the end of line
4:53:51 File a3\Missions_F_Oldman\Systems\UI\SyndikatTeam\RscDatetimeSlider.inc, line 73: '/RscDatetimeSelector/Controls/ButtonConfirm.action': Missing ';' at the end of line
4:53:51 File a3\Missions_F_Oldman\Systems\UI\SyndikatTeam\RscDatetimeSlider.inc, line 92: '/RscDatetimeSelector/Controls/MySlider.onSliderPosChanged': Missing ';' prior '}'
4:53:51 File a3\Missions_F_Oldman\Systems\UI\Rsc_OM_Slider.inc, line 181: '/RscRestUI/Controls/TitleDescription.text': Missing ';' at the end of line
4:53:51 File a3\Missions_F_Oldman\Systems\UI\Rsc_OM_Slider.inc, line 220: '/RscRestUI/Controls/numberTitle.text': Missing ';' at the end of line
4:53:51 File A3\Missions_F_Oldman\Campaign\Missions\cfgQuests_Syndikat.inc, line 18: '/cfgQuests/SupportQuestTemplate_SyndikatAgent/StateModifiers/Assigned.code': Missing ';' at the end of line
4:53:51 File A3\Missions_F_Oldman\Campaign\Missions\cfgQuests_Syndikat.inc, line 23: '/cfgQuests/SupportQuestTemplate_SyndikatAgent/StateModifiers/Progressing.code': Missing ';' at the end of line
5:46:03 File a3\Missions_F_Oldman\Systems\UI\SyndikatTeam\RscDatetimeSlider.inc, line 73: '/RscDatetimeSelector/Controls/ButtonConfirm.action': Missing ';' at the end of line
5:46:03 File a3\Missions_F_Oldman\Systems\UI\SyndikatTeam\RscDatetimeSlider.inc, line 92: '/RscDatetimeSelector/Controls/MySlider.onSliderPosChanged': Missing ';' prior '}'
5:46:03 File a3\Missions_F_Oldman\Systems\UI\Rsc_OM_Slider.inc, line 181: '/RscRestUI/Controls/TitleDescription.text': Missing ';' at the end of line
5:46:03 File a3\Missions_F_Oldman\Systems\UI\Rsc_OM_Slider.inc, line 220: '/RscRestUI/Controls/numberTitle.text': Missing ';' at the end of line
5:46:03 File A3\Missions_F_Oldman\Campaign\Missions\cfgQuests_Syndikat.inc, line 18: '/cfgQuests/SupportQuestTemplate_SyndikatAgent/StateModifiers/Assigned.code': Missing ';' at the end of line
5:46:03 File A3\Missions_F_Oldman\Campaign\Missions\cfgQuests_Syndikat.inc, line 23: '/cfgQuests/SupportQuestTemplate_SyndikatAgent/StateModifiers/Progressing.code': Missing ';' at the end of line
5:57:48 File a3\Missions_F_Oldman\Systems\UI\SyndikatTeam\RscDatetimeSlider.inc, line 73: '/RscDatetimeSelector/Controls/ButtonConfirm.action': Missing ';' at the end of line
5:57:48 File a3\Missions_F_Oldman\Systems\UI\SyndikatTeam\RscDatetimeSlider.inc, line 92: '/RscDatetimeSelector/Controls/MySlider.onSliderPosChanged': Missing ';' prior '}'
5:57:48 File a3\Missions_F_Oldman\Systems\UI\Rsc_OM_Slider.inc, line 181: '/RscRestUI/Controls/TitleDescription.text': Missing ';' at the end of line
5:57:48 File a3\Missions_F_Oldman\Systems\UI\Rsc_OM_Slider.inc, line 220: '/RscRestUI/Controls/numberTitle.text': Missing ';' at the end of line
5:57:48 File A3\Missions_F_Oldman\Campaign\Missions\cfgQuests_Syndikat.inc, line 18: '/cfgQuests/SupportQuestTemplate_SyndikatAgent/StateModifiers/Assigned.code': Missing ';' at the end of line
5:57:48 File A3\Missions_F_Oldman\Campaign\Missions\cfgQuests_Syndikat.inc, line 23: '/cfgQuests/SupportQuestTemplate_SyndikatAgent/StateModifiers/Progressing.code': Missing ';' at the end of line

Script error after getting the first airport task

Spoiler

8:18:47 Error in expression <
BIS_SQ5_T_PlaneB = ["T_SQ_T_Plane_B", [T_Plane_B]] call bis_fnc_questCreateManu>
8:18:47   Error position: <T_Plane_B]] call bis_fnc_questCreateManu>
8:18:47   Error Undefined variable in expression: t_plane_b
8:18:47 Error in expression <;
BIS_SQ5_T_Plane = ["T_SQ_T_Plane_A", [T_Plane_A]] call bis_fnc_questCreateManu>
8:18:47   Error position: <T_Plane_A]] call bis_fnc_questCreateManu>
8:18:47   Error Undefined variable in expression: t_plane_a
8:18:47 Error in expression <_quest setVariable [ "questPos", getPos _questObject]);
};	

100>
8:18:47   Error position: <_questObject]);
};	

100>
8:18:47   Error Undefined variable in expression: _questobject
8:18:47 File \A3\Missions_F_Oldman\Systems\scripts\Quests\Internal\fn_questStateCreate.sqf [BIS_fnc_questStateCreate]..., line 606
8:18:48 Error in expression <ts", "_markerParams"];

private _area = _syncObjects getVariable "objectArea";
p>
8:18:48   Error position: <_syncObjects getVariable "objectArea";
p>
8:18:48   Error Undefined variable in expression: _syncobjects
8:18:48 File A3\Missions_F_Oldman\Systems\scripts\Quests\Internal\transport\questInit.sqf..., line 14
8:18:48 Error in expression <_quest setVariable [ "questPos", getPos _questObject]);
};	

100>
8:18:48   Error position: <_questObject]);
};	

100>
8:18:48   Error Undefined variable in expression: _questobject
8:18:48 File \A3\Missions_F_Oldman\Systems\scripts\Quests\Internal\fn_questStateCreate.sqf [BIS_fnc_questStateCreate]..., line 606
8:18:48 Error in expression <")));
(_quest setVariable [ "questPos", _questPos]);

private _taskIds = [_taskS>
8:18:48   Error position: <_questPos]);

private _taskIds = [_taskS>
8:18:48   Error Undefined variable in expression: _questpos
8:18:48 File \A3\Missions_F_Oldman\Systems\scripts\Quests\Internal\fn_questStateCreate.sqf [BIS_fnc_questStateCreate]..., line 595

https://gyazo.com/3d335ea8b6f02c95137652c4c005b917

RPT spammed with the following messages

Spoiler

# of times message spammed over approx. 3.5 hours of playing, restarted mission once.
=====================================================================================
44x - Wrong text element 'marker'
86x - Serialization of Control variables is not implemented
110x - No speaker given for X
15,359x - DiaryParser: <t/> does not match to <font>
32,985x - Join to another group

Spoiler

After CSAT abandon the position outside of the starting graveyard, there is a floating box shown in the following image
https://gyazo.com/78eb9d3073a085ee41d7566603b70e0c

Subtitle font does not have symbols for french characters, leaves a blank space in words
https://gyazo.com/29e02036bdfd05d25724c1cdaca0a066

Selling items can cause a backlog of notifications which take a long time to go through. This is especially a problem when selling items which may be in large quantities e.g ammo/grenades etc.
https://gyazo.com/247ee0303bad82b44b97fa796c9685b2

Missing localization strings

Spoiler

String STR_A3_cfgmods_oldman_name0 not found
String str_a3_om_Syndikat_EnemyWarning_Soldier_A_02_02 not found
String str_a3_om_Syndikat_EnemyWarning_Soldier_A_02_02 not found
String Gendarmerie_PlayerWeapon_Gendarme_A_01 not found
String Gendarmerie_PlayerWeapon_Gendarme_B_01 not found
String str_a3_om_Gendarmerie_RestrictedArea_Gendarme_B_01_02 not found
String str_a3_om_Gendarmerie_RestrictedArea_Gendarme_B_01_02 not found
String str_a3_om_Syndikat_RestrictedAreaNight_Soldier_B_01 not found
String str_a3_om_Syndikat_RestrictedAreaNight_Soldier_B_01 not found
String STR_A3_OM_INTEL_InfectedSavaka not found
String STR_A3_ OM_INTEL_AADefenseSM_description not found
String OM_INTEL_AADefenseSM_title not found
String STR_A3_STR_A3_OM_INTEL_CivilDeadBody_Text not found
String STR_A3_Fighter_03_Canopy_name not found
String STR_A3_C_CfgVehicles_B_HMG_02_high_weapon_F0 not found
String STR_A3_C_CfgVehicles_O_HMG_02_high_weapon_F0 not found

=============================================

12/17/2019 @ 9:05pm (UTC) - End of first playthrough
Issues found in future playthroughs will be added below

=============================================

Spoiler

During the attack on the silos, I killed an unarmed opfor unit that was crouching beside the ifrit.
After killing him I'm now stuck with the following message on my screen
https://gyazo.com/2e8ddbee3f9587218905d8cd70d16429 
RPT info:

Spoiler

23:13:38 Error in expression <side _x == RESISTANCE && alive _x})#0;
[_bombMan] joinSilent grpNull;
_bombMan m>
23:13:38   Error position: <_bombMan] joinSilent grpNull;
_bombMan m>
23:13:38   Error Undefined variable in expression: _bombman
23:13:39 Error in expression <UP";

waitUntil {sleep 0.5 ; unitReady _bombMan};
_bombMan switchMove "amovperc>
23:13:39   Error position: <_bombMan};
_bombMan switchMove "amovperc>
23:13:39   Error Undefined variable in expression: _bombman

Edited by Asaayu

tecnical details  the DCL 120 not has a destroyed model/textures . the bullets of the M2 are a quite low resolution seems different from the Offroads M2Hb

900F1CE174A266FCDB9CEA9A00AA65BC9E18216C

• Like 2

Intro video, nitpicking, "Some still remember what it means to have fidelity and honor". I think I understand why you replaced those two words, still it would be good to have it as original "Honneur et Fidelite".

suggestion: move this topic on Dev branch changelog section so far just few person are aware of the new scenario/contents that section has more visibility
please no! the hunter clothes with lite carrier is atrocious!
?imw=637&imh=358&ima=fit&impolicy=Letter

• Like 2

loving all the info and assets we have been given BI! will try out the mission myself as soon as possible

I think there should be an option that allows allows you to turn on manual saving, or auto saves should be more frequent. i hit a small rock and my car randomly flew up into the air, and now i have to replay 1.5 hours of the scenario.

edit: after playing a bit more i realized that the game auto saves enough but it only saves the last one. it should save at least the last 3 so you can go back to before everything is messed up.

Some of the variables don't show up properly: 
https://gyazo.com/b48c70f54f3e8a1adb40eb37e5df64ff

French characters don't show up and leave a blank space

Not working here. Dev branch, mod loaded, and when i press play nothing happens.

Relevant dump ...

0:04:58 SimulWeather - Cloud Renderer - noise texture file is not specified!
 0:04:59 core\skyobject\skyobject.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape
 0:05:00 a3\data_f\krater.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape
 0:05:00 a3\data_f\koule.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape
 0:05:01 Loading movesType CfgGesturesMale
 0:05:01 Creating action map cache
 0:05:01 MovesType CfgGesturesMale load time 24 ms
 0:05:01 Loading movesType CfgMovesMaleSdr
 0:05:01 Reading cached action map data
 0:05:01 Warning: looped for animation: a3\anims_f_epa\data\anim\sdr\cts\hubcleaned\briefing\hubbriefing_loop.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: hubbriefing_ext
 0:05:01 Warning: looped for animation: a3\anims_f_epa\data\anim\sdr\cts\hubcleaned\spectator\hubspectator_stand.rtm differs (looped now 1)! MoveName: hubspectator_stand_contact
 0:05:01 MovesType CfgMovesMaleSdr load time 784 ms
 0:05:01 a3\characters_f\proxies\flag.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape
 0:05:09 File a3\Missions_F_Oldman\Systems\UI\SyndikatTeam\RscDatetimeSlider.inc, line 73: '/RscDatetimeSelector/Controls/ButtonConfirm.action': Missing ';' at the end of line
 0:05:09 File a3\Missions_F_Oldman\Systems\UI\SyndikatTeam\RscDatetimeSlider.inc, line 92: '/RscDatetimeSelector/Controls/MySlider.onSliderPosChanged': Missing ';' prior '}'
 0:05:09 File a3\Missions_F_Oldman\Systems\UI\Rsc_OM_Slider.inc, line 181: '/RscRestUI/Controls/TitleDescription.text': Missing ';' at the end of line
 0:05:09 File a3\Missions_F_Oldman\Systems\UI\Rsc_OM_Slider.inc, line 220: '/RscRestUI/Controls/numberTitle.text': Missing ';' at the end of line
 0:05:09 File A3\Missions_F_Oldman\Campaign\Missions\cfgQuests_Syndikat.inc, line 18: '/cfgQuests/SupportQuestTemplate_SyndikatAgent/StateModifiers/Assigned.code': Missing ';' at the end of line
 0:05:09 File A3\Missions_F_Oldman\Campaign\Missions\cfgQuests_Syndikat.inc, line 23: '/cfgQuests/SupportQuestTemplate_SyndikatAgent/StateModifiers/Progressing.code': Missing ';' at the end of line
 0:05:18 Shutdown normally
 0:05:18 SimulWeather - Cloud Renderer - noise texture file is not specified!
 0:05:18 Deinitialized shape [Class: "C_Soldier_VR_F"; Shape: "a3\characters_f_bootcamp\common\vr_soldier_f.p3d";]
 0:05:18 c:\bis\source\dev\futura\lib\network\networkserver.cpp ClearNetServer:NOT IMPLEMENTED - briefing!

I'm on the investigate camp mission and I'm having some issues with the first objective:

Spoiler

I'm trying to gather evidence and I've taken photographs of the whiteboard, the bodybags and the bloodstains. The only other obvious item is a pair of hazardous waste bags in the field, however I can not get any input prompt to show up from looking at them at any angle. Is this a bug (and can anyone else reproduce it), or is it not actually evidence and I'm missing something else? I have restarted from a save multiple times and it still does not work.

26 minutes ago, slowrider8 said:

I'm on the investigate camp mission and I'm having some issues with the first objective:

Hide contents

I'm trying to gather evidence and I've taken photographs of the whiteboard, the bodybags and the bloodstains. The only other obvious item is a pair of hazardous waste bags in the field, however I can not get any input prompt to show up from looking at them at any angle. Is this a bug (and can anyone else reproduce it), or is it not actually evidence and I'm missing something else? I have restarted from a save multiple times and it still does not work.

Same issue here.

Spoiler

Apparently some papers are have supposed to have spawned around the camp but unfortunately they do not seem to be there for me.

Also it would be great to have an option to disable the little white dot in the center of the screen, or have it disabled by default when the crosshairs are disabled as well.

Another thing to add, it would be nice to have some more feedback or maybe just some written information about what the player is or is not allowed to do around authority. Standing in-front of a gendarmerie, I had a combat vest on and they did not seem to be bothered (do they care about your clothes/armor at all?), however the second I opened my inventory he yelled to drop my weapon although I was not holding one (I did have weapons in my inventory including grenades). I proceeded to drop all my weapons and as I was doing so I was shot on the spot. Another time I was driving up to a convoy of CSAT vehicles that seemed to have stopped for repairs, I attempted to drive past but CSAT were standing in the road and got a little close to the car. They suddenly yelled to stop and get out the vehicle and then surrounded me with weapons drawn, but seeming to do nothing past this. I was then shot immediately when attempting to move. I don't really know what I did wrong and it wasn't really communicated to me through the gameplay much at all. 

Just now, slowrider8 said:

Another thing to add, it would be nice to have some more feedback or maybe just some written information about what the player is or is not allowed to do around authority. Standing in-front of a gendarmerie, I had a combat vest on and they did not seem to be bothered (do they care about your clothes/armor at all?), however the second I opened my inventory he yelled to drop my weapon although I was not holding one (I did have weapons in my inventory including grenades). I proceeded to drop all my weapons and as I was doing so I was shot on the spot. Another time I was driving up to a convoy of CSAT vehicles that seemed to have stopped for repairs, I attempted to drive past but CSAT were standing in the road and got a little close to the car. They suddenly yelled to stop and get out the vehicle and then surrounded me with weapons drawn, but seeming to do nothing past this. I was then shot immediately when attempting to move. I don't really know what I did wrong and it wasn't really communicated to me through the gameplay much at all. 

They give you one the Hints ("H" key by default) about how to not show yourself as a threat while near enemy units. Having weapons, wearing military uniforms, or getting too close to enemy units can set them off.  

• Like 1

This may seem like an incredibly basic question, as I don't play much Arma - but what do I need to bind controls to in order to be able to skip time? The hint just tells me CONTROL1 and CONTROL2, which I don't know what that is.

Just started, so initial things for now, as they appear. 

First -  I love this type of gameplay, so I'm truly happy, we got official, dynamic playable content dedicated specifically for singleplayer. Thank you very much! 

For now I'm still standing, where player starts. So far I like the plot's foundations and how they are given. Pleasantly personal, no hectic rush, player isn't dragged anywhere in hurry, has time to familiarize, immerse, decide course of action - great. 

One serious problem I see at this point is, what I kinda expected, this weird game design compulsion to enforce on player blocking free game saves - the button is gone from the menu. Whatever purpose lies behind, I strongly recommend to leave at least the option to enable free saving for the player's decision. There was whole games, I abandoned just because this flaw alone, it is highly frustrating, when player is forced to waste his time and nerves by repeating again and again a portion of gameplay because it's easy to die/fail and no option to save. In the case of Old Man, I feel motivated enough to continue, but since I don't want to spoil the fun by the lack of free saving, I intend to use/prepare a mod, that will give me free saving option, so I'll get at least single slot free save functionality equivalent. I hope, that will not break the mission design.

Nitpicking:

- in the intro, at some point player gets two chains of text on screen simultanously: lines of general introduction and small, white text as subtitles of some conversation going on in the background. Probably not a problem for the native speakers, but for guys like me it is a struggle trying to follow both in the same time. I lost some information here being unable to follow two sentences at once.

-  in the custom map GUI element "MESSENGER" doesn't fit single line, last "R" is moved into second line:

Spoiler

mess-1.jpg

That's it for now, thanks again, great Christmas gift. 🙂

• Like 2

Anxious to get my work day over so I can check this out! I'm digging the comments about the assets this brings to 3DEN. As a mission maker (assembler is more like it lol) I can't wait to dive in! Thanks Dev's!

Various issues I encountered:

1. Intro text, final line is not displayed properly on 5:4 screens.

2. Messed up formatting in Relations hint.

3. Civilian trying to walk through aid bags in IDAP camp.

4. Missing stringtable in Sleeping hint #1.

5. Mysterious CONTROL1 and CONTROL2 in hints Skipping time and Sleeping #2.

6. Checkpoint drone wil crash through bigger vehicles.

Spoiler

7. Radio news about outbreak in Galili village was not played for me for the first time - I only heard news jingle, and got diary update notification. Next time I heard the news, I got three things at once - Galili, something about Horizon Islands president, and blurb about convoy hit by IED.

8. While in Harcourt, trying to find another clue - I found rather obvious CSAT base in harbour, got diary update, saw containers with Big Pharma logo and guys in HAZMAT suits. However the task is still active, and I got no call from Miller The Killer. Am I supposed to raid this location?

Also - a lot of the props (objects, uniforms) used in this scenario come from Enoch update. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that Enoch stuff is downloaded only for Contact DLC owners, and just split from Contact, due to experimental nature of First Contact campaign itself? If so, what will see people without Contact/Enoch DLC?

• Like 1

multiple autosaves

Spoiler

in the beginning when I go out from the shed (where i previously pick up the explosive charge) i have a six autosaves without reason

• Like 1

a lot of the props (objects, uniforms) used in this scenario come from Enoch update. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that Enoch stuff is downloaded only for Contact DLC owners, and just split from Contact, due to experimental nature of First Contact campaign itself? If so, what will see people without Contact/Enoch DLC?

I'm using Contact DLC props/not-for-player-usage-stuff in my vanilla scenario without issues (I do not own this DLC myself). 

• Like 3

Tanoa CSAT reskin of the Zamak truck,

where is?

Am I supposed to hide from OPFOR? I assumed, I'm civilian free to be there, also I wasn't attacked by them when riding close to the base, I started at, but here:

Spoiler

police-shot.jpg

Was standing some police officer. I accidentally stopped there, after a while he shouted "stop" and went prone. I got out of my car, then he stood up back, said all's clear, but after another while he aimed at me, shouted about new contact and killed me, no idea, why, during "after death" shot I saw him shooting at my car too. 

Having GPS on is really helpful to understand wanted effect. To put it simple - when cops/soldiers start shouting at you, just back away. Don't stay there, don't get out of vehicle, don't move forward - move back. On map (or GPS) you'll see that there's a red overlay, and the longer you're near the enemy, the more red map becomes. At some point they will shoot you. When you back out, red overlay disappears, and so is your heat/wanted level.

Some more issues:

1. When I got into my first firefight with CSAT, I encountered following error: Sound OM_QRF_CSAT_report_Soldier_A_03_Chinese05_Processed not found.

2. Cars seems to have higher than regular Arma fuel consumption. Honestly, I think it's a little bit too high - with the starting car (red pickup) I barely made it to Vagalala (first Ensemble quest, second quest total), and had to ditch it because of empty tank. Either lower the fuel consumption, or add possibility to tank cars from jerry cans?

Spoiler

3. West of the Santiago's house, north of Miller's first camp, east of Ensemble laptop-in-a-warehouse there's a small village apparently targeted by Ensemble - the I'm a traitor place. In here there are a few loot items spawned, including 400 dollars. After I took this money, it spawned for me second time, when I drove through this place. I'm afraid the same may happen to other loot in the village - including Chinese assault rifle.

4. In Arsenal there are now two variants of Gendarmerie uniforms each - OPFOR and BLUFOR. IIRC in case of vanilla A3 FIA uniforms there are also B/O/I variants, but only BLUFOR are visible in Arsenal. It may be a good idea to do the same with new Gendarmerie uniforms.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, krzychuzokecia said:

Having GPS on is really helpful to understand wanted effect. To put it simple - when cops/soldiers start shouting at you, just back away. Don't stay there, don't get out of vehicle, don't move forward - move back. On map (or GPS) you'll see that there's a red overlay, and the longer you're near the enemy, the more red map becomes. At some point they will shoot you. When you back out, red overlay disappears, and so is your heat/wanted level.

Some more issues:

1. When I got into my first firefight with CSAT, I encountered following error: Sound OM_QRF_CSAT_report_Soldier_A_03_Chinese05_Processed not found.

2. Cars seems to have higher than regular Arma fuel consumption. Honestly, I think it's a little bit too high - with the starting car (red pickup) I barely made it to Vagalala (first Ensemble quest, second quest total), and had to ditch it because of empty tank. Either lower the fuel consumption, or add possibility to tank cars from jerry cans?

Hide contents

3. West of the Santiago's house, north of Miller's first camp, east of Ensemble laptop-in-a-warehouse there's a small village apparently targeted by Ensemble - the I'm a traitor place. In here there are a few loot items spawned, including 400 dollars. After I took this money, it spawned for me second time, when I drove through this place. I'm afraid the same may happen to other loot in the village - including Chinese assault rifle.

4. In Arsenal there are now two variants of Gendarmerie uniforms each - OPFOR and BLUFOR. IIRC in case of vanilla A3 FIA uniforms there are also B/O/I variants, but only BLUFOR are visible in Arsenal. It may be a good idea to do the same with new Gendarmerie uniforms.

The fuel consumption is pretty unreasonable, I only got a few kilometers on a tank of fuel. 

You need to buy fuel at the fuel station, and it cost me $100.

• Like 2

all asian heads have a texture glitches with beret border on front, only the asians

0B0508D663367C3E25D0B7437563AF8A057FC776

• Haha 1

Hi BIS - nice surprise for Christmas - thanks!

The new static M2 seem very easy to destroy and the shield appears to offer no protection.

cheers