RCA3

enableAIFeature: "AwareFormationSoft" "CombatFormationSoft"

I noticed since I started playing on Arma3 (contrary to Arma2),  every time I tried to change formation (especially from "line" to "file") the AI initiated this "dance" that took forever to form a complete formation (watch video).

Apparently I just found a way to stop this (I don't think this is documented anywhere else).

This subject is also related to at least these two topics (1, 2). I'd like here to alert to the existence of this problem but also this apparent simple solution and to ask BI (as mentioned as a possibility on the links given) to no remove the option of "Hard formation" in the future, because now, by enabling it the AI maneuvers as it is supposed to and much closer to Arma2's behaviour.

Thanks.

Solution:

"AwareFormationSoft" enableAIFeature false;

"CombatFormationSoft" enableAIFeature false;

1st part is default, 2nd part is not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On the other hand, the execution last exactly the same time: 24 sec,  from wedge to file;

and are faster by default (13 sec vs 23 sec)  from file to wedge.

But not a reason to remove the choice.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, RCA3 said:

I noticed since I started playing on Arma3 (contrary to Arma2),  every time I tried to change formation (especially from "line" to "file") the AI initiated this "dance" that took forever to form a complete formation (watch video).

Apparently I just found a way to stop this (I don't think this is documented anywhere else).

This subject is also related to at least these two topics (1, 2). I'd like here to alert to the existence of this problem but also this apparent simple solution and to ask BI (as mentioned as a possibility on the links given) to no remove the option of "Hard formation" in the future, because now, by enabling it the AI maneuvers as it is supposed to and much closer to Arma2's behaviour.

Thanks.

Solution:

1st part is default, 2nd part is not.

Can this be run Globally so it works for all players on a server?

4 hours ago, pazuzu said:

Can this be run Globally so it works for all players on a server?

It should, yes. On initPlayerLocal.sqf